Who is looking forward to league one

B4ev6is

Definitely more travelling this season, around 5,400 miles round trips for me plus whoever comes up from league two. Then Possibly FA cup, league cup and PJ trophy .

I managed to do every game home and away last season,

home games including championship cup games and friendlies 1,040 miles 

away games including championship cup games and friendlies 5,268

total miles 6,308.

I enjoyed last season especially the away games although it was hard at times , the camaraderie from our fans  kept my spirits up, best summed up by Vinnie as big Chris, it’s been emotional.

56 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I hope we can get everything over the line and start the season in full swing. A good away fixture where we sell out and let the league know we are here and we mean business. May be Bolton would be a good ground with a good capacity. 

First away game of the season July/ early August I would rather have a seaside fixture, Morecambe, Fleetwood ,Plymouth or Portsmouth would do.

Ask me this when the takeover has gone through and the club is able to sign players to contracts. That will dictate how able we are to compete and win games next season!

Assuming we manage to scrape a team together, and one that Wayne is happy with, I’m looking forward to a different sort of season!

No looking forward to it one bit. League one can be a graveyard for former premier league teams.

It is good to see some fans think we can win the league already that will not pee off other clubs one bit.

We have five contracted players, a manager who has never managed or played at this level before, we are not an attractive club to come to due to massive uncertainty.

I think in our current predicament we would be blessed to make the play offs next season.

Edited by Warwick Ram

Positives for next season.

1. Hopefully cheaper tickets.

2. More games on Saturdays with 3pm kick off.

3. International breaks we will still play. I hate those breaks.

4. World cup break we will still play.

5. Hopefully start on 0 points like everyone else.

6. In this division you are allowed to have standing areas, so then we could have safe standing in the south stand and maybe the east lower and call it the popular side terrace.

7. More games.

8. Someone in charge who will run the club properly and not get us into trouble.

2 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Positives for next season.

1. Hopefully cheaper tickets.

2. More games on Saturdays with 3pm kick off.

3. International breaks we will still play. I hate those breaks.

4. World cup break we will still play.

5. Hopefully start on 0 points like everyone else.

6. In this division you are allowed to have standing areas, so then we could have safe standing in the south stand and maybe the east lower and call it the popular side terrace.

7. More games.

8. Someone in charge who will run the club properly and not get us into trouble.

Really looking forward to 2,3 & 4 ??

If we get taken over soon, start next season on 0 points & keep the bulk of the squad we have a good chance of being top 6. In theory our current squad is good enough for 15th in the Champ so should be top end League 1 for sure.

So will be interesting to see who stays & who we bring in to strengthen.

The only unknown is the league itself, how quickly can the players & management adapt to it.

I'm looking forward to next season. I don't think anyone is getting ahead of themselves, it'll be heavy going with every team wanting to get one over on us. I'm more looking forward to resetting the club and rebuilding. If it takes us a few years to get out of the league, so be it. As long as a) there's a club b) we set a culture across the whole club akin to this season c) we get back to focusing on the football.

I think (hope) it'll be a fun ride.

The only silver lining for me is I might get to more games than I have for a long time

As someone who lives between Forest Green and Cheltenham Town

Factor in Bristol Rovers, Oxford, pretty handy. Shrewsbury, Exeter and Wycombe a bit further but not a bad trip

Possibly Swindon too

I am aiming for 5/6 but a bit worried reading this thread about what is being said about allocations and small grounds  

44 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

The only silver lining for me is I might get to more games than I have for a long time

As someone who lives between Forest Green and Cheltenham Town

Factor in Bristol Rovers, Oxford, pretty handy. Shrewsbury, Exeter and Wycombe a bit further but not a bad trip

Possibly Swindon too

I am aiming for 5/6 but a bit worried reading this thread about what is being said about allocations and small grounds  

Same for me, although I'm based in the NW, so hoping to get to Fleetwood, Morcambe, Accrington, Bolton, Shrewsbury and hopefully Port Vale. Agreed that getting a ticket will be hard at some of these grounds, but hopefully membership will help.

Oxford as its a 15 min drive from my house to the Kassam.

Also weirdly excited about the PJ trophey. It's been 50 years since we have lifted something. If we somehow managed to win and get promoted, the good will/support for the club would rival this season.

Unsure if that makes me an incredibly sad individual given we were talking premier league 3 years ago but I'm happy be in division 1 and having fun knowing we still exist.

20 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

No looking forward to it one bit. League one can be a graveyard for former premier league teams.

It is good to see some fans think we can win the league already that will not pee off other clubs one bit.

We have five contracted players, a manager who has never managed or played at this level before, we are not an attractive club to come to due to massive uncertainty.

I think in our current predicament we would be blessed to make the play offs next season.

You can still be looking forward to next season without thinking we are going to win the league. If you only enjoy it when we win the league or get promoted you are going to spend the vast majority of the time disappointed. I think many of us managed to enjoy this season just finished even though we got relegated.