Louis Sibley - make or break season?

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Coventry apparently want him as O' hare replacement.   If Hourihane does come as suggested we need cash to pay his wages .  He'll want more than our ceiling.  So will need to be balanced.  Do think this one will totally bite us on the arse though if it happens.  In an attacking Coventry side he'll get 10-15 goals and next year they'll be looking to replace him. 

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Fixed that for you. Not that he has to prove anything to you just now. I'm sure if he scored 15 goals this season you still wouldn't be happy.

His Rams record suggests otherwise played 61 games 7 goals in 3 years 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Playing out wide, not centrally.  As we always do we buy crap wingers, can't afford anymore and wind up sticking midfielders and strikers out wide. 

Excuses he has not delivered over 3 years two managers and a bit part player at best because thats what over hyping does. 

Sibley is an enigma, burst on to the scene and breathed life in to Cocu's team during covid. 

Then with everyone waiting for the Louie show to properly start up he seemed to drop out of favour. 

I would've had him down as a definite squad member for this season, however if LR doesn't rate him then Coventry may well got him on the cheap. I think at this stage in his career he's either got to be guaranteed plenty of minutes for us or he needs to be pushing for a move to start a fresh. 

Let's see how this one plays out. 

7 minutes ago, Magicman said:

His Rams record suggests otherwise played 61 games 7 goals in 3 years 

Lets add some context to this.

Championship - 67 apps, 7 goals, 3 assists, mins per goal 2880.
PL2 - 40 apps, 12 goals, 5 assists, mins per goal 3110.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/louie-sibley/leistungsdaten/spieler/537270/saison/#gesamt

He actually has a slightly better record in the time he's given in the Championship - because he's been limited to sub appearances for most of those.

Also, he's still only 20. 

Also also - I see no left back appearances here:

Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 12.31.16.png

57 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Won't miss them although of the 3 Festy is the most likely to succeed at top level because he is powerful & quicker to learn. 

Festy is like one of those golfers who smacks the ball 420 yards in competitions in texas attended by people who wear MAGA hats. But who can’t putt, chip, pitch or even bend over to pick up the ball from out of the hole.  And why Italy, the country where the football aficionados admire an elegant 0-0 draw !! ?

Ebiowei will be twice the player 

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Coventry apparently want him as O' hare replacement.   If Hourihane does come as suggested we need cash to pay his wages .  He'll want more than our ceiling.  So will need to be balanced.  Do think this one will totally bite us on the arse though if it happens.  In an attacking Coventry side he'll get 10-15 goals and next year they'll be looking to replace him. 

I thought it was now well established we are working to a pre-agreed business plan regarding wages and the like. If Hourihane is signing it is for a wage we can afford and one he has accepted, one that has been budgeted for as you mentioned the need to be balanced, perhaps a combination of the wages saved on the likes of Roos, Ravel, Festy, Allsop, Ebiowei and Buchanan? 
Where does this idea that players will be demanding extortionate amounts from us keep coming from? 

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I thought it was now well established we are working to a pre-agreed business plan regarding wages and the like. If Hourihane is signing it is for a wage we can afford and one he has accepted, one that has been budgeted for as you mentioned the need to be balanced, perhaps a combination of the wages saved on the likes of Roos, Ravel, Festy, Allsop, Ebiowei and Buchanan? 
Where does this idea that players will be demanding extortionate amounts from us keep coming from? 

Exactly. It's not a case of us saying to the EFL "If you let us sign Hourihane, we promise that we'll sell someone so that we can afford him."

If we're signing him, it's because we can afford him now and it's within the restrictions.

Edited by Scott129

54 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Excuses he has not delivered over 3 years two managers and a bit part player at best because thats what over hyping does. 

In 3 years? He was introduced to the first team at the end of the 19/20 season... and was lethal. I think that was within the last 3 years.

He hasn't been given a chance to play on a regular basis since and his performances have shown that.

42 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nowhere, it's just rival fans worried we're going to piss the league 

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Having played the game at decent standard,  I promise you the higher you go the more difference being played out of position becomes a bother and he played 5 leagues above my best.   Plus Rooney clearly had some personality clash with and not only played him out wide but did so for 10 minutes at a time.  Can only remember coming on as a 10 twice and in one he scored against Brentford.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I would only base it on he has championship offers, so to drop a league below that he probably wants parity and maybe an incentive on top.  He could be a nice guy whose made a lot of money and fancies the project.  Footballs made me very cynical to be honest though.  Seems more mercenary than it was 25 years ago.