LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

3 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

If we could tie our current crop down , id love us to try and buy Delap back. On transfermarket hes still only worth around 1 Mill. Id rather not loan as it only papers over the cracks and id rather build a solid foundation!

Linked with Southampton and other Premier League Clubs so...... Let's just leave it at "unlikely".

3 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

If we could tie our current crop down , id love us to try and buy Delap back. On transfermarket hes still only worth around 1 Mill. Id rather not loan as it only papers over the cracks and id rather build a solid foundation!

Getting the gang back together? Maybe we should get Kaide Gordon, Hughes, Bogle and Riis Jakobsen back whilst we're at it

17 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Who writes these articles? Why should we "go all out" to sign this CM, when we hope to have Bielik, Bird, Knight, Tommo, Ravel and Watson with us next season, with the likes of Robinson also coming through?

Edit: I see David already has the answer

Edited by Ghost of Clough

I personally enjoy these types of threads, especially if they can be kept pun free (I've done it now) plus if the players mentioned are genuinely realistic possibilities for us.   

Looking into the stats makes some interesting reading, and things like Conor Wickham still only being 29 - he wouldn't be for me btw with his injury record.

Tom Barkhuizen would be the stand out one so far mentioned - quick and decent in the air and decent goal return.

Certainly going to be an interesting summer, assuming everything finally gets squared off. 

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace

11 hours ago, KBB said:

I fully expect us to go for someone like Tom Eaves. Tall. Target man. Just released. Decent at league 1 level, but not prolific above. Realistic wages. Not a world beater or a name that will get many excited, but will do a job we need.

Was absolutely fantastic at Gillingham. Big strong target man with a bit of pace too. Was a twenty goal a season striker in league one for Gillingham.