New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We clearly are working to an agreed plan (aren’t all transfers subject to EFL consent?). Maybe Boro just didn’t offer enough but I agree with others posters and reasons he may prefer Derby is because of location and likely playing time. I really think you’re worrying unnecessary and looking for issues that aren’t there. If you’re looking for clarity on how much Derby and Boro offered then I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed.

just want to ask the question tamworth. 

think we have to going forward as supporters. we turned a blind eye too long which led to the position we got in.

it might seem moany but we cant repeat the same mistakes.

23 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

You do know we are still under a strict business plan don't you?, so how can we offer more money than Boro???.

Have a day off will ya.

so i keep hearing, but lets see the details. the reality is nobody knows what they are, it might not be as "STRICT" as made out

it would be a first for the efl to act in our interests

Edited by alram

2 minutes ago, alram said:

think we have to going forward as supporters. we turned a blind eye too long which led to the position we got in.

Ah so it was our fault MM overspent then and we went into administration?, right gotcha.

5 minutes ago, alram said:

so i keep hearing, but lets see the details. the reality is nobody knows what they are, it might not be as "STRICT" as made out

Even if you ignore the business plan, we're restricted to spending 75% of our revenue on player wages, leaving us with a wage bill of £11-14m. I'd be surprised if the agreed business plan is not stricter than this, otherwise it becomes pretty much redundant for the EFL to state we're under a restricted player wage budget.

7 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Ah so it was our fault MM overspent then and we went into administration?, right gotcha.

no but there wasn't enough voices raising questions especially in the media. the alarm bells should have been rining when we didnt submit the accounts, if it happens again we should know something is going on behind the scenes and make a big issue of it.

4 minutes ago, alram said:

It would be contradictory of Clowes’ statement for him to come in and start throwing excessive amounts of money around;

“Words, I know, are cheap and so, going forward, we intend to be judged by our actions.

Alongside my team, I will be doing everything in my power to make Derby County safe, secure, and successful for many generations to come.

Thank you

David Clowes”

The club has a budget, which people far more clever than I will have worked out and agreed. The EFL allegedly have then approved that budget and will be making sure we work sensibly within it, as per their statement last week;

“As part of the conditions of continuing membership in the EFL, the Club, whilst remaining under a registration embargo, will be permitted to sign new players in accordance with the terms of a business plan.

The plan, which has been jointly agreed by the new ownership and the EFL, includes restrictions in respect of transfers fees, player wages and agents’ fees. Any application to register players must comply with the terms of those agreed plans.”

Further to that a large number of our playing staff who were on a combination of small to larger term contracts have since left the club meaning there is room within the wage budget to spend.

There’s the info that should reassure you this isn’t a repeat of the boom and bust approach of our former owner.

1 minute ago, alram said:

no but there wasn't enough voices raising questions especially in the media. the alarm bells should have been rining when we didnt submit the accounts, if it happens again we should know something is going on behind the scenes and make a big issue of it.

The damage was already done by then tho. 

With the benefit of hindsight, the season that the rot set in was 2015 - 2016. The pre season was illustrative. 

A high profile new manager, a splurge of incoming transfers, all after a relative failure of a season and without any compensating indication of where extra funding was coming from. 

7 minutes ago, alram said:

Adding to our threadbare squad in this moment, days after a takeover was completed and the insolvency arrangements agreed in order to settle the debts, which in turn allows the club to continue functioning according to an agreed plan and with sensible restrictions in place rather than going bust….is not cause to be raising concerns in the media around our spending or questioning the goings on behind the scenes. It’s about the only time in years we should be resting easy with the approach the club is taking.
Derby are recruiting sensibly within the restrictions placed on the club, if we’re not we will be expelled from the league as per the EFL statement. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

We're massive

37 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Champions elect, I like it ?

More importantly, at least HubFootballUK have got a potential new signing in a clean shirt this time!!

Oh please don't let these sites/tweeters start posting mockups of what the players would look like in a Derby shirt. The first attempt is particularly bad.

1 hour ago, alram said:

That's why we have to comply with the EFL plan, to stop us making the same mistakes. We are under far more scrutiny than any other club in League 1 so I think we just need to relax and trust DC not to try to find loopholes etc. 

1 hour ago, alram said:

Let it go alram. We're unlikely to see the details but I think we can be fairly confident that the club have had to produce some kind of budget and cash flow forecast (based on realistic income expectations) and any proposed contracts will need to fit within those projections. 

@alramThere's little point asking how much we're paying the players we're signing, because no-one knows. We don't even have the details of the EFL restrictions and business plan. You're just whining into the abyss at this point. None of us know. None of us. No-one. None.

Sooner or later, rumours will start. If those rumours suggest we might be paying excessive wages, everyone can then write to our friend Trevor at the EFL and ask him if DCFC are adhering to the business plan, although it'll probably be pointless because (a) Mr Ploppy of Bristol will already have written to him and (b) the EFL will already have deducted points off us because if you imagine they won't be all over us like a rash, you're possibly on even stronger drugs than I am. 

Edited by Crewton

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Easy to answer, I don't want a 34 year old striker who rarely scores goals, Davis mcgoldrick.

Malik Haa a good scoring record, and if he does well for Derby, a resale value.

Screenshot_20220705-193426_Samsung Internet.jpg

OK. I get that. And agree with you. But falsifying articles you quote to make your point isn't helpful.

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

@alramThere's little point asking how much we're paying the players we're signing, because no-one knows. We don't even have the details of the EFL restrictions and business plan. You're just whining into the abyss at this point. None of us know. None of us. No-one. None.

Sooner or later, rumours will start. If those rumours suggest we might be paying excessive wages, everyone can then write to our friend Trevor at the EFL and ask him if DCFC are adhering to the business plan, although it'll probably be pointless because (a) Mr Ploppy of Bristol will already have written to him and (b) the EFL will already have deducted points off us because if you imagine they won't be all over us like a rash, you're possibly on even stronger drugs than I am. 

I assume the Bristol forum will have a meltdown if Derby sign more players? Pages and pages of nonsense and bile on there....funny or disturbing can't work out which.

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

Our squad based on last seasons 4231 if the greens sign like reported. Shows we're short at left back and CDM.

Knight & Bielik in red as expect them to both leave.

Could maybe move Knight or Hourihane as CDM and Sibley to CAM. We still need a couple of players in the attacking areas.

Screenshot_20220705-215658_Samsung Notes.jpg

Edited by DCFC1388