Louis Sibley - make or break season?

35 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He's been wasted out wide for too long. Hopefully having already signed two wide players in NML and Barkhuizen means he won't be there again this season.

That no10 role is the perfect place for him, reduce the pressure on the defensive side, reduce the risk of him picking up bookings. Let him concentrate on 

I'm thinking you didn't watch this game:

Spent most of the game the furthest forward of a midfield three with Bird and Rooney, Lawrence and Holmes wide.

Yes never repeated it has he but i am not against the lad just think he is over hyped by some of the fans

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's just confirmed the fact you haven't actually watched him in the youth sides...

I did and raved about him then but brought in too soon IMO and his short temper reminded me of Hughes who let it get too him. 

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I did and raved about him then but brought in too soon IMO and his short temper reminded me of Hughes who let it get too him. 

If you had watched him for the U18s and U23s, you would have known he only ever ayed centrally for the U18s, and only played on the left wing a couple of times for the U23s when Rooney tried to reinvent him as a winger

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If you had watched him for the U18s and U23s, you would have known he only ever ayed centrally for the U18s, and only played on the left wing a couple of times for the U23s when Rooney tried to reinvent him as a winger

Rubbish,  he was a left back in U18/23 , who loved to attack , never central midfield as his control is too flawed being one footed.

10 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Yes never repeated it has he but i am not against the lad just think he is over hyped by some of the fans

Can't disagree that fans got a little overexcited about him. Especially the comparisons with Jude Bellingham at the time.

But you're getting into a circular argument here. He hasn't been able to get close to replicating this since he hasn't been in his preferred position, but you're saying that isn't his preferred position...

7 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Rubbish,  he was a left back in U18/23 , who loved to attack , never central midfield as his control is too flawed being one footed.

Perhaps you haven't been here long enough to know that you're arguing with someone very knowledgeable about the u23s and u18s...

A hat trick from centre mid, by the way.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Perhaps you haven't been here long enough to know that you're arguing with someone very knowledgeable about the u23s and u18s...

Trust me have been a fan since 1964 so reckon I seen enough to judge how he was developing. 

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Can't disagree that fans got a little overexcited about him. Especially the comparisons with Jude Bellingham at the time.

But you're getting into a circular argument here. He hasn't been able to get close to replicating this since he hasn't been in his preferred position, but you're saying that isn't his preferred position...

Its not his best position mate he might want it but he can't shield the ball or stamp control . Better stick as left sided second striker. 

6 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Its not his best position mate he might want it but he can't shield the ball or stamp control . Better stick as left sided second striker. 

They are his weaknesses yes - but they aren't qualities you need as an advanced mid. That's what you need from a holder like Bird or Bielik, or a central striker a la Martin or CKR.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Rumours in talks with Coventry

Did you see the same footyinsider247 post @Animal is a Ramshared from Twitter @Gee SCREAMER !!? Or do you have other info?

Wanting clarity as that one post from Twitter/footballinsider247 says their “recruitment source” has told them Coventry are “lining up a bid” which is different to Sibley already being “in talks”.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-coventry-city-line-up-bid-for-derby-county-star-louie-sibley/

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

They are his weaknesses yes - but they aren't qualities you need as an advanced mid. That's what you need from a holder like Bird or Bielik, or a central striker a la Martin or CKR.

Well he stopped scoring goals too so won't be missed IMO. 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think it depends on how you want your team to play.  It's basically the same situation we had with Vydra IMO.  They're both best when on the front foot, dribbling at people, making runs into the box, getting shots off etc.  Neither of them are great at linking the play up, playing pass and move, tracking back etc.  If you want to play quite direct (not necessarily hoof-ball, but at least progressing the ball forward quickly) then they're both quite effective.  If you want to control the game, keep the ball etc, then there's nowhere to fit them in the team - they don't have the skillset to play as one of the midfielders or lone strike, and they're wasted out wide.

26 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A hat trick from centre mid, by the way.

There's absolutely no evidence that he's playing as a number 10 there. Well, other than he's wearing number 10. Oh, and playing where a number 10 plays. But apart from that, nothing!

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Given your views on Festy and Ebiowei, I don't trust your judgement on any player.

Won't miss them although of the 3 Festy is the most likely to succeed at top level because he is powerful & quicker to learn.