QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

Go away Thursday morning... hear rumours of a heroic evening on Friday, get in Monday at 5:45pm... and find out we're down! ?

Not the best way to end an otherwise cracking weekend away!  

Hey, we did well to hang on this long under such horrendous circumstances.  Down but proud, is my overriding reaction.
They'll get my backing for the final 2 home games, a standing ovation at the close of play, and a massive thanks for at least giving us hope, for so long, in a truly hopeless situation.

Now... when's those bloody season tickets coming out... I think we all need to start again!

?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Go away Thursday morning... hear rumours of a heroic evening on Friday, get in Monday at 5:45pm... and find out we're down! ?

Not the best way to end an otherwise cracking weekend away!  

Hey, we did well to hang on this long under such horrendous circumstances.  Down but proud, is my overriding reaction.
They'll get my backing for the final 2 home games, a standing ovation at the close of play, and a massive thanks for at least giving us hope, for so long, in a truly hopeless situation.

Now... when's those bloody season tickets coming out... I think we all need to start again!

?

Sums it up though fantastic at home, lame and tame away, the high of Friday night and the crushing low today.

Whatever players Rooney brings in he has to bring in players who can perform home and away.

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

A mathematical chance if reading lose every game. In reality we needed to win every game and hope that reading do not win more than once.

Even if we had got a point today, Reading would have only needed to get 1 more point from 3 games to send us down and that's if we were to win all 3 of ours. Of course we had to go for it today.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nice finish from Wayne to say he 'knows Mel is a Derby fan and he's sure he'll be very disappointed'. #classy

Hmm.  He's shown more class than I would have done.

*cough* club doctors phone *cough*

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But the kids do great at home ?

The sky pundit on duty for the Fulham game said you’d expect inexperienced players to fare less well away from home. Sort of makes sense. 
I think every player on the pitch has given his all - and hats off to Rooney for motivating them - but in team selection we’ve not had the right balance between youth and experience imo 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

The sky pundit on duty for the Fulham game said you’d expect inexperienced players to fare less well away from home. Sort of makes sense. 
I think every player on the pitch has given his all - and hats off to Rooney for motivating them - but in team selection we’ve not had the right balance between youth and experience imo 

These players are 19 years old not nine years old. They should be able to play away from home as well.  ANd in fairness some of them have. Senior players haven't done it often enough. Lawrence and Bielik need  to step up, but Bielik isnt strong enough physically and Lawrence not strong enough mentally.  

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Paul Williams and Paul Parker said the same on the Radio today and not being able to bring in players and forced to loose others has contributed to it greatly 

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

But without sounding like a stuck record, could we not have tried changes in formation, maybe 3 at the back with wing backs and 2 up top? It does sound very familiar today, like lots of the away defeats, we looked ok, the better side at times, but created very little. Hopefully Wayne will address this for next season ?

24 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

It does when it’s definitely a pen.

It would if the ref actually gave the pen. But they don't. Like the one where Ebiowe was pushed to the floor at Swansea. And like today when he was fouled in the area. As I posted earlier in this thread, refs only give free-kicks for fouls on Ebiowe after 75 minutes. And twice he has thrown himself down in the area. That doesn't work either. Although throwing yourself down did work for Charlie Austin to get Tom sent off.