LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We need to get Cox and Burley on the job.  Only two managers in my time watching Derby who created good teams from magic beans. Anyone heard of Bisgaard, Idiakez and Rasiak before they got here. Rooney could do with some off their contacts.  The scouting element is crucial at this point and an experienced scout / ex manager with good contacts could be Derbys best signing. 

It was Simon Hunt responsible for the foreign gems during Burley's reign. He lived in Sweden I recall following a professional career over there, knew the European market extremely well.

Edit - article from back in the day on him. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dominant-derby-continue-to-impress-8mrmsvccvr5

2nd edit - currently sporting director at Wolves, joined from Forest having been head of scouting. https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/county-wolves-premier-league-job-4223730

Edited by Ram@Lincoln
Added article

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Missed argubly the best two Barker and shackle 

Don't know about Shackell.  I thought he was decent but he couldn't wait to get shot so something happened. I'd still class Barker as a typical Clough signing.  Good attitude but not good enough for a higher level. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't know about Shackell.  I thought he was decent but he couldn't wait to get shot so something happened. I'd still class Barker as a typical Clough signing.  Good attitude but not good enough for a higher level. 

Didnt shackell move to the premierhsip with burnley? I wouldnt say ‘got shot’ lol

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, it was more like "got Keogh". 

Think Shackell left without much fight from us. Which was odd after a good season with us. There were rumours at the time involving another player. 

But yes maybe Clough discovering Keogh softened the blow and allowed everyone to move on.

Edited by TomTom92

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Think Shackell left without much fight from us. Which was odd after a good season with us. There were rumours at the time involving another player. 

But yes maybe Clough discovering Keogh softened the blow and allowed everyone to move on.

I think that's about right. The mystery was why on earth we re-signed Shackell later for 3x what we sold him for when he was already 31. More vapid thinking from Mel and Co. 

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Didnt shackell move to the premierhsip with burnley? I wouldnt say ‘got shot’ lol

Think they were in the same league then and not that great.  By got shot I mean he played well then we sold him 12 months later for not far of the same fee.  The previous summer we spent 2 months chasing him and put in 3 bids . Odd.

16 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

I know people will moan about signing ex players , but surely getting Wisdom back on a free would be a decent bit of business? especially at the level we're currently at.

Definitely not. He was one of the worst CBs in the air during the 20/21 season. I can only imagine how bad he'd do in L1, especially after a year without football.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think they were in the same league then and not that great.  By got shot I mean he played well then we sold him 12 months later for not far of the same fee.  The previous summer we spent 2 months chasing him and put in 3 bids . Odd.

There were a lot of rumours at the time that Shackell was sold for non-football related reasons.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Definitely not. He was one of the worst CBs in the air during the 20/21 season. I can only imagine how bad he'd do in L1, especially after a year without football.

I suppose he's a fullback by trade.  As he's probably about 20 st by now though it's a moot point I suppose.  If two clubs, one without a pot to piss in who would be relegated without points deductions said no, probably best looking elsewhere.

14 hours ago, enachops said:

I’ve noticed George Thorne’s been hitting the gym hard in a bid to get fit on his instagram…. It couldn’t happen, could it?

Great player but 3 years out the game and a business plan restricting transfers.   Plus those pitches and midfielders in that league.  Think one bust his shoulder in his first game for Oxford. oh noo..

spxN54.gif

15 hours ago, enachops said:

I’ve noticed George Thorne’s been hitting the gym hard in a bid to get fit on his instagram…. It couldn’t happen, could it?

If he was 10% the player he was when he was fit he’d be good enough 

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I dont think he was. And at League one level i think he'd be a great signing. Even if its back up for davies and cashin.

He was always a brill RB.