Finance thread 2022.

Rev

29 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

It gets worse - now Jeremy rhyming slang has replaced him....

Just imagine if there was ever a chancellor who had previously broken company law regarding money laundering, a CRIMINAL offence no less............... oh!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/jeremy-hunt-broke-anti-money-laundering-laws

Edited by Grumpy Git

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This guy has to follow him...Chris Phelp Chief Secretary to the Treasury, He's the guy who sits down and advises the Chancellor, He was creaming himself after the mini budget, Then rowed back up Niagra Falls saying he had nowt to do with it ?

He's gone....

3 hours ago, SSD said:

Looking at buying a new phone, the pixel 6 looks like a decent buy, on offer on Amazon. Is it cheaper to buy the phone outright and get a sim card or try and go on another contract? I'm trying to buy items in cash nowadays and not be stuck on long contracts.

Looking on Amazon it's £400 for the Pixel 6, then you can get a £8 sim with ID. Essentially £600 for two years.

However, through moneysavingexpert, you can get that sim and a £40 voucher. With the handset off Amazon, that's roughly £550.

You can get a contract with £37 voucher through TopCashback, with a total cost from £566. Who has would be a better option if you want to  spread the cost out rather than paying a big lump sum straight away.

You could also buy a refurbished handset from Cex, reducing the cost to below £500.

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

That press conference was a total embarrassment and laid bare her lack of intelligence. Bond markets have reacted accordingly.

Early G.E is inevitable now, if the Tories want to be re-elected in the next 20 years their MP's need to step up and call one now.

Her and most of the cabinet are educated idiots.

For £46,000 a year, you'd think Eton would churn-out a few useful ones?

7 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

That press conference was a total embarrassment and laid bare her lack of intelligence. Bond markets have reacted accordingly.

Early G.E is inevitable now, if the Tories want to be re-elected in the next 20 years their MP's need to step up and call one now.

They're waiting for Labour to submit a vote of no confidence in the government - that way they'll be on the hook for the mess they'll find themselves in....

19 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I suspect if he was, there'd be far more out the door (probably the whole lot)

I'd want a party that looks after the masses and not the few, I'd want a party that can get hold of public spending, I'd like a party to make sure that those who have worked all their lives enjoy their retirement, I'd like a party to get hold of those who live a life of Riley on social benefits while the working person helps to fund their life style, I'd like a party that looks after those who have not the ability to work either through mental health or disability and more much much more.

Johnson got to be Premier for his antics and his foolishness with a thumping 80+ seat majority, Truss with only 50 MPs behind her got to be a Premier by luck If Sunak had been white...he'd be in power now.