Never Leave Early.

Day

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

They only have beaches in Grimsby for somewhere to put the sewage. 

Hey, if we’re Googling surveys, our beach was ranked higher than Blackpool and Skeggy, so have that!

I have the luxury of not having to catch a bus or a train home, so I always stay until the bitter end, usually lurking in the stadium for a while afterwards waiting for the crowds to thin.

Leaving at 85mins potentially means you could miss the final 5, 10, 15 mins of a match which as we saw at the weekend is more than enough time to turn things around ? 

4 minutes ago, David said:

No need for a map, I live up here. Did you know that Grimsby Town Football Club's ground is in Cleethorpes. Pub quiz fact there for you.

I did know actually. We ran the Cleethorpes Beach Patrol mob along the front until they took up defensive positions behind police lines in 1982.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Remember it well,  also remember a pub getting trashed for selling mouldy pork pies.

We also had a memorable overnight stay in Skeggy after the match....10 of us in a builders van, it all got a tad messy, altercations with bouncers etc.etc. Couple of ours were back over in court a few weeks later.

"Those were the days my friend"......?

28 minutes ago, David said:

No need for a map, I live up here. Did you know that Grimsby Town Football Club's ground is in Cleethorpes. Pub quiz fact there for you.

Not as good as asking non football fans where Port Vale FC is.

Edited by uttoxram75

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Amateur. 

I was never big or hard enough tbh. I was in that group that was unsure what to do when we were being attacked and a big Derby lad stood in the middle of the road telling us not to run, hmmm, was the Derby lad more scary than the local neanderthals running at us?.....big decisions to be made in the 70';s and 80's. ?