Liam Rosenior

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't that the exact joie de vivre of being a football supporter, you go down the pub after the game and chat to your mates about decisions and tactics and poor substitutions and so on....you're the one now being negative saying no football fan should be able to even discuss those matters which is exactly what folks are doing on here.

Makes my pee boil that the posters who are complaining about other forum members being negative or hyper critical are exactly that themselves. Hypocrisy at its worst.

Dosnt matter how much you discuss at the pub, its not going to change things, im not being hypocritical, just trying to be positive after all only played 4 games.

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

As a youth, I did apply for the Derby job after Mackay was sacked. Good application aswell, would've enrolled my Dad as assistant - he had experience of managing a pit team.

I'm still convinced that I would've done a better job than Murphy and, certainly, Docherty.

Never received a reply. That was just rude.

Murphy was actually a good coach but lacked any gravitas; Docherty...flash in the pan at Man U and oh...a total dismantler / wrecker of a good squad at Derby.  

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

Dosnt matter how much you discuss at the pub, its not going to change things, im not being hypocritical, just trying to be positive after all only played 4 games.

Don't then criticise other posters who are simply commenting on what they think could be improved. 

That's positive in itself is it not?

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Murphy was actually a good coach but lacked any gravitas; Docherty...flash in the pan at Man U and oh...a total dismantler / wrecker of a good squad at Derby.  

Murphy did well at Lincoln and Hull but was out of his depth with the Division One champions players.

And I cannot think of him without thinking of glass coffee tables. No, don't ask.

I'd rather not talk about Docherty.

29 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Positivity is a great thing, it is a force for good. You won't find many successful people who have a negative or pessimistic approach to life. As I've said before, we're going to lose games this season, games we think we should be winning, just like life, it's how you respond to those setbacks that matter.

And we've ended up trying to defend a perfectly good away point! 

21 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You may have missed some of the posts I/others have read

The comment I was responding to was all about would be barrack room lawyer forum members who know far better how to manage a football team then LR (in the OPs esteemed opinion).

Of course we all do and it's not singular to Derby fans. Ten Haag shouldn't play the midfield duo of McFred, should have ditched slabhead at the start of the season yada yada. 

Just find it strange that the OP brought it up as some kind of taboo subject, thou shalt not dare discuss how the manager could have done things differently. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The comment I was responding to was all about would be barrack room lawyer forum members who know far better how to manage a football team then LR (in the OPs esteemed opinion).

Of course we all do and it's not singular to Derby fans. Ten Haag shouldn't play the midfield duo of McFred, should have ditched slabhead at the start of the season yada yada. 

Just find it strange that the OP brought it up as some kind of taboo subject, thou shalt not dare discuss how the manager could have done things differently. 

Very sarcastic i think

17 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't that the exact joie de vivre of being a football supporter, you go down the pub after the game and chat to your mates about decisions and tactics and poor substitutions and so on....

It is. I just hope you don’t go down the pub after the game and start talking about Leroy Rosenior as that is going to confuse a lot of people ?

Going to write this 10 minutes before the end so it doesn't look like a bashing if the result doesn't go our way.

Pre game interview he was saying how delighted he was with how were playing and that were ahead of where he expected us to be, he was then asked "so this means you won't make any changes" to which he basically laughed and said absolutely not.

We've seen many a manager over the last few years either not find a plan b, or arrogantly not change things up to go against their way which has led to many a sacking, I hope for LR and our sake as we need stability he doesn't fall into the same bracket of what we've seen before and we develop plans b, c and so on, it doesn't matter what league you're in you have to be able to adapt. 

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Going to write this 10 minutes before the end so it doesn't look like a bashing if the result doesn't go our way.

Pre game interview he was saying how delighted he was with how were playing and that were ahead of where he expected us to be, he was then asked "so this means you won't make any changes" to which he basically laughed and said absolutely not.

We've seen many a manager over the last few years either not find a plan b, or arrogantly not change things up to go against their way which has led to many a sacking, I hope for LR and our sake as we need stability he doesn't fall into the same bracket of what we've seen before and we develop plans b, c and so on, it doesn't matter what league you're in you have to be able to adapt. 

What would Plan B be? Bring himself out of retirement and score goals himself?

Just now, nottingram said:

What would Plan B be? Bring himself out of retirement and score goals himself?

I mean formation changes, yes today we've done everything right but score, not knocking the performance, was just how he shrugged off making changes I hope he doesn't continue with something that wouldn't be getting us results for the sake of having a certain style.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I mean formation changes, yes today we've done everything right but score, not knocking the performance, was just how he shrugged off making changes I hope he doesn't continue with something that wouldn't be getting us results for the sake of having a certain style.

Am a big believer that if you get performances right, results will follow. We’re playing well, no need whatsoever to panic. 

Besides, Dobbin starting over Smith is a much more attacking move

Just now, nottingram said:

Am a big believer that if you get performances right, results will follow. We’re playing well, no need whatsoever to panic. 

Besides, Dobbin starting over Smith is a much more attacking move

Someone's going to end up on the back of a 6-0 spanking from us that's inevitable, it is slightly worrying though the chances were not converting, again don't want to bash because it's early days but Collins has had a few he should've scored by now, the floodgates will hopefully open once he gets one but how many games in can we give it? 

15 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Plan B and Plan C etc are just myths.

Get plan A right 8 times out of 10 and you don’t need to change the way you’re playing. 

I thinks he's a smashing bloke,eloquent a d intelligent with a huge knowledge of the technical side of the game.

I personally don't believe he's quite ready to be first team coach,he's still lacking in experience in some aspects of the game,principally in forming an effective attack who are confident and relaxed enough to score goals.

The solution might be to bring in an experienced head who can tweak the system with him (in a similar manner to when we supplemented Darren wassell,which proved to be a positive step) and unlock our attacking potential.