David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Nixon has reported that we are stepping in to try and sign David McGoldrick ahead of Middlesbrough. 

Also, Conor Hourihane is expected to sign (as Barkhuizen did)!

I feel Nixon might be better at knowing about S.ignings than Takeovers. If we needed to know about signing before the season ticket information comes out we are doing okay ? 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't care if he is good or not, if Middlesbrough want him then please for the love of God, chuck our whole budget at it, just to pee Gibson off ?

That didn't end well for us when Mel and Gibson were trying to sign Waghorn ?

Edited by JPRamFan

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Not for me neither. I’m concerned over creativity and goals - this guy is a 1 in 5 player.

It depends who else we buy.

Like you I worry that we’ll end up with another team of players that plays nicely but doesn’t have the desire or skill to score a goal.

We we’re pretty toothless last year and I always felt Lawrence was our best chance of scoring.

Now he’s going and we still don’t have a player you would say is a natural goal scorer.

McGoldrick is a great partner for a scorer (Billy Sharp) but not a target man.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It depends who else we buy.

Like you I worry that we’ll end up with another team of players that plays nicely but doesn’t have the desire or skill to score a goal.

We we’re pretty toothless last year and I always felt Lawrence was our best chance of scoring.

Now he’s going and we still don’t have a player you would say is a natural goal scorer.

McGoldrick is a great partner for a scorer (Billy Sharp) but not a target man.

I think he would help create goals and hold the ball up well, a bit more mobile CKR….would need a scorer up top with him….