Who is looking forward to league one

B4ev6is

13 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Whose looking forward to League one, Well I hope Chris Kirchner is, along with Wayne and most of our squad that stated they wanted to stay. On top of that, I am, with living in Plymouth there will be a few nearby away games I want to attend.  Plymouth (Home Park) is 5 mins walk from my house. Exeter City would take me about 1 hour 20 min on a train and that's taking me to Exeter St James railway station which is approx 50 metres from the ground. Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Ground (been there before in a pre-season friendly) would take me just under 2 hours drive. Hoping Swindon win the League two play-offs, they have a 15,000+ stadium which I can get to in around 2hrs 40 mins. Can do Portsmouth in about 3hrs 30 mins by car. Might struggle to get a ticket for Forest Green Rovers, they have a tiny stadium that only holds just over 5,000.

I can see the Rams making the opposition stadiums their biggest gate of the season.

The away capacity for Forest green is similar to Exeter and Bristol Rovers although for next season Bristol are possibly giving the whole of the South stand to away supporters when required.

Just now, Foreveram said:

The away capacity for Forest green is similar to Exeter and Bristol Rovers although for next season Bristol are possibly giving the whole of the South stand to away supporters when required.

Yes, it was given to Northampton when we were there. Plus the little stand opposite the main stand.

They could also give us the uncovered terrace in the corner of this pic. Very hard to see but it's the best I've got.

IMG_20211113_143415.jpg

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, it was given to Northampton when we were there. Plus the little stand opposite the main stand.

They could also give us the uncovered terrace in the corner of this pic. Very hard to see but it's the best I've got.

IMG_20211113_143415.jpg

It's a wide perimeter.....bring a picnic rug and sit on the grass.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

IMG_20211113_143415.jpg

I think with our support I think might just have to do that now.

We are actually officially the best team to have ever been relegated to League One.

I don’t mean that in an arrogant way. This team, in a season with deductions, would have finished on 55 points (I’d say more as we checked out against Bristol City and Cardiff), and we would have finished in 17th place, above seven other teams.

People look at how Ipswich, Charlton, Bolton and Sunderland have struggled down there. Yes, but they got relegated with far less points and therefore a worse team.

I don’t think many of League One’s current top eight would finish above 17th in the Championship. Therefore our current team is better (or has more quality) than every other League One side right now.

A lot can happen over the summer. But if we keep this squad and improve it, we have to be looking at automatic promotion.

On 18/05/2022 at 21:56, Bris Vegas said:

We are actually officially the best team to have ever been relegated to League One.

I don’t mean that in an arrogant way. This team, in a season with deductions, would have finished on 55 points (I’d say more as we checked out against Bristol City and Cardiff), and we would have finished in 17th place, above seven other teams.

People look at how Ipswich, Charlton, Bolton and Sunderland have struggled down there. Yes, but they got relegated with far less points and therefore a worse team.

I don’t think many of League One’s current top eight would finish above 17th in the Championship. Therefore our current team is better (or has more quality) than every other League One side right now.

A lot can happen over the summer. But if we keep this squad and improve it, we have to be looking at automatic promotion.

Champions please

I know over the moon about latest news my mum already told me to carm down I already said no cant I am looking forward to what future brings and what are players are staying but also players coming in and looking to pamper John's troupy with something we can win. And brand new adventure.

Future bright and back and white.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

How are you guys feeling

Love your positivity B4.  I’m looking forward to next season.  Personally, I think football’s more honest the lower down you go.  By that I mean less about the money, razzmatazz and all that.  It’s why we all follow the game.

League 1 will be 3 ‘o clock on a Saturday afternoon, no messing about for Sky TV.  I’m looking forward to some different teams, different grounds, the 1st round of the FA Cup, no international breaks and even the Papa John’s trophy - a cup’s a cup and we should try to win it.

The last couple of days have been great with CK’s tweets about the progress made and a huge relief to many of us, not least yourself.  We’re at the end of this long road but through adversity it’s brought us all together.  Let’s keep that mentality and spirit next year cos we really can be the 12th man ?!!

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Pamper John’s Troupy sounds a bit like Pamper John has had a few too many but never mind. I’m not really looking forward to it. I think it’s unwanted matches play the youth team.

I think a great chance to lift a cup and I think you will find youth and experance players playing in it. As I understand that competition format if saying those lot down A52 decide to enter there under 21 in the competition we could get drawn in the same group if at city ground or pp it would be a sell out for that reason alone.

Really looking forward to it. The names we play change a little but the game and Saturday afternoons  remain the same. Going to be so good not staring at a table with us 10 points behind. When a win is a win not a desperate breath of air while being water boarded. 

I am praying that we keep enough of our youngsters, those unbroken warriors who kept fighting for so long and seeing some new faces and heroes in the making. Bring it on 

22 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Pamper John’s Troupy sounds a bit like Pamper John has had a few too many but never mind. I’m not really looking forward to it. I think it’s unwanted matches play the youth team.

I think it’s a chance at a Wembley trip and a cup. Let’s start a winning mentality, start with Papa John’s, then   league one title, then championship playoffs.