New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

Please no John Terry. Don't care if he is good or not. It'll be our third celebrity appointment in recent years and his profile will again overshadow the club. I think Warnock is definitely retired this time so I don't think it'd happen but he'd actually be my no. 1 choice. Plenty of names being banded about though that'd be worth looking at. If we were a competitive Championship club Dyche would have been a great option, sadly we have to dial down expectations commensurate to our position so even actually Warnock may be a step too far.

If it is to be Rosenior, then if I was making the appointment, I'd insist on him appointing an experienced assistant.

I think that completely rebuilding a club like ours, from the position we are in, is an almost impossible job for somebody with so little experience in my opinion.

I've no doubt that he is a good coach but in our position we are going to need far more than good coaching especially when you consider that we don't even have a scouting department at the moment.

There's a lot to be said for continuity but whilst I'm sure he has the belief in his own ability, he will absolutely need some experienced help and guidance and, rather than imposing somebody on him that he may not bond with, I think he should be 'urged' to get somebody in that he trusts.

13 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Please no John Terry. Don't care if he is good or not. It'll be our third celebrity appointment in recent years and his profile will again overshadow the club. I think Warnock is definitely retired this time so I don't think it'd happen but he'd actually be my no. 1 choice. Plenty of names being banded about though that'd be worth looking at. If we were a competitive Championship club Dyche would have been a great option, sadly we have to dial down expectations commensurate to our position so even actually Warnock may be a step too far.

What will attract young/old talented players to our Club as we have to recognise we can't splash large amounts of cash?

Rosenior will probably get it as he is already on the payroll and it keeps costs down.

I never understood the reflected glory that some coaches get from being second in command. Jody Morris seemed to get a lot of love but when asked what he has done to show that he is a good coach, I'm not sure anyone could give a good answer as to why he is. I'd say the same with Rosenior. 

Picking a manager below the elite level is 90% luck and nobody does it consistently well. Might as well give Liam a go. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What will attract young/old talented players to our Club as we have to recognise we can't splash large amounts of cash?

Some don't seem to realise that. Yes the wage ceiling that will be imposed will be higher than the one that we have already had to work to but may not be the same as what other clubs in League 1 can offer.

7 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Rosenior will probably get it as he is already on the payroll and it keeps costs down.

I never understood the reflected glory that some coaches get from being second in command. Jody Morris seemed to get a lot of love but when asked what he has done to show that he is a good coach, I'm not sure anyone could give a good answer as to why he is. I'd say the same with Rosenior. 

Picking a manager below the elite level is 90% luck and nobody does it consistently well. Might as well give Liam a go. 

When they leave or are replaced it's often clearer what they have contributed.

The opportunity for someone to build their own team, even if it’s on a limited budget, is weirdly exciting given the circumstances and I think we’d do well to give that opportunity to Rosenior.

If Curtis thinks he should get the job, that’s enough for me.

If Hughton, Mowbray, Jody Morris or perennial candidate Steve McClaren got it, that would be fine.

Can’t understand calls for Clough, cannot stomach watching that blokes teams play away games again. Would bring in some good characters but awful tactically.

Think we’ve lost a good one in Rooney but speaking of bad away form, we were terrible last year. Best of luck to him but was shocked he was going to stay anyway.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

The opportunity for someone to build their own team, even if it’s on a limited budget, is weirdly exciting given the circumstances and I think we’d do well to give that opportunity to Rosenior.

If Curtis thinks he should get the job, that’s enough for me.

If Hughton, Mowbray, Jody Morris or perennial candidate Steve McClaren got it, that would be fine.

Can’t understand calls for Clough, cannot stomach watching that blokes teams play away games again. Would bring in some good characters but awful tactically.

Think we’ve lost a good one in Rooney but speaking of bad away form, we were terrible last year. Best of luck to him but was shocked he was going to stay anyway.

Agree with most of this, bar hughton or mcclaren. I've come around to Rosenior, deserves a chance, has been part of planning and may save so much time by slotting in.   Mowbray would be good too but said work life balance was an issue when left Blackburn, tho that could have been face saving.