Derby County vs Fulham matchday thread, Friday 15th April, 8pm

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Reckon Coventry doing a job on them is bad news for us. I doubt they’ll want back to back defeats and will want to wrap up promotion asap.

Any complacency has been used on the sky blues I’d imagine. Bad timing for us. 

Agree, they have got their poor performance out of the way a game too soon…

Any ideas ? … my night match routine is park on canal street, burger and pint at the waterfall with pocket radio for company and then walk to the ground. Thing is, burgers don’t seem as good as they were and last pint of Doombar there  was like toilet cleaner. I am a simple bloke, don’t drink a lot on matchday because of driving but a quiet hour before the game with some reasonable nosh, a pint and radio match gossip is my thing. Chat to others because I’ve got a “opinions” like a bit of camaraderie, love football and am a people person; but at the same time the annonimity and thinking time is precious … where to go at 6.30 with a short walk from the ground ? 

2 hours ago, jono said:

Any ideas ? … my night match routine is park on canal street, burger and pint at the waterfall with pocket radio for company and then walk to the ground. Thing is, burgers don’t seem as good as they were and last pint of Doombar there  was like toilet cleaner. I am a simple bloke, don’t drink a lot on matchday because of driving but a quiet hour before the game with some reasonable nosh, a pint and radio match gossip is my thing. Chat to others because I’ve got a “opinions” like a bit of camaraderie, love football and am a people person; but at the same time the annonimity and thinking time is precious … where to go at 6.30 with a short walk from the ground ? 

The Merlin? Haven't been there for a few seasons, but used it a bit for a couple of seasons and they used to have decent Abbott and Wainwright and the food was OK. 

5 hours ago, jono said:

Brunswick ?

13 hours ago, jono said:

Bet @rynny poured the pint.

On 11/04/2022 at 11:56, TomTom92 said:

Reckon Coventry doing a job on them is bad news for us. I doubt they’ll want back to back defeats and will want to wrap up promotion asap.

Any complacency has been used on the sky blues I’d imagine. Bad timing for us. 

I have seen us play Coventry 3 times this season and must admit they play a good style of football. Fulham could not handle O’Hare. Could Lawrence give them the runaround on Friday?

Whoever we are playing I like to visit and read their forums. Fulham's one is mainly about THAT MATCH IN 1983 when they were going for promotion and we needed the points to stay up. The end of the match ended earlier than expected as our crowd had lined all around the pitch. I was there and it was a brilliant atmosphere. Yes we should have got the supporters back on the terraces etc.. but Fulham fans on their forum have said it was really toxic and our fans were acting very menacing. It seems to have scarred quite a few from Fulham who were there at the time. They have not forgotten and seem to want 'revenge' for what had happened nearly 40 years ago! Move on chaps, life is too short! We won on the day and we will win on Good Friday. We don't need to get on the pitch this time. UTR.

32 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Whoever we are playing I like to visit and read their forums. Fulham's one is mainly about THAT MATCH IN 1983 when they were going for promotion and we needed the points to stay up. The end of the match ended earlier than expected as our crowd had lined all around the pitch. I was there and it was a brilliant atmosphere. Yes we should have got the supporters back on the terraces etc.. but Fulham fans on their forum have said it was really toxic and our fans were acting very menacing. It seems to have scarred quite a few from Fulham who were there at the time. They have not forgotten and seem to want 'revenge' for what had happened nearly 40 years ago! Move on chaps, life is too short! We won on the day and we will win on Good Friday. We don't need to get on the pitch this time. UTR.

TBF I am surprised there are many Fulham fans who still remember that game, they were not a very well supported team in them days and after 40 years many of their older fans are probably no longer with us. I was also at that game and was sat in the upper Osmaston tier and had a great view of it all including Bobby's wonderful winner.