Sponsors

Poynton ram

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

What would Derby Uni get out of it though unless they think it would significantly increase the number of students applying for places?

What does any advertising get out of it?, More exposure ?‍♀️ not through TV rights as we're league 1, Do they need it...who knows.

14 minutes ago, Maverick said:

See below current sponsors.  Imagine if you could only buy from a club sponsor? - Go to Derby Uni, work at Toyota drive a BMW, drink Marstons, eat Greggs, play Golf at Morely Hayes and live in a Chevin Home.

Club Partners

199340221_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_35_16.thumb.png.718b98e45d4d67154bc0009a32a2843f.png

Preferred Partners1328050956_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_36_44.thumb.png.b1a4b525dbf95e31aba26c7559f8db47.png

Proud Partners2117486363_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_37_41.thumb.png.c69ecd0adf420b266ba79f010bcc4d89.png

Is this for real

image.png.b250442fbdc30ed7269c7a36885098bb.png

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Blame the web designer from Grimsby.

But surely he sent it to you for final proof reading and a thumbs up to go live?  ?‍♂️
It's your baby, so your... oh... erm... holy poo... just cottoned on... do you mean "THAT" web designer from Grimsby?

Nowt to do wi me, anyroad... leave it wi' yer... Gotta go... 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

is there actually a kit for sale?

No... Not yet.
Late order (for obvious reasons), exacerbated further by world-wide supply issues within the industry as a whole.  
I posted a link a good week or so ago that stated that a large number of clubs had only home shirts for sale, and/or limited numbers and/or no more deliveries for a few months etc... again all due to the supply issues.

Our supplier did us a rush order for just enough shirts for the playing squad only.  Hence the "Home made" shirts worn for the pre-season games.

Is the time right for a Stadium Sponsor?

With every ground we visit at this level being sponsored - does it make financial sense to take a 2 year naming rights deal to see us through the EFL restrictions etc?  This would make good business sense as League 1 spend is related to turnover.

We don't have to go mad (as per the IPRO fiasco), but maybe a 2 year deal worth £1m would certainly pay some bills.

staff/players.

University of Bradford Stadium is a good example - local institution looking raise their awareness to attract more students spending £9k a year per course.. You only need to attract an additional 111 students over 2 years to get your money back! 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

What does any advertising get out of it?, More exposure ?‍♀️ not through TV rights as we're league 1, Do they need it...who knows.

We've discussed this before. Advertising is different to sponsorship. Sponsors usually do it for brand recognition and acceptance not out of the goodness of their hearts. The lower the league the more likely the sponsor is going to be a small local business because of the reduced exposure. If you need some new tyres you might trust and think of Terry's tyres because you'd seen their name on the shirts of your local team. Anyone seeing Derby Uni's name on our shirts will probably already know all about them. 

Hope we do a bit more research than Saturdays opponents Barnsley who have this morning scrapped their new sponsors crypto currency company Hex after just 2 league games.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/club-statement2/

Ponzi scheme, homophobic tweets………allegedly. 

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/23499/reds-investigate-offensive-tweets

spacer.png

On 11/08/2022 at 12:42, Mihangel said:

That's simply not always the case - An example - When American Express started sponsoring Brighton's stadium and then their shirts, it was nothing to do with issuing more cards or getter greater revenue. It was an investment in the city where they employ 2,000 people, it involved partnering with the club on community based initiatives etc etc. I suspect Lotus at Norwich would be exactly the same, there will be other examples.

Yes, indeed.  

Actually, I have always thought with my business hat on that a credit card specific to the club "The Ram Card AmEX", or something, would be perfect on shirts - exposure in that it would be visible to the people who'd buy because of what it represents.  Would only be a simple AMEX card, but you could tailor it club by club and advertise in such a way to create unique buy in --- would end the issue of Carling for a time not being bought by Rangers fans as they sponsored Celtic.

Local community thing also important.  I think DC should simply put Clowes Developments on the shirts for this reason.  Would be good brand, rather than purchaser, marketing.

14 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Hope we do a bit more research than Saturdays opponents Barnsley who have this morning scrapped their new sponsors crypto currency company Hex after just 2 league games.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/club-statement2/

Ponzi scheme, homophobic tweets………allegedly. 

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/23499/reds-investigate-offensive-tweets

spacer.png

I wonder how long it is since two unsponsored (on the shirt) professional football teams played each other

Always wonder at Champ level down what a shirt sponsor would get in return for their money?

I'm surprised nothing creative has come in... like Birds sponsoring and saying that anyone who goes into a Birds Shop wearing the football shirt with their logo on can get a 20% discount or something like that.