LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

So despite scoring 38 goals and making 17 assists in 114 games, thus making a 0.5 goal contribution per game, he's not welcome back as he let the bigger boys do the physical fighting for him? He was one of the very few we actually made money on during the Morris years of mad spending. We need all the goals, assists and creativity we can in this team for next season - he's shown he can battle it out when on loan at Reading. If he was willing to come for whatever little we can offer players, I'd definitely take him.

What's he done anywhere else since leaving Derby? Did he make the step up to the Prem with Huddersfield and show that he truly was too good for the championship? Was he up for the fight at Stoke? Did he light it up on loan at Luton? 

We made money on him, yes, and more fool the idiots who paid it expecting him to replicate his form here. 

Battled it out at Reading? Hardly a battle for them really, they always had too much quality to go down once they had a few players back from injury. He scored a handful of goals with Daddy managing him. I imagine both Ince's will be there next season tbf, so the discussion on bringing him back here is moot.

You can't always judge how good a player is or isn't by their time at Derby, take Andreas Weimann for example who plenty of people thought was terrible

141 appearances, 43 goals and 21 assists for Bristol City, whilst playing all over the shop 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

40 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

What's he done anywhere else since leaving Derby? Did he make the step up to the Prem with Huddersfield and show that he truly was too good for the championship? Was he up for the fight at Stoke? Did he light it up on loan at Luton? 

We made money on him, yes, and more fool the idiots who paid it expecting him to replicate his form here. 

Battled it out at Reading? Hardly a battle for them really, they always had too much quality to go down once they had a few players back from injury. He scored a handful of goals with Daddy managing him. I imagine both Ince's will be there next season tbf, so the discussion on bringing him back here is moot.

You can't always judge how good a player is or isn't by their time at Derby, take Andreas Weimann for example who plenty of people thought was terrible

141 appearances, 43 goals and 21 assists for Bristol City, whilst playing all over the shop 

I was using statistics as a quantifiable explanation to B4 why Ince's demeanour from one game shouldn't be the thing that stops any transfer to Derby. This applies to any player, past, present or future. 

A drop in level could work brilliantly for Ince, look at McGeady at Sunderland. Now 36 years old, in the last 4 seasons in league one he's scored 22 goals, got 25 assists in 92 games. Any skillful player at this level should by all means stand out. 

43 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Barkhuizen, always rated him, released by Preston.

Yeah, he's a good relentless runner, the sort you need at L1 lever.  Not sure if he fits in with Rooney's style, which is probably the biggest concern for the L1 season.  Will Rooney acknowledge the need for a little more 'industry'? 

A player I like who has a lot of potential to get better and perhaps had an underrated start to his career is John McAtee at Grimsby.  I know his numbers aren't great yet, but he's got something for sure.  

Mentioned him a while ago, but Harry McKirdy should be a big target.  He has game breaking talent.  I like Harvey Knibbs at Cambridge too, actually from Derby (played for Forest/Villa at youth level) but not sure what his contract situation is. 

Burton have a good player too, Tom Hamer.  Be a great signing.

Finally, Kane Wilson, from FGR won L2 player of the year, is an amazing talent.  

Some of these may even end up in the Championship, but if the sale can get sorted out, some of those are realistic players who are talented and can handle L1/L2 football and playing for Derby would be the biggest moment of their careers to date. 

The ideal scenario is keeping as many as we possibly can. I don't see Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Knight, Lawrence or Kazim staying for one reason or another. With that in mind, I'd be looking at the following squad:
GK: Allsop, ???
RB: ???, McDonald
CB: ???, Stearman
CB: Cashin, Davies
LB: ???, Forsyth
CM: Bielik, Watson
CM: Bird, Thompson
RW: Ebiowei
AM: Ravel, Hutchinson
LW: Sibley, Wilson
CF: ???, Stretton, Cybulski

And the following signings:
GK - Johansson (Rotherham)
RB - McGinn (Hibbs)
CB - Moore (Oxford)
LB - Purrington (Charlton)
CF - Vokes / Niasse / Ladapo

2 hours ago, SBW said:

Yeah, he's a good relentless runner, the sort you need at L1 lever.  Not sure if he fits in with Rooney's style, which is probably the biggest concern for the L1 season.  Will Rooney acknowledge the need for a little more 'industry'? 

A player I like who has a lot of potential to get better and perhaps had an underrated start to his career is John McAtee at Grimsby.  I know his numbers aren't great yet, but he's got something for sure.  

Mentioned him a while ago, but Harry McKirdy should be a big target.  He has game breaking talent.  I like Harvey Knibbs at Cambridge too, actually from Derby (played for Forest/Villa at youth level) but not sure what his contract situation is. 

Burton have a good player too, Tom Hamer.  Be a great signing.

Finally, Kane Wilson, from FGR won L2 player of the year, is an amazing talent.  

Some of these may even end up in the Championship, but if the sale can get sorted out, some of those are realistic players who are talented and can handle L1/L2 football and playing for Derby would be the biggest moment of their careers to date. 

Mckirdy and Wilson are good shouts

21 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Just seen Nahki Wells is available on a free....

Hmm on a free because of high wages at Bristol city and they want him off the payroll as he has another year and may well do an Anya so probably well out of our pay range 

On 13/05/2022 at 13:21, TomSaint said:

Just seen Nahki Wells is available on a free....

Hmm on a free because of high wages at Bristol city and they want him off the payroll as he has another year and may well do an Anya so probably well out of our pay range 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

David Mc Goldrick given a free from Sheffield United - 34 and ex red dog but an excellent footballer and the sort that could fit into our style of play easily and actually lead the line properly 

Lives a stones throw from the A52 in Bramcote as well

o dowda on a free from Bristol City , also i watched the play off game Swindon Port Vale , Swindons goalscorer Mckirdy looks a good player , out of contract , 3rd time ive seen him in action could be the answer to our problems in front of goal

3 hours ago, Premier ram said:

o dowda on a free from Bristol City , also i watched the play off game Swindon Port Vale , Swindons goalscorer Mckirdy looks a good player , out of contract , 3rd time ive seen him in action could be the answer to our problems in front of goal

3 goals and 2 assists over the last 3 seasons isn't really what we want to be looking for in a winger.

Few names if budget is tight all in frees.

Eamonn Brophy - Scot International. Scored a lot for Kilmarnock few years ago 

Conor Washington- hard working channel running forward. Not big goal scorer but perfect link up and pressure player if you want one in squad

Jack Payne - small but talented. Could be an interesting option 

George mceachran - was once touted as a top talent. Think out of contact at Chelsea. Midfield we're good in but if bird, bielk or Knight go we would probably need something 

J Wilson-Esbrand. Good city prospect out of contract.