Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Good luck to him - it is a milestone round our new financial neck removed on paper at least ( no idea what we actually owe Arsenal still) 

I still will never know why we signed him and risked so much money at a time when we knew how strapped for money we were and how it would impact our FFP over his contract.

He had some good games but nowhere near enough to justify the cost to us overall whilst we were in the EFL 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

OK, so the relationship didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped. You feel let down, possibly even betrayed. The other person in the relationship didn’t show the same commitment as you did but they’ve tried to end it with an element of good grace and now moved onto a new partner. Isn’t it time to stop being quite so bitter and in the words of Elsa - let it go? 😀

Nah, exactly. We often have unrealistic expectations of loyalty as fans because the club is something fundamental in our psyche. It's no great surprise that he doesn't exactly bleed black and white though is it ? He is a modern footballer from another country who played for DCFC for a bit and has now moved on because he had a more attractive offer and his National Manager has strongly hinted that he wanted to see him play at a higher level than the 3rd tier in England. 

He's been ravaged by injury and despite that has been given a 3 year contract by a club in a higher division so obviously he is going to take that. Good luck to him. No hard feelings or much in the way of feelings either way really. We'll always have the 96th minute..

1 minute ago, Alty_Ram said:

Nah, exactly. We often have unrealistic expectations of loyalty as fans because the club is something fundamental in our psyche. It's no great surprise that he doesn't exactly bleed black and white though is it ? He is a modern footballer from another country who played for DCFC for a bit and has now moved on because he had a more attractive offer and his National Manager has strongly hinted that he wanted to see him play at a higher level than the 3rd tier in England. 

He's been ravaged by injury and despite that has been given a 3 year contract by a club in a higher division so obviously he is going to take that. Good luck to him. No hard feelings or much in the way of feelings either way really. We'll always have the 96th minute..

Looking forward to seeing him take up their physio table all year, they have a crap season and then when we face them next year, we absolutely humiliate them.

But no hard feelings, obviously.

46 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Wrong. He had another year left on his Derby deal.

Also left before 1st July so misses out on a well sized annual bonus.

Edit: It's likely that he requested the move, so no loyalty bonus to pay either

Edited by Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Looking forward to seeing him take up their physio table all year, they have a crap season and then when we face them next year, we absolutely humiliate them.

And it's a gamble for them for sure. He's one heavy tackle away from a long layoff and on his wages we just needed him gone. Having a fully fit and firing Bielik in this side would be a huge deal, but with current ownership we are choosing to cut our cloth according to our situation and the Bieliks of this world just don't fit into that plan. It's just too much resource tied up in one player who would just leave for nothing next summer anyway. This was always going to happen and it was just a case of when and where. So, good... one loose end tied up.

As for the message itself, well I'm not sure what some fans expect him to say. If he says nothing then he looks like an ungrateful arse and if he is too gushing and badge kissy then he just looks insincere. I think he's ticked the 'respectful enough' box and there we go, job done. No problem, both parties move on.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Contract ends tomorrow.  Apparently sorted over the last couple of weeks.  (made sure he got every cent). No other serious offers.  He likes that he's at a club with no egos.  Oh the irony.  

I mean his contract didnt end tomorrow/today did it ? He had another year on his deal ....

11 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

And it's a gamble for them for sure. He's one heavy tackle away from a long layoff and on his wages we just needed him gone. Having a fully fit and firing Bielik in this side would be a huge deal, but with current ownership we are choosing to cut our cloth according to our situation and the Bieliks of this world just don't fit into that plan. It's just too much resource tied up in one player who would just leave for nothing next summer anyway. This was always going to happen and it was just a case of when and where. So, good... one loose end tied up.

As for the message itself, well I'm not sure what some fans expect him to say. If he says nothing then he looks like an ungrateful arse and if he is too gushing and badge kissy then he just looks insincere. I think he's ticked the 'respectful enough' box and there we go, job done. No problem, both parties move on.

Which is why they will have paid peanuts.  To be honest, I'd have taken a pound to get rid of the financial risk and to allow us to 'move on'.  Every penny is a win. 

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

I don't get this whole saying goodbye thing. We're not bothered. He's not bothered. What's the point? 

A Fozzy who's been here a decade yeah fair enough, a Knight or Bird who's come through the academy, OK, I get that... 

But some fella who barely played for us and jumped in our hour of need, nah, not necessary 

I’m bothered, my sons bothered, and I’m sure other Derby fans are bothered. Don't speak for me. He’s the best footballer we had, but sadly his wages was crippling us from mad Mel’s era. 

Im sure if he was on £8k-£10k a week he wouldn’t be going anywhere 

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’m bothered, my sons bothered, and I’m sure other Derby fans are bothered. Don't speak for me. He’s the best footballer we had, but sadly his wages was crippling us from mad Mel’s era. 

Im sure if he was on £8k-£10k a week he wouldn’t be going anywhere 

Generalisation about footballers as a whole, chill

58 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Ideally we’ll be playing in the division above them next season.

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Still think we need to use some of the Bielik money to secure a more mobile midfield option. The current choice are all good footballers but are generally slow and easy to bypass.

Positional sense and reading the game goes a long way, but yeah, pace is preferable all over the pitch.

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

Positional sense and reading the game goes a long way, but yeah, pace is preferable all over the pitch.

That’s the thing though. Because they know they lack pace, they sit deep, which doesn’t help the attack.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Still think we need to use some of the Bielik money to secure a more mobile midfield option. The current choice are all good footballers but are generally slow and easy to bypass.

Yes and totally lightweight too which is a worry in this division.  Can't help feeling a bit disappointed by Warnes update yesterday.  Guess we are less than halfway through the number of players coming in so need to be patient and assess when it's finished.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree Smoggy….you done the honourable thing yet 😉

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

That’s the thing though. Because they know they lack pace, they sit deep, which doesn’t help the attack.

It can help in the sense of breaking up an attack and countering it, but as i said, yeah, pace is preferable and when it comes to central midfield, i prefer a decent tackler as well.