Sponsors

Poynton ram

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Derby University are minted, I worked as a caretaker there...Flamstead Court, Student residence, Circa 30 apartments in 5 blocks, The top apartments were let to very wealthy students(parents paying)multiply by 100s more throughout Derby and this alone gives a very healthy bank balance, Then there's the student fees on top, Constantly building in the Derby area.

This would be a great Sponsor imo ?

What would Derby Uni get out of it though unless they think it would significantly increase the number of students applying for places?

Surprised Rolls Royce haven’t done it before. There must be a huge untapped market of football fans unsure of where to buy their jet engines from who would surely be swayed by seeing the logo on the shirts of a third tier club on ITV4. Especially seeing as Rolls Royce is a brand virtually nobody has heard of before.

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Surprised Rolls Royce haven’t done it before. There must be a huge untapped market of football fans unsure of where to buy their jet engines from who would surely be swayed by seeing the logo on the shirts of a third tier club on ITV4. Especially seeing as Rolls Royce is a brand virtually nobody has heard of before.

You’re forgetting the potential increase in nuclear submarine reactor sales!

17 minutes ago, Duracell said:

To be fair, many Derby fans bought new trains from Bombardier when they sponsored the shirt.

Rolls Royce is that annual sponsor request, I’m sure that will continue until the day I leave this world and I’ll never fully understand why. 

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

When you sponsor something, i.e. a football club shirt, you are looking for higher interest in your company or product, with, hopefully higher sales.

I worked in the Middle East & South East Asia for 22 years, in the aviation and oil industries, which included Rolls Royce and BP, and I can assure you Rolls Royce is a very well known company throughout the aviation and automotive world, however, I never heard of anyone wanting to buy a £5 million jet engine, because they had previously seen a logo on a shirt.

1 minute ago, David said:

To be fair, many Derby fans bought new trains from Bombardier when they sponsored the shirt.

Rolls Royce is that annual sponsor request, I’m sure that will continue until the day I leave this world and I’ll never fully understand why. 

Would you come back as a Silver Ghost?

2 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

When you sponsor something, i.e. a football club shirt, you are looking for higher interest in your company or product, with, hopefully higher sales.

I worked in the Middle East & South East Asia for 22 years, in the aviation and oil industries, which included Rolls Royce and BP, and I can assure you Rolls Royce is a very well known company throughout the aviation and automotive world, however, I never heard of anyone wanting to buy a £5 million jet engine, because they had previously seen a logo on a shirt.

Chris Kirtchner would have.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Maybe they did but they just didn’t tell you.?

Here are some interesting facts on shirt sponsorships:

• In the previous 3 seasons 2019-2022, seventeen (17) from twenty-four (24) Championship clubs were sponsored by Bookmakers and the Gambling industry (70%).
  • There was not one shirt sponsorship for any League 1 or 2 clubs from the Gambling Industry during the same period.

For the 2022/23 season, the sponsorship deals for Premier clubs are:

• Nine are Gambling ; four Financial Services ; two Airlines ; two E-Commerce / Car Dealers ; one Automotive ; one IT Software and one Telecommunications.
  • Gambling takes up to 45% of the sponsorships in the Premier, and from the total, only five are UK located companies.

There is also shirt sleeve sponsorships in the Premier League, which are:

• Tourism (3) ; IT (5) ; Financial Services (4) ; Automotive (3) ; Beverage (1) ; Hospitality (1) ; Sports Retail (1) & Gambling (1). 

As far as I can see, none of them are "local" companies or have HQ's close to the clubs or even in their cities. However, we have Mike Ashley's 'Sports Direct' - Frazier Group in Derbyshire, who I'm sure would like to have some UK & local coverage of his brands?

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

That's simply not always the case - An example - When American Express started sponsoring Brighton's stadium and then their shirts, it was nothing to do with issuing more cards or getter greater revenue. It was an investment in the city where they employ 2,000 people, it involved partnering with the club on community based initiatives etc etc. I suspect Lotus at Norwich would be exactly the same, there will be other examples.

See below current sponsors.  Imagine if you could only buy from a club sponsor? - Go to Derby Uni, work at Toyota drive a BMW, drink Marstons, eat Greggs, play Golf at Morely Hayes and live in a Chevin Home.

Club Partners

199340221_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_35_16.thumb.png.718b98e45d4d67154bc0009a32a2843f.png

Preferred Partners1328050956_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_36_44.thumb.png.b1a4b525dbf95e31aba26c7559f8db47.png

Proud Partners2117486363_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_37_41.thumb.png.c69ecd0adf420b266ba79f010bcc4d89.png