Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Rooney said things have changed a few days fewer ago. 

That's news to me. Rooney said things had changed, after the Sheffield United game and that's when Shinnie was sold. He said things are now out of my hands. But in the press conference for Forest, he said he'd been reassured by the administrators again that they won't sell anyone without his permission.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When did Rooney say that?

He literally said on Saturday that he had assurances from the admins that no one else would leave without his say so.

I'm not aware Rooney spoke since Saturday?

He's said players wouldnt leave without his say so before and that turned out not to be true. He's made promises multiple times to us as well that never end up happening.

Just because Rooney says something doesnt meab that it is accurate

29 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He's said players wouldnt leave without his say so before and that turned out not to be true. He's made promises multiple times to us as well that never end up happening.

Just because Rooney says something doesnt meab that it is accurate

He says what he is told. The reason why it turned out not to be true is because the situation changed. Now it's changed back again so there's no reason not to believe what Rooney is saying

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

It would be a decent touch - and a thank you to the club for sticking by him - if he agrees to stay and, when possible, sign a 12 month extension to increase the fee we get in the summer or next January.

He’s not going to sign for the amount of money he could be offered by Derby. And I wouldn’t blame him one little bit. 

58 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He says what he is told. The reason why it turned out not to be true is because the situation changed. Now it's changed back again so there's no reason not to believe what Rooney is saying

The situation changes all the time and everything he is told including before we went into administration has more often than not proved to be false. Thats a pretty big reason not to believe him

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

To be accurate then.

You have essentially said the same thing with further steps. Nobody is forcing Rooney to constantly make brazen statements that often turn out to be untrue.

The whole point of my comment is that you cant blindly believe what Rooney says. It is irrelevant who told who what. How far back in the chain of people telling lies to each other do you want to go for goodness sake 

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You have essentially said the same thing with further steps. Nobody is forcing Rooney to constantly make brazen statements that often turn out to be untrue.

The whole point of my comment is that you cant blindly believe what Rooney says. It is irrelevant who told who what. How far back in the chain of people telling lies to each other do you want to go for goodness sake 

Brazen statements? Oh dear. yes if you like! ?

He has said he likes to be honest. He's asked questions by the media he has information that he has been told. I repeat in this case it isn't Rooney doing the telling, he is just forwarding information. The chain goes back to the origin, in the current case the administrators - so not very far. ?

Sell Lawrence and we will freefall. Circa 10 games, 20,000 fan sales lost, thats 500k revenue. Probably a TV game lost, so thats another 100k. We've now early matched his wages.

Then the probability of staying up, let's say 20%, on a revenue difference between the leagues of 12 million, thats 2.4 million.

I literally cannot see any scenario where selling him helps us, and i certainly don't think keeping him is the difference between being liquidated and surviving.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Sell Lawrence and we will freefall. Circa 10 games, 20,000 fan sales lost, thats 500k revenue. Probably a TV game lost, so thats another 100k. We've now early matched his wages.

Then the probability of staying up, let's say 20%, on a revenue difference between the leagues of 12 million, thats 2.4 million.

I literally cannot see any scenario where selling him helps us, and i certainly don't think keeping him is the difference between being liquidated and surviving.

Personally,I’m a Tom Lawrence fan so I’m finding it hard to come to terms with all this praise now suddenly being lavished on him when it wasn’t so long ago that he was being cast as a club villain for his part in the “Joiners affair”. His commitment and work ethic was being questioned on various social media on a weekly, sometimes daily ,basis and so many “fans” were happy to state their dissatisfaction with what they perceived as a lack of effort and discipline on his part. He has his faults but Rooney has seen enough to make him captain so he must be doing something right.His contract ,like so many others ,finishes at the end of June and it just may be that a decent transfer fee,while he’s playing well,may just be enough to keep us afloat until the preferred bidder is named.Players come and players go,that’s football! The main thing is that we still have a Club to support at the end of this never ending nightmare.I’ve followed Derby since 1964 and one thing is for sure, it’s never ever been boring !

clubs circling our players include Celtic for Lawrence, and Newcastle or Leeds for Knight.

If there was any hope of surviving relegation this season, it rested in keeping whats left of the team together.

Without Lawrence and Knight, we are relegated.

Obviously, we know its impossible to get decent replacements for those players.

Then again 3 million for Lawrence, and 5 million for knight keeps the stadium lights on.

8 hours ago, DesertRam said:

If he goes for less than 6/7 million its not worth it, only scenario where we sell him

is if it solves our shortfall for the next 3 months etc..

And of course there is zero chance of anything close to that with his contract running out. Any money that we do get has to make a material difference to our survivability and if Forest or whoever offer a fiver and a Mars bar then there is no point, his wages would be a saving of course but it wouldn't be a tipping point to our viability. That's not to say that it won't happen of course as I think that is highly likely unless we can get a bid over the line sharpish. We need to prove funds for the season and offers for players at the moment wouldn't even cover the cost of pies on match day.

35 minutes ago, Oldben said:

clubs circling our players include Celtic for Lawrence, and Newcastle or Leeds for Knight.

If there was any hope of surviving relegation this season, it rested in keeping whats left of the team together.

Without Lawrence and Knight, we are relegated.

Obviously, we know its impossible to get decent replacements for those players.

Then again 3 million for Lawrence, and 5 million for knight keeps the stadium lights on.

Wishful thinking there in the current circumstances - we might get £500,000 off Bournemouth in cash terms all other add ons is fantasy money currently - sure Kinght is worth a lot and under contract but in our current circumstances and currently cash is king