Liam Rosenior

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

I'm not sure whether you're laughing at the calibre of manager available or the fact i'd happily have 3 of them. If its the case that i'd happily have 3 of them then i'm a little confused as MM two promotions to the PL and LB promotion to the championship which would suggest they know what they're doing or have known something about managing at some point in their lives. 

Mick McCarthy last won a promotion in 2008-2009. Not far off getting King Billy back. What about Brian McDermott? He won the Championship more recently.

All the names you've listed, how many will get the best out of the players we have? It's reminiscent of Mad Mel going from Clement to Pearson to Mac II to Rowett, to Lampard...

On 14/09/2022 at 13:12, Tamworthram said:

Does that all mean we "played well" then? Because it didn't look it to me.

I think it means we had sufficient chances to win the game, which we did. Doesn't mean we played well. 

I guess the hope is that the xG rate continues and we get better at taking the opportunities. Ultimately it's a results game though, so the stats mean nowt if we score fewer than the opposition.

I think the last two results make our performances feel worse than they actually were. I think our approach away from home has been different, I just don't think we've got the points return we perhaps deserved. Conversely, we got points against Oxford, Barnsley and Peterborough when we won and weren't at our best.

3 points on Saturday and I think we'd be about where we deserve to be at this point. Hopefully looking up the table but it's a critical game.

On a more general point, I don't think the players are executing what LR wants as he's sounded frustrated when build up has been slow. If he's going to keep the current formation, I think he has to drop one of Bird or Hourihane though, need me energy and bite in there from Smith or Knight for my money, if that comes at the expense of playing a pawn at RB then so be it. 

#cheekychessreference

12 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I think it means we had sufficient chances to win the game, which we did. Doesn't mean we played well. 

I guess the hope is that the xG rate continues and we get better at taking the opportunities. Ultimately it's a results game though, so the stats mean nowt if we score fewer than the opposition.

I think the last two results make our performances feel worse than they actually were. I think our approach away from home has been different, I just don't think we've got the points return we perhaps deserved. Conversely, we got points against Oxford, Barnsley and Peterborough when we won and weren't at our best.

3 points on Saturday and I think we'd be about where we deserve to be at this point. Hopefully looking up the table but it's a critical game.

On a more general point, I don't think the players are executing what LR wants as he's sounded frustrated when build up has been slow. If he's going to keep the current formation, I think he has to drop one of Bird or Hourihane though, need me energy and bite in there from Smith or Knight for my money, if that comes at the expense of playing a pawn at RB then so be it. 

#cheekychessreference

One 20 second advance through midfield v Lincoln with 3 Lincoln players in his slipstream demonstrated in microcosm why Knight needs to play in the position God created him for: midfield.

#knight=3forward&1sidewards*

*cheekychessreference

Edited by Ellafella

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

When was the last time any of them were successful at L1 level? (or at all, if you prefer)

Bowyer within the last 5 years I think and as for MM. I’d say that if you can manage in the championship/premier league then you can do it in league 1. 

If we’re allowed to pay compensation for a manager then that’s my preferred option.

27 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

#cheekychessreference

I agree with your first sentence but I was replying to the statement “xG is a great indicator to show that we are actually playing well”

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mick McCarthy last won a promotion in 2008-2009. Not far off getting King Billy back. What about Brian McDermott? He won the Championship more recently.

All the names you've listed, how many will get the best out of the players we have? It's reminiscent of Mad Mel going from Clement to Pearson to Mac II to Rowett, to Lampard...

Can only go off who’s available. Think I missed of Ferguson as well who could be better suited. 

If we could go for an Evatt or Schumacher then that would be preferable but I’m unsure of how the restrictions affect us in that area.

Those on about sacking Rosenior need their head checking for me. He needs until at least christmas before we really should have a think about his position. Yes, the away results and performances aren't good enough but we're still not even 10 games in. If at Christmas we're languishing in lower mid table then it's time for Clowes to have a chat with Rosenior and think about his position. 

19 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

You say some pie in the sky stuff but this is just nonsense. 

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

6 hours ago, Premier ram said:

...why not try giving some insight into solutions , humour me and give me a realistic name of a manager who will come in under these constraints and sort out , the away form , right back , centre mid , centre forward , tactics  etc  and gain promotion this season

That's the other forum brother. This is the one where every bugger knows precisely what's broken, but no fecker has a clue how to fix it.

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Those on about sacking Rosenior need their head checking for me. He needs until at least christmas before we really should have a think about his position. Yes, the away results and performances aren't good enough but we're still not even 10 games in. If at Christmas we're languishing in lower mid table then it's time for Clowes to have a chat with Rosenior and think about his position. 

I have seen a couple of houses with decorations up. Does that count as it’s Christmas? 

5 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Current realistic managers that are out of work, i've put a * against the ones i'd be happy with;

Mick McCarthy*

Nigel Adkins

Paul Lambert

Michael O'Neill*

Jonathan Woodgate

Sol Campbell

Garry Monk

Lee Bowyer*

Whether we can poach somebody elses manager with the restrictions etc i don't know.

Most of those managers have had periods where they have had far worse results than LR and have ended in with them getting sacked.  Don't really understand why you would be happy to disregard all of McCarthy's poor runs when youre not prepared to do the same for LR, whose bad run is effectively just two games.

Edited by Blondest Goat

5 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Current realistic managers that are out of work, i've put a * against the ones i'd be happy with;

Mick McCarthy*

Nigel Adkins

Paul Lambert

Michael O'Neill*

Jonathan Woodgate

Sol Campbell

Garry Monk

Lee Bowyer*

Whether we can poach somebody elses manager with the restrictions etc i don't know.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

20 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Most of those managers have had periods where they have had far worse results than LR and have ended in with them getting sacked.  Don't really understand why you would be happy to disregard all of McCarthy's poor runs when youre not prepared to do the same for LR, whose bad run is effectively just two games.

What Division are we in.  Remind me 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Bowyer within the last 5 years I think and as for MM. I’d say that if you can manage in the championship/premier league then you can do it in league 1. 

If we’re allowed to pay compensation for a manager then that’s my preferred option.

Bowyer got Charlton promoted, but was mullered by Birmingham fans in the end and is still, er, LEE BOWYER FFS 

and paying compo for a manager, really...?? 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

If we are going off managers who got promoted from the Chanpionship in Mick McCarthy’s era, I would prefer Owen Coyle, Ian Holloway or Phil Brown.