Who is looking forward to league one

B4ev6is

21 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Just watched the play-off high lights, Port Vale played some good football. We will be in for some difficult games, if the teams already in league one put in similar performances.

I always have a sense that L1 isn’t vastly different from the championship. The exceptions being .. no prem rich parachute clubs with the occasional superstar that turns a game too regularly. And… a lack of consistency. Players have world beating games but can’t seem to repeat it week in week out. That and a bit bit of polish up front. After that there isn’t much in it in terms of quality. It is a test of any teams metal. It’s sport, it’s a competition. We are in it and I’m looking forward to it without an ounce of snobbery or entitlement. Just want exciting play with a decent amount of skill. If we can get to 20k crowds and the atmosphere that brings, I am a happy bunny. 

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am hoping get bit of look at him but we need get him tied down as well.

Yes B4 ! I thought he looked useful at the end of last season. Didn’t get much service but his positioning and instinct were good. He wasn’t afraid to make runs/do the work. If he can develop at the rate that Bird, Knight and Tommo did then he could be more than useful. ???

I’m feeling really positive about next season now the takeover is looking like it will get done. A real chance to build on the positive momentum of last season. There is no reason why we can’t be competitive. I’m expecting us to be competing for top 6 as a minimum. We can make pride park a fortress again and I think we will, it will be the away form that determines whether we’ll be top 6 (or better), or fall short. 

No one is kidding themselves it will be easy but if we can harness the spirit of this season then anything is possible. Support and backing of the team even when it isn’t going well is vital.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m feeling really positive about next season now the takeover is looking like it will get done. A real chance to build on the positive momentum of last season. There is no reason why we can’t be competitive. I’m expecting us to be competing for top 6 as a minimum. We can make pride park a fortress again and I think we will, it will be the away form that determines whether we’ll be top 6 (or better), or fall short. 

No one is kidding themselves it will be easy but if we can harness the spirit of this season then anything is possible. Support and backing of the team even when it isn’t going well is vital.

Let’s hope we can turn around our away form…

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Good idea. Let us know what you find out. I imagine it will be overwhelmingly negative. 

I’m not sure it will be that negative for Sheffield Wednesday. They haven’t been down there long enough (yet).

Although they fell short at the penultimate hurdle, I imagine many enjoyed the journey to reaching the play offs and might be looking forward to next season with confidence.

44 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let’s hope we can turn around our away form…

That’s the big unknown. Safe to say it will be more agricultural football, something this team hasn’t always dealt with. All about the squad he can build.

Rooney’s done a great job but this will be a real test of him next season, expectation will rightly increase can he solve the problems like our goal scoring to get us challenging.