Who is looking forward to league one

B4ev6is

21 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Even away members with a 100% away record are going to miss out at some of the smaller grounds. Just a fact of life folk will have to accept.

Utter nonsense, who’s going to get the tickets then.

If we end up playing in the Vanarama Shower Curtains League Two (South) it won't be a huge issue for me. Indeed, it wil be an adventure that no other club has ever been on. I guarantee you it will be the footballing journey of a lifetime scrapping our way through the divisions, infinitely much more fun than turning up at the Etihad considering it a moral victory you got to half time only one down.

Edit: Actually, it will, we have to be in the Vanarama Shower Curtains League Two (North). Just has to be.

Edited by BaaLocks

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

If we end up playing in the Vanarama Shower Curtains League Two (South) it won't be a huge issue for me. Indeed, it wil be an adventure that no other club has ever been on. I guarantee you it will be the footballing journey of a lifetime scrapping our way through the divisions, infinitely much more fun than turning up at the Etihad considering it a moral victory you got to half time only one down.

Edit: Actually, it will, we have to be in the Vanarama Shower Curtains League Two (North). Just has to be.

it will be in the Vanarama Shower Curtain Rings League Two (North).

Looking forward to it. 

I’ve got a mate who’s a Wednesday fan and said despite not going up he’d enjoyed at least being at the right end of the table and winning plenty of matches. They’ve averaged 2500 away from home so obviously plenty of opportunities for away tickets despite some smaller allocations.

I suspect we will now become ‘the scalp’ for many teams like Sunderland & Wednesday have been in the last few seasons, which could make it trickier if teams up their game when they play us.

I'm a Suffolk based Ram and have been to about 7 or 8 Ipswich games with my lad this season and the atmosphere at Portman Rd has been the best it's been in years!!! 

They've had an American takeover who's pumped in money to invest in the squad, and a new young coach/manager, Mckenna from Man United whos highly thought of. 

The attendances were up in the mid 20Ks all season and there was a real feel good factor in the games I attended. 28k vs Sunderland just before Christmas when Covid was more of an issue.

There's a group of fans (ultras) who have sat in a section in the Bobby Robson (North Stand) and created various banners and displays as well as making good noise throughout that has really helped the rest of the stadium get a spring in their step too. 

Hopefully we'll be on that same path to recovery soon. ??

11 hours ago, BuxtonRam74 said:

Looking forward to it. 

I’ve got a mate who’s a Wednesday fan and said despite not going up he’d enjoyed at least being at the right end of the table and winning plenty of matches. They’ve averaged 2500 away from home so obviously plenty of opportunities for away tickets despite some smaller allocations.

I suspect we will now become ‘the scalp’ for many teams like Sunderland & Wednesday have been in the last few seasons, which could make it trickier if teams up their game when they play us.

That average is skewed slightly by large capacities at Bolton 5,000 Mk dons 8,000 Oxford 5,000and Charlton 3,000.FG rovers, Cheltenham, Lincoln, Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers are all less than 1,500.

Whose looking forward to League one, Well I hope Chris Kirchner is, along with Wayne and most of our squad that stated they wanted to stay. On top of that, I am, with living in Plymouth there will be a few nearby away games I want to attend.  Plymouth (Home Park) is 5 mins walk from my house. Exeter City would take me about 1 hour 20 min on a train and that's taking me to Exeter St James railway station which is approx 50 metres from the ground. Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Ground (been there before in a pre-season friendly) would take me just under 2 hours drive. Hoping Swindon win the League two play-offs, they have a 15,000+ stadium which I can get to in around 2hrs 40 mins. Can do Portsmouth in about 3hrs 30 mins by car. Might struggle to get a ticket for Forest Green Rovers, they have a tiny stadium that only holds just over 5,000.

I can see the Rams making the opposition stadiums their biggest gate of the season.

I’m really looking forward to league one now, this takeover gets done, Rooney stays, players stay we’ve got some serious momentum to take into next season and we will be competitive. So will Ipswich, so will Sheff Weds, so will MK Dons, Sunderland if they stay down and expect Peterborough and Barnsley to also challenge. But hopefully we will be pushing at the right end of the league.

You’re totally underestimating the quality or the threat of Oxford, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bolton….not to mention Charlton who will have a good budget. 

League 1 is a very tough league….lots of games and an added cup completion to stretch the squads.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

26 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

You’re totally underestimating the quality or the threat of Oxford, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bolton….not to mention Charlton who will have a good budget. 

League 1 is a very tough league….lots of games and an added cup completion to stretch the squads.

do we have to join the FA cup in an earlier round as well?

On 16/05/2022 at 13:43, EnigmaRam said:

What’s not to look forward to? It’s Derby, it’s our team, they’re playing football. Doesn’t matter who they’re playing, it’s about watching and supporting our team

Hopefully will get to more away games and I can’t wait!

This. I'll be more relieved than excited when the EFL confirm our place in L1 for the season, doubly so if we have no further points deductions or excessively restricting sanctions (we're bound to be closely monitored under the business plan). 

If we manage to pull together a half decent squad by the end of the transfer window, and are sitting comfortably in mid-table after a dozen or so games, I'll perhaps start to imagine where the season might go more positively. 

Just having a team to watch and support will feel like success.