Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

The recruitment there was going to cause an issue, that many players for that much money when you can only register 25 in your Premier League squad was always going to cause trouble. It's the managers job to sort it even if they didnt do the buying.

I think the Espirito Santo isnt likely to to set the world on fire ... or even a family run bakery for that matter, but the current bottom three do not inspire me either, and I dont think those 3 will strengthen too much in January (wont mortgage future for a long shot at staying up).

Still a nice implosion and if we get the chance to play them twice in the league next year will suit me fine.

Oh man I know what their next banner thing will be: Brian, Nigel and Nuno. The father, son and the holy ghost!

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Oh man I know what their next banner thing will be: Brian, Nigel and Nuno. The father, son and the holy ghost!

No, that's too clever. If they get one of those out, it'll be because they nicked it from your post.

Find it strange that nothing on the official site about his departure..?

I’m sorry for Red Dawn, it’s his club end of the day and contributes on the forum respectfully, so I’ll spare a thought.

A shame when the fans have such a strong connection with the manager and they leave. When was the last time that happened to us?

Jim Smith??

So they have a manager who, despite having spent hundreds of millions, has them in a relegation battle and their fans are upset.

We have a manager who, despite not having spent a single penny, has us in the play offs and out fans want to get rid of him.

Is there something in the water in these parts?

On paper, Cooper did an amazing job of getting them promoted, keeping them up ahead of 3 more established clubs and then keeping them up again in their 2nd season.

But it’s similar to Chris Hughton at Brighton. Cooper is at his limit. And Forest’s owner will feel they can push on with more funding under a better manager.

Cooper would have taken Forest down. Not this season. But probably next year as Leicester will almost certainly be fine while Leeds or Southampton would spend again on top of decent squads.

If Forest are to change manager, now is the best time to do it. They won’t go down because the bottom 3 are useless and a new manager has the next 9 months to get them playing a better, more progressive brand of football.

I can see why Forest supporters are upset but that’s out of blind loyalty for a guy who has taken them back to the PL and kept them there. That blind loyalty is overlooking the fact they play crap football and relegation is inevitable if they stick with Cooper.

Nigel Adkins suffered a similar fate at Southampton. There are better out there than Cooper and the PL is the place all the best managers want to be.

Nuno is a step up.

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

On paper, Cooper did an amazing job of getting them promoted, keeping them up ahead of 3 more established clubs and then keeping them up again in their 2nd season.

But it’s similar to Chris Hughton at Brighton. Cooper is at his limit. And Forest’s owner will feel they can push on with more funding under a better manager.

Cooper would have taken Forest down. Not this season. But probably next year as Leicester will almost certainly be fine while Leeds or Southampton would spend again on top of decent squads.

If Forest are to change manager, now is the best time to do it. They won’t go down because the bottom 3 are useless and a new manager has the next 9 months to get them playing a better, more progressive brand of football.

I can see why Forest supporters are upset but that’s out of blind loyalty for a guy who has taken them back to the PL and kept them there. That blind loyalty is overlooking the fact they play crap football and relegation is inevitable if they stick with Cooper.

Nigel Adkins suffered a similar fate at Southampton. There are better out there than Cooper and the PL is the place all the best managers want to be.

Nuno is a step up.

I was kind of with you until the last line. I don't think Nuno is much use.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nuno is a step up.

I think it’s a case of he’s a better fit, wolves had the same model and he did well there. 

regardless, it’s a free hit this season, the bottom 3 are a joke. 

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Actually, I was talking to some friends earlier and, no exaggeration, it's like everyone you have ever known, all your friends, all your family, all your colleagues, all your neighbours, everyone....it's like they have been locked inside a bakery before it was set on fire.

And you are right there with the key, metres from the door. But your feet are set in concrete and you can't do anything to help expect watch all their faces melt off.

To be fair, probably worth crying about. Copper was probably the only thing helping them avoid folding as a club. How long they got now? 2 years before admin? Maybe time their fans start protesting about their gangster owner? Or perhaps that should have started when he first got involved.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I was kind of with you until the last line. I don't think Nuno is much use.

Nuno’s record at Wolves is similar to De Zerbi’s at Brighton. Just the football was largely dull.

His record at Spurs wasn’t great but then again he couldn’t win in that job as he was about 5th choice and that was known. The fans never wanted him from the start which is never a good sign.

He has reached greater heights than Cooper and showed more potential.

I think Forest will improve unfortunately. 

In a weird analogy, Cooper is probably like that ‘childhood sweetheart’ you get with in Year 11, one of the nicest girls in your year. You think she’s a 9/10, you stick with her during six form and then you separate when adults. You are distraught because you think she is the one.

But in reality, she as a mid 20s adult is now actually just a 6/10, bang average in bed and she has a bland personality. You just think it’s amazing because it’s all you’ve ever known and you’ve yet to experience an Italian bombshell like De Zerbi.

Nuno is a 7/10. A step up. You just don’t want to admit it and step outside your comfort zone.

Forest following a similar trend to Leeds here (only Leeds played better football). They twisted and got rid of Bielsa, probably wrong decision. 

Forest will be fine this season, but next season will be tougher with the three coming up. 

Personally I hope this is the return of the Maranakis revolving door for Managers. Nuno to the end of the season, Glasner until October, Jesse Marsch until March by which time they’re adrift of Safety which means the inevitable call to Big Sam who then everyone realises is a busted flush, relegation, Big Sam sacked with 2 games to go, before Sabri Lamouchi is welcomed back like an old friend for the rebuild.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Genuinely taken on Wilkinson Street in Nottingham 2 hours ago, Steve says his goodbyes.

IMG-20231219-WA0000.thumb.jpg.99db8d6ca9ea50329e9d39b0cbf10e09.jpg

Respect to a fellow Hotpotter. I was only listening to their first Christmas album the other day.

Back to the topic, I work in Notts with a few Forest fans who are absolutely gutted *smirks*. The consensus is that appointing Nuno could either go really well or backfire spectacularly. He's got to hit the ground running or the locals will very quickly get on his back.