LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

4 hours ago, Kuskus said:

Isn’t it today where all clubs announce their retained list?

If you Google you'll see some have started to issue their lists. It doesn't seem to happen on the same day for all clubs. 

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Reports suggest today is the deadline for all clubs, some just chose to announce earlier

Does that apply to football clubs where the EFL won’t let clubs offer contracts ? ( I did hear that we offered out our contracts yesterday having said that ) 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Reports suggest today is the deadline for all clubs, some just chose to announce earlier

No announcement is necessary at all.

Today is the day from when players (who are out of contract) can sign a contract with another English club , if the club they are registered with hasn't offered them one or have and they have been offered and have chose not to accept it. There are exceptions to this, usually clubs involved in the play-offs for example.

Registration won't take place until the first day of the transfer window (June 10th). Even if the contracts are agreed.

Clubs usually choose this to align with their retained list being published, as it makes it easier to administer.

Edited by I DONT MIND

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

I would take Sam Hutchinson from Sheff Weds on a free as well

Wednesday will be shipping a fare few players out, Pretty sure one or 2 were given a new contract to stay in the hope of going straight back up.

47 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wednesday will be shipping a fare few players out, Pretty sure one or 2 were given a new contract to stay in the hope of going straight back up.

How about Sam winnal I dont know how they stand with him.

In Wayne we trust , I’m sure he’ll bring in a mixture of young and experienced players, also some that have lost there way/ not fulfilled there potential yet, I think possibly we maybe underwhelmed by some of the signings, but if they have the right attitude, then it will be fine.As I’ve posted before, I think Oliver from Gillingham would be ideal, proven goal scoring record at league 1 level, then you are probably looking at Bardsley if the talk is true, solid professional, would do a job even at his age, think we are in for a busy (exciting) summer

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Does that apply to football clubs where the EFL won’t let clubs offer contracts ? ( I did hear that we offered out our contracts yesterday having said that ) 

Same answer as below. It still doesn't prevent us offering contracts to any of our players after this date, just means we're vulnerable to other clubs poaching them.

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Really? Does that include Huddersfield and Forest even though they don't know what league they'll be in

Someone else said exceptions can be made, notably for playoff clubs.

3 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Berahino been released by the Wendies , was beginning to find his form towards the end of the season , would be a shrewd signing imo

What sort of striker do we want, a target man or a nippy Vydra type with pace…or both ?