Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

11 minutes ago, JfR said:

Just wondering, who did Forest keep out of the playoffs the year they went up? Asking for a certain curly haired frie- er, acquai-... lets call him a "currently tolerated enemy".

I'm sure the tinderbox that is the teeside freeport will be commisioning extra fire extinguishers around about the same time the letter gets sent.

So they got promoted from The Championship by cheating and stayed in the Premier League by cheating?

This must be highly embarrassing for their fans who couldn't wait to accuse our club (despite having no understanding of the facts of our case).

I'll be honest and admit I don't want them getting a points deduction.

I said during our case that football should be decided on a pitch and not in boardrooms and its a stance that I maintain. 

Not sure how accurate this is but I was discussing the Forest FFP stuff with a mate, he seems to think it's because they didn't sell Johnson in the right FFP period for it to mitigate their spending, but Forest will argue that by waiting they got more money for Johnson and this somehow makes it ok.

I might be miles off, and we saw plenty of bad takes from ill informed fans or other clubs about our FFP woes, but if that's their defense then they are idiots. They failed an FFP period. Simple as that.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure how accurate this is but I was discussing the Forest FFP stuff with a mate, he seems to think it's because they didn't sell Johnson in the right FFP period for it to mitigate their spending, but Forest will argue that by waiting they got more money for Johnson and this somehow makes it ok.

I might be miles off, and we saw plenty of bad takes from ill informed fans or other clubs about our FFP woes, but if that's their defense then they are idiots. They failed an FFP period. Simple as that.

That seems to be the defence that people reporting on this are expecting, if they are charged of course, and I guess is the reason they have hired Di Marco.

Seems akin to Sheff Wed trying to include the sale of their ground in the accounts before it had happened, so there is already a precedent set for this, although of course that was overseen by the EFL rather than the Premier League.

My guess is that this will end with a points deduction as a warning to anyone who thinks that the Premier League is a place where you should be allowed to compete with the 'Big 6'.

Rules are rules and if we’re in breach of them, that’s on us. That’s a failure in ownership, and let’s be honest, an hugely inconsistent approach to signings. 

I’ll argue until I’m blue in the face that we needed to make huge amounts of transfers to try and stay up, but some of them were just indefensible. Players who’ve barely played or otherwise wasn’t adequately vetted before signing them. 

Expecting them to chuck the book at us. I would argue it feels incredibly unfair given they’ll no doubt look the other way for the likes of Man City and Chelsea, but comparing our cases won’t help. On us to argue our case yet try to stay up whatever the outcome. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Rules are rules and if we’re in breach of them, that’s on us. That’s a failure in ownership, and let’s be honest, an hugely inconsistent approach to signings. 

I’ll argue until I’m blue in the face that we needed to make huge amounts of transfers to try and stay up, but some of them were just indefensible. Players who’ve barely played or otherwise wasn’t adequately vetted before signing them. 

Expecting them to chuck the book at us. I would argue it feels incredibly unfair given they’ll no doubt look the other way for the likes of Man City and Chelsea, but comparing our cases won’t help. On us to argue our case yet try to stay up whatever the outcome. 

Until teams like Man Shitty and Chelsea are hit with the same rules it will always be unfair 😞

Couple of comments that Man City aren’t being treated the same. Haven’t they been charged with over 100 offences? I’m no expert on any of this, so might be completely different but they do seem to be going after City at least. Probably too any charges actually so will take too much time to sort out.

Anyway, back on topic……

John Goodman Lol GIF by Roseanne