Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

2 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

Could be a great signing for them seeing as they didn't have to pay a transfer fee.

At least they're buying a few players in an attempt to be competitive, can't knock them for trying.

They'll have almost certainly stumped up a huge signing on bonus for him though - and as West Ham were alledgedly talking about £150K per week (and possbly a longer contract), I think the lowball (relative!) wage agreements being quoted may be wide of the mark.

Great signing if (BIG IF!) they get the West Ham version rather than the mardy, petulant, can't be bothered version that's been on show too often in his career - and if signing him on such huge wages doesn't destroy moral in the rest of their squad....

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

They'll have almost certainly stumped up a huge signing on bonus for him though - and as West Ham were alledgedly talking about £150K per week (and possbly a longer contract), I think the lowball (relative!) wage agreements being quoted may be wide of the mark.

Great signing if (BIG IF!) they get the West Ham version rather than the mardy, petulant, can't be bothered version that's been on show too often in his career - and if signing him on such huge wages doesn't destroy moral in the rest of their squad....

Worth a punt on a 1 year contract though!

5 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

Could be a great signing for them seeing as they didn't have to pay a transfer fee.

At least they're buying a few players in an attempt to be competitive, can't knock them for trying.

Tbf I’d see it this way too. I’m more surprised that Jesse ended up at Forest, as I’d have thought he’d end up with Moyes at West Ham once out of contract.

Maybe he was considered too old, for too much money. No sour grapes in saying this but some of his social media stuff has always made me think he’s an immature teenager, what’s surprising is at 30 I’d still say the same.

One thing though, if his wages are accurate, he’s got a good agent.

6 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

Transfer fees are the first people criticize, but it’s often the hidden costs which are more damaging.

Happens everywhere with clubs willing to pay obscene wages for a ‘free transfer’ because they feel they are merely compensating for a transfer fee.

Look at Juventus. Signed Aaron Ramsey on a ‘free’ but paid him £350k a week and a chunky signing-on-fee. Over the past 3 years they have spent some £50m on him and he’s contributed next-to-nothing. Now they can’t even sell him for free because nobody will take on his wages.

You can waste money on transfer fees (if player has a re-sale value), but it’s the wages that ultimately cripple a club. 

This Lingard deal is awful, even if it is for one year only. He has no resale value. They’re effectively throwing £10m on a mediocre loan player.

Edited by Bris Vegas

So social media star and potential prospect Lingard (29) is a Notts player, think the impact of this on their squad will be interesting.

A star player on high wages, who you look at in training and can see the quality and hard work I'd imagine could be inspiring for players seeing the Premier for the first time, regardless of wage differential. Some numpty who spends more effort on dance moves than training might just breed resentment for a massive wage gap - especially once the macarena comes out when he gets the consolation goal in a 5-1 thrashing by Palace in which he twice let Ebiowei wander past him whilst he was throwing the jlingz symbol to a passing camera.

I wonder which one he will be? (I know what I'm hoping for)

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Is this the first time the word "moral" has been used in a notts forest thread?

D'ya know what... I suspect it may well be!

?

11 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'm praying that he actually chooses to wear "JLingz" on the back of his kit. Might be even worse than when Tyrone Mears was swanning about with "Tye" on the back of his shirt.

Which name does you prefer? Oh dear me. Yes he’ll fit right in with the supporters

30 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'm praying that he actually chooses to wear "JLingz" on the back of his kit. Might be even worse than when Tyrone Mears was swanning about with "Tye" on the back of his shirt.

Give it a few months Jesse and you’ll be playing in that kind of atmosphere - when the plastic trees have all gone because the team is odds on for relegation!

8 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I think you should go for c*** womble that would be most appropriate. 

Would cost more in printing costs, though.
Now I come to think of it, maybe they're letting him do this so they don't waste all those Zs they bought when Zinckernagel was there.

I would so love this to all blow up in the red dogs faces. Not because of our rivalry or because I’m salty they’re in the premier league. It’s the b******* and b******* they come out with, the arrogance and the hubris.

They honestly believe they’re massive, talking top 10, building for European football getting back to where they “belong”. They’ve been out the premier league for 23 years! They’re a bottom 6 premier league club at best they might get a season in the top 10. That’s it. They won 2 European cups when god was a lad, take Clough out the way they would be completely irrelevant, remove Clough from our history we’d still have one more league title than them. But we’re no bigger than them and they’re no bigger than us. But we know who we are and know our place, their delusion is unparalleled. 

I wouldn’t like them if I’d lived all my life outside the East Midlands and had no connection with any club here. They deserve to get relegated just for thinking they’re way bigger than they are although their delusion is hilarious.