My Teams

CBRammette

Grandads team - don’t know, only met him once but living in Derby I’ll go with the  Rams.

Dads team - sent over here as a kid so ended up playing for and supporting  Geelong (Aussie Rules). Western Suburbs Brisbane (rugby league).

Mums team - whoever I was playing for or managing.

Everyone at school - being a army brat too many schools around Oz to mention but here in Brisbane, Western Suburbs Panthers (rugby league)

Your local side - Samford Stags (rugby league) Samford Rangers (“soccer”)

Your kids team - Melbourne Storm, Canberra Raiders (rugby league)

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

My Father was born on Joseph Street 6-7 min walk to the BBG, This had nothing to do with me spending 56 years supporting DCFC.

It was one Saturday afternoon as a 10 year old living in Chadd, I walked to Derby town centre to watch the market traders on Cockpit Hill, There were loads of people walking up traffic street so I decided to follow, Not knowing where this was going to end up.

Eventually reaching Shaftsbury Street and seeing the BBG, I'd heard of Derby County from my Dad, But nowt special that I can remember, I hadn't enough money to pay to get in as most was spent on tuffies, So played with the local kids, Around 4-30pm the gates opened and all us kids went in, Wow never seen such a thing in my short life 1000s of people and a sound of people all talking at the same time.

I was hooked, The next season I went to around 10 games, Gradually going more and more as the years went by and I got older, I can look back on my time watching the Rams with love, Hate, Humour, Loyalty, Friendship and a Divorce ?, Now life has changed for me this last 2 years, The truly shocking state our club finds it self in, The state of football in general today, How MONEY is the be all and end all for some in the game today.

COYRs ?

Grandad’s Team..Never knew my Dads Dad, Mums Dad Joseph was Austrian his Son Herbert Grohs played pro football for 1st Vienna and Austria in the mid 50s

- Dad’s Team...Derby County
- Mum’s Team...1st Vienna

- Everyone at your school's Team...not known

- Your local Team now...Belper Town

- Your kids Team(s)...Derby County

Love this story and use of the word “tuffies” which is a word I haven’t heard for years but brought a smile to my face. There’s a book to be written with contributions from us fans entitled “The day I became a Ram…”. 

Grandad's team: Partick Thistle

Dad's team: Man United

Mum's team: She doesn't follow football that closely, but it would be Derby

Everyone at school: Mostly Derby if I remember correctly, but there was of course a few Uniteds/Liverpools as well

Local team: Technically Belper Town, but I only moved to Belper from Derby last year

Kids' team: N/A

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Grandad’s Team - My mum’s dad wasn’t interested in football (he was Welsh though ?). Never knew my dad’s dad.
- Dad’s Team - Villa
- Mum’s Team - West Brom

- Everyone at your school's Team - We moved from West Bromwich to near Ashby DLZ when I was 15 so, first school was West Brom, second would have been Leicester or Derby

- Your local Team now - Tamworth

- Your kids Team(s) - One daughter not interested in football (although she came with me to Portsmouth and Leeds but mainly just for the day out). The other daughter is Man Utd (she does live near Manchester though and went to Uni there so, I’ll forgive her).

I should have added, my youngest daughter (with no interest in football) may a closet Rams fan as she named one of her cats Hector. The cats sister she named Cassandra and my daughter claims to have named them after the brother and sister from Greek mythology but, I’m sticking to my theory ?

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Grandad's: Leeds

Dad's: Not arsed about football

Mum's: Was Leeds, now Derby (horrific, I know)

Everyone at school: Mixture of big clubs and a bit of Burton Albion

Local team: Man United/City. Was Burton Albion.

Kid's team: Bloody hope there isn't one!

It would have been horrific the other way around.

At least she saw the light

13 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I always like the threads where forum members tell us how they got to be Derby fans. Have enjoyed following the Sport Bible thread on Twitter this week so thought we could waste some time with it on here as we're waiting (again). Added a couple as have taken out Your team which is a bit obvious

What is your...

- Grandad’s Team
- Dad’s Team
- Mum’s Team

- Everyone at your school's Team

- Your local Team now

- Your kids Team(s)

- Grandad’s Team - no idea, died when I was 7 but barely knew him
- Dad’s Team - Sheffield Wednesday
- Mum’s Team - Mum not into football.

- Everyone at your school's Team - Which school? Infant School? Junior School? Senior School? Senior school probably Saints and Pompey, Junior School probably Luton or Arsenal, don't remember

- Your local Team now - Derby

- Your kids Team(s) - Eldest likes Villa, youngest doesn't like football.

- Grandad’s Team - Derby
- Dad’s Team - Derby
- Mum’s Team - Watched Derby through the 70's with Dad but not too fussed

- Everyone at your school's Team - From when i can really remember it would be Manchester City or Manchester United

- Your local Team now - Macclesfield Town

- Your kids Team(s) - Manchester City with a soft spot for Derby

14 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Grandads team - Yeovil Town on fathers side, Derby on mothers

Dads team - originally Yeovil, but Derby since mid-60s

Mum's team - Derby since birth (father was a member of the boot room team) 

Everyone at school - seemed to be split Liverpool/man utd

Local team - Eastleigh, or in the league Southampton 

Kids team - claims not to like football but has been to a few rams away games with me. 

Good survey ?

Jeez, I went to 6th form in Eastleigh, Barton Peverell

- Grandad’s Team - Died before I was born but Derby would be my guess
- Dad’s Team - Derby
- Mum’s Team - Derby

- Everyone at your school's Team - Probably Man Utd back then. At my daughter's school now it's Forest

- Your local Team now - According to t'internet: Lincoln, Mansfield and Forest are all pretty much the same distance from me

- Your kids Team(s) - Derby

All Derby for me - dad born in Harrington Street, so not much chance for me!

As for school, Pete Newberry and John Bowers both played for Derby whilst I was there, Pete Mansfield was on DCFC's books although never made the first team, and of course there was Steve Powell who started the year after I left.

(Also Pete Dolby from Little Eaton IIRC was at school at the same time and he went on to hold Shewsbury Town's appearance record at c500 games as a centre half.)