Never Leave Early.

Day

14 minutes ago, sage said:

One of the saddest aspects of your treason is that you were rushing back to Grimsby. 

I'd have dawdled around an empty stadium for an hour before going home

I would take that from anyone, literally anyone that didn’t live in Belper!

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You’d fit right in with me in the west stand @David

Quite a few in front left immediately when we equalised! One of them must have been @one_chop, devastated that we might get something from the game.

On the contrary, I wouldn't waste money by walking out early regardless of the score. However I think we were a tad fortunate to come away with 3 points.

6 minutes ago, one_chop said:

On the contrary, I wouldn't waste money by walking out early regardless of the score. However I think we were a tad fortunate to come away with 3 points.

We have been a tad fortunate to win all the home games whilst being a tad unfortunate not to win all the away games 

16 hours ago, David said:

Oh well

None of you lot know what it's like to have social life's ?

One of my lads was going to a party with his girlfriend Saturday night, on 85 minutes he said shall we go, I said give it 2 or 3 minutes; seeing one goal, we sensed another and left as soon as we scored the 2nd.

Had to run to the car, to help his cause, he was in for earache but I ended up saying mate, you need to reign in her expectations, football should always be priority (outside medical emergencies).

He’s going to have a word with her ?

I never leave early since we scored two late goals against Coventry many moons ago. Now I stay until the bitter end as you just never know. Nothing is sweeter than a last minute equaliser/winner, it's a special kind of magic that makes everyone in the ground feel 10ft tall. I can't imagine its effects on the players tbh. 

Looking at it logically.

Surely if a person has a tendency to wants to beat the road blocks out side the ground, (bbq’s my arse) then the rational must be the current score?

3 nil down with 5 minutes of normal time left plus added would I think be the score to possibly justify an Irish Exit.

Leaving at 0-1 0-2 2-1 or any draw would certainly mean you value the time travelling from the match more than the actual match itself?

2 hours ago, one_chop said:

Surprised you waste money going to games in the first place, given how little you seem to enjoy them ?

Don’t think you’ll find many argue that we deserved to win the game though to be fair, Peterborough were unlucky not to get a point.

Anyone else think that Peterborough should have been made to wear different kit colours as they were very similar to Derby. Well our goalkeeper thought so ? lol 

I don’t think I ever leave early unless for an emergency 

Edited by Curtains
Added

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Looking at it logically.

Surely if a person has a tendency to wants to beat the road blocks out side the ground, (bbq’s my arse) then the rational must be the current score?

3 nil down with 5 minutes of normal time left plus added would I think be the score to possibly justify an Irish Exit.

Leaving at 0-1 0-2 2-1 or any draw would certainly mean you value the time travelling from the match more than the actual match itself?

That’s not looking at it logically.

Let’s say someone starts work in Derby City Centre at 5pm on a Saturday, can you fault them for going to watch 85 minutes of a football match?

When my wife has not seen her friends since the wedding and they are having a BBQ, I’m offered 85 minutes of the game, I’m not going to say nah forget it. 

Another day that game finishes 0-1 and this forum is in meltdown as we lost a game of football, nobody would say a thing about those that had to leave on 85.

The topic was tongue in cheek about never leaving early, if I knew the same was going to happen this Saturday I’d do it all over again.

If we start looking logically, you don’t book holidays on a week Derby are playing at home having forked out for a season ticket, I mean that’s just silly behaviour.

4 minutes ago, David said:

That’s not looking at it logically.

Let’s say someone starts work in Derby City Centre at 5pm on a Saturday, can you fault them for going to watch 85 minutes of a football match?

When my wife has not seen her friends since the wedding and they are having a BBQ, I’m offered 85 minutes of the game, I’m not going to say nah forget it. 

Another day that game finishes 0-1 and this forum is in meltdown as we lost a game of football, nobody would say a thing about those that had to leave on 85.

The topic was tongue in cheek about never leaving early, if I knew the same was going to happen this Saturday I’d do it all over again.

If we start looking logically, you don’t book holidays on a week Derby are playing at home having forked out for a season ticket, I mean that’s just silly behaviour.

Do you or do you not leave every game early?  Me and @Srg know the truth.

Its fine if you want to miss the traffic, but posting about it will always result in criticism from the membership.

I didn’t miss the goals?  They had my money and extra on top too! ?

You even left a reserve game early because it was spotting with rain.  Watch him deny it.?

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Do you or do you not leave every game early?  Me and @Srg know the truth.

Its fine if you want to miss the traffic, but posting about it will always result in criticism from the membership.

I didn’t miss the goals?  They had my money and extra on top too! ?

You even left a reserve game early because it was spotting with rain.  Watch him deny it.?

If you know the answer why ask the question, but no, it’s absolutely not the truth, it’s banter trying to claim it as truth but that’s all it is. I’ve even been to games where we had pictures with Keogh for getting man of the match. Have photographic evidence of that one as the Mrs was beaming. 

Posted it very much tongue in cheek and I do enjoy the comments where it’s a sin to leave a game early. I’ve sat there in Pride Park when Leicester went something like 4 up in the first half and the ground emptied around us and sat till the end. 

It’s one of those where nobody likes to admit it as they will get called out, where I don’t mind as the truth is many leave early regardless of the scoreline for a variety of reasons. 

Reminds me of a few years back on here where nobody was even allowed an opinion unless they went to the game ?