Derby County vs Fulham matchday thread, Friday 15th April, 8pm

Carl Sagan

Wow what an evening and to think I felt like turning round when Reading got their winner. Fantastic atmosphere and if we do go down we will be more of a loss to the Championship than Fulham. Glad they are not organising the party when we die, it would be dull and quiet affair based on their support tonight.

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I LOVE this team. We are likely going down but by god we are only going down after kicking and screaming. The passion was immense today, putting their bodies on the line, running until their bodies were giving up and being spurred on by a ferocious 20,000 derby fans that sounded like twice their number. I love this club and this team. COYR

Same as what the Reading fans said without the “likely to go down” bit, and maybe 5k less in the stadium.

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I really feared for us tonight.. without Bird or Morrison. tbh Morrison is the only one who has looked like scoring from open play in recent games, but Plange has rediscoverd his goalpoaching instincts from earlier in the season. And Thommo also back to early season form. Amazing.  

Interesting, I’m actually more positive about us when Morrison isn’t starting. We play much better as a team.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting, I’m actually more positive about us when Morrison isn’t starting. We play much better as a team.

I like Morrison because he is a game changer, he has the ability to do the unpredictable and make it work but the unit isn’t as seamless with him. Tonight’s team had great balance considering our resources. 

56 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's obviously a deliberate tactic to put our smallest, least physical defender up against the biggest headed-goal threat in the league. I'd be fascinated to hear the thinking behind it. We've put Byrne on the opposition danger men before. Modern coaching is often baffling.

I think it’s designed to embarrass the attacker ?

13 minutes ago, jono said:

I like Morrison because he is a game changer, he has the ability to do the unpredictable and make it work but the unit isn’t as seamless with him. Tonight’s team had great balance considering our resources. 

Absolutely, he’s the most technically gifted player in the squad and when used right can have a decent impact.

For me he’s an impact sub in the last 30 if we either want to roll the dice to get a goal, or bring him on to help us retain possess better.

You also need to bring him on in a central attacking area ideally the No: 10 role………..and here’s the rub, you can’t play him and Lawrence in the same side. When we do we often look disjointed and the midfield is unbalanced. Morrison and Lawrence together often replicate each other’s work, it rarely works.

I honestly think we’ve dropped points we could have gained in recent weeks because of this selection issue. 

Maybe next season will suit Morrison better and the team set up, if he stays and Lawrence leaves and he is the main no: 10 

Edited by Ramarena

What an amazing performance! Best of the season IMO. To a man they were brilliant. Best team first 20 mins they score had some chances after that but held our own. Second half better team no question.

Allsop excellent. Back 4 brilliant Buchanan excellent in second half, Bielik did well, Thompson excellent while he was on, Knight a typical 7/10 performance, but the rest of the front 4 stole it. Awesome. Love Ebiowei, Tom was awesome and Luke Plange’s best game in a couple of months.

We’re fighting to the end. We might still do it but assuming CK gets it done I have so much optimism for the future.

I ducking love this club!!!! ?????

Lost me voice tonight. Never sang so loud and so long before. I know its a defiant, us against the world thing but bloody hell the fight and commitment from players and fans is incredible.

This is one of the worst seasons in our history and one of the best.

Unreal. I have no idea how it came over live on Sky but to be there in the middle of the South Stand tonight was something special, the noise was bouncing around the stadium. Looking to my left the West Stand and South West corner were up out of their seats and to the right the East Stand were giving it some all match.

I go back to the 1970's and this is as good as the Popside and Ossie End in their prime.

Proud to be Derby.

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Lost me voice tonight. Never sang so loud and so long before. I know its a defiant, us against the world thing but bloody hell the fight and commitment from players and fans is incredible.

This is one of the worst seasons in our history and one of the best.

Unreal. I have no idea how it came over live on Sky but to be there in the middle of the South Stand tonight was something special, the noise was bouncing around the stadium. Looking to my left the West Stand and South West corner were up out of their seats and to the right the East Stand were giving it some all match.

I go back to the 1970's and this is as good as the Popside and Ossie End in their prime.

Proud to be Derby.

I agree Utch. That support and noise rivalled our great European nights at the BBG. It shows that PP can be as atmospheric as the BBG when we all put our minds and voices to it. Tonight was a special night. One to remember. 

4 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I agree Utch. That support and noise rivalled our great European nights at the BBG. It shows that PP can be as atmospheric as the BBG when we all put our minds and voices to it. Tonight was a special night. One to remember. 

We all know we're down. No one is seriously pretending we'll stay up, people tonight were planning trips to away games they'd never of dreamt they'd be playing at, but we will build from a base of loyal fans, and if Chris Kirchner can complete the takeover and keep Rooney then we will face next season in League 1 (Division 3 to us old buggers), with good heart and optimism.

If we can keep most of our kids, use Rooney's contacts to get a couple of loans or decent old lads like Jags in, then all Wayne needs to do is find a Bobby Davison and there's no reason why history can't repeat itself.