World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

Gary Lineker... we know you know Maradona's middle name, but it's fine just to say his surname and first name. We know who you mean. Pretentious.

Right team won I think.  The French were crap for 75 minutes.

Extra time was nuts.

Martinez wins player of the tournament for shithousing.  Ref's should be able to send players off for that kind of crap. Hope they introduce something where the player doesn't come from the halfway line until the ref has the ball in the hand and the keeper is on his line. 

Overall, great group stage, average knock outs, great final, poor atmosphere/tournament feeling, stupid timing, below par coverage from BBC and ITV 6.5/10 for me on the World Cup scale.

Edited by JoetheRam

6 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Gary Lineker... we know you know Maradona's middle name, but it's fine just to say his surname and first name. We know who you mean. Pretentious.

Right team won I think.  The French were crap for 75 minutes.

Extra time was nuts.

Martinez wins player of the tournament for shithousing.  Ref's should be able to send players off for that kind of crap. Hope they introduce something where the player doesn't come from the halfway line until the ref has the ball in the hand and the keeper is on his line. 

Overall, great group stage, average knock outs, great final, poor atmosphere/tournament feeling, stupid timing, below par coverage from BBC and ITV 6.5/10 for me on the World Cup scale.

Argentina pretty average for most of the game too. 

It's like the 1979 fa Cup final, (3-2 arsenal) remembered for a hugely dramatic last 5 mins when the previous 85 were drab. 

It was exciting no doubt and had great moments. But to pretend that it was two great teams playing at full throttle throughout to produce a classic would be completely ott. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did you ever see Pele play?

Not really no. Aside from some highlights.

But I find it hard to believe anyone has played the game of football as well as Messi. It’s not just scoring, it’s the dribbling, passing, first touch, assists, creativity, movement. 

Team trophies don’t really mean that much when judging one player. After all it’s a team game.

But I just use my eyes, and they tell me that nobody has played the game as consistently well as Lionel Messi.

It’s just my opinion.