Sponsors

Poynton ram

I’m sure we’ll be trying to sort out a new shirt sponsor as quickly as we possibly can, every game that goes by is lost income. Shirts look a bit weird without one too, which shows how embedded into the game sponsorship is now. I’m certain it’ll be sorted before the month is out.

Stadium sponsorship is very different though. That tends to be a much longer term contract, and I can’t see any reason why we’d commit to that at the moment. We can’t actually spend the extra income because of the EFL’s inflexible business plan, so there’s no real point in bringing it in - not when we’re in League One, and won’t be able to attract big money sponsorship anyway. Committing to a 10 year deal or something like that right now would be foolish, better off waiting until we’re hopefully back in the Championship and can attract much bigger name sponsors. We might actually be able to use the money at that point too. No way will Clowes be interested in stadium sponsorship for the next two years.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

As you say, we had this discussion on the shirts thread. There I made the point that until we do get a sponsor, let's do what Barcelona did during an earlier time and promote a charity, for examples:

• Unicef
  • Rams Family Fund
  • Foodbanks

There is a shortage of kits right now, whilst a nice idea, if we were to print a load off and a new sponsor was found before kit levels were back to normal, could be a bit tricky.

I'd imagine we have a number and are willing to wait. I have no idea what the cost would be to sponsor the shirt, perhaps I'm miles off the mark but I'd imagine it would be somewhere in the region of £500k a year. 

I know plenty of businesses that could benefit from that investment - some could just use it as a tax write off. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

There is a shortage of kits right now, whilst a nice idea, if we were to print a load off and a new sponsor was found before kit levels were back to normal, could be a bit tricky.

They're not being sold to the public, just being worn by players.....so just "iron on" the Unicef stickers on the morning of the game.

Presumably, the club has enough stock to keep going for the time being. There's a photo of Rooney in action last might in which his shirt is torn. I cannot imagine that they're having to sew it before the next game.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

They're not being sold to the public, just being worn by players.....so just "iron on" the Unicef stickers on the morning of the game.

Presumably, the club has enough stock to keep going for the time being. There's a photo of Rooney in action last might in which his shirt is torn. I cannot imagine that they're having to sew it before the next game.

Aware of that, however there is still a mass shortage as suppliers are struggling to get them shipped out.

If the club had enough, I'm sure we would have seen what was shown on the shirts in pre season. The fact they haven't says we have limited numbers to be placing temporary patches on 

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Rolls Royce must be the most popular and high value  !! 

I don’t think they’ll commit to a single team or anybody, I mean why would they need too?

Im looking at it via the owners eyes, the highest bidder.   

Any objections ought to see how close we came to going out of business.  When we’re a major force in football then we can call the shots.  I mean, look at Forest.  They turned down boxt boilers and now they’ve started the season and could have a mare, sponsors will be re thinking.