Players Entrance Gathering 1:30 Saturday

Ellafella

I think this is worth the effort. The fans by their mere presence can raise the morale of the team whilst bringing renewed focus and fresh eyes on our plight. It’s all clearly going to go to midnight on the last day of the season by which time there won’t be much left. “Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead…

No problem with showing the support to the players.

But, is it factually correct that MM is the sticking point with the grd? Have Q come out and said it, have the remaining interested parties said it or is it purely journalistic speculation? 

I have never been expecting to hear anything this week until after the EFL mtg today, and not necessarily today, maybe tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

But, is it factually correct that MM is the sticking point with the grd? Have Q come out and said it, have the remaining interested parties said it or is it purely journalistic speculation? 

I have never been expecting to hear anything this week until after the EFL mtg today, and not necessarily today, maybe tomorrow.

That's the trouble,we know nothing more than the bids are in and being considered....everything else is speculation based on fact free rumours.

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

None of it is fact. We have to surmise though. The “smoke” signals suggest that nobody is willing to pay enough…and MM’s bargaining chip is PP stadium. Meanwhile our collective mental health deteriorates as we watch the life-blood drain away. 
For me, it’s not about a blame game; it’s way beyond that. We need our club to survive. We need to remind the whole shower what’s at stake. 

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

For me, it’s not about a blame game; it’s way beyond that. We need our club to survive. We need to remind the whole shower what’s at stake. 

Unfortunately BAWT have made it a blame game with their statement and reason to stay after the players are in the grd..... MM refusal to take a haircut on the grd....

In no way am I defending his actions as I've stated elsewhere in the Mel or bust thread that if he's still involved I would not go to any home games again, but if he 'paid' £80m for the grd and the reported £20m for purchase effectively goes straight to MSD to clear the loan then he is getting zero from it and actually lost £80m. I know that the whole financial mess is of his doing before I get slated, but we don't actually know what the situation is in the bids and grd sale.

26 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Unfortunately BAWT have made it a blame game with their statement and reason to stay after the players are in the grd..... MM refusal to take a haircut on the grd....

In no way am I defending his actions as I've stated elsewhere in the Mel or bust thread that if he's still involved I would not go to any home games again, but if he 'paid' £80m for the grd and the reported £20m for purchase effectively goes straight to MSD to clear the loan then he is getting zero from it and actually lost £80m. I know that the whole financial mess is of his doing before I get slated, but we don't actually know what the situation is in the bids and grd sale.

I am all in favour of fans gathering and trying to persuade Morris if he can to help us out. He has a moral obligation to do that.

But the Bawt stuff to me seems so over the top and potentially counter productive. We don’t even know if Morris has enough money left, 

I’m 100% in favour of the first part but not the second.

I’m not trying to defend Mel but we don’t actually know what he’s prepared to do (although the rumours aren’t encouraging). Also, Mel probably won’t be there and is no doubt already aware of how most of us feel. Most importantly though, IMO a protest straight after a show of support may actually weaken the first message.

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I am all in favour of fans gathering and trying to persuade Morris if he can to help us out. He has a moral obligation to do that.

But the Bawt stuff to me seems so over the top and potentially counter productive. We don’t even know if Morris has enough money left, 

I was discussing Mel's financial problems with him whilst strolling in the F1 paddock at the Saudi Arabian grand prix last week munching on Beluga caviar before we went back to his executive hospitality suite.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was discussing Mel's financial problems with him whilst strolling in the F1 paddock at the Saudi Arabian grand prix last week munching on Beluga caviar before we went back to his executive hospitality suite.

And what did he say........??

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

I'd love to see some evidence that he actually "paid" £80M for the stadium before I get too sympathetic about him "losing" it, though I do recognise that he's going to receive SFA for his £133M loan share account.

What staggering mismanagement that total figure would represent ?

Surprised by the relatively sympathetic comments towards Mel on this thread. The key point for me is that it was Mel's decision alone to separate the club from its stadium. If he hadn't done this, the stadium would be in administration along with the club and this seemingly intractable scenario wouldn't have arisen in the first place.

He's created this situation, the least he can do is sort it out, otherwise the club dies. BAWT are quite right to protest IMHO.

There's also this option to reconsider given how close to liquidation we appear to be

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-pride-park-quantuma-6514394

According to the article "Quantuma may have the power to "force" the purchase of the club's ground" as an asset related to administration under the terms of section 71 of the insolvency act.

For the love of god please stop using the term 'hair cut'.

Just because you saw someone 'professional' use the term once, constantly repeating it doesn't make you sound more clued up, it's just a buzz-word (oh, go on then, a buzz word, hardy harr) that makes you sound like a tool.

Utter cringe (or should that be fringe)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Surprised by the relatively sympathetic comments towards Mel on this thread. The key point for me is that it was Mel's decision alone to separate the club from its stadium. If he hadn't done this, the stadium would be in administration along with the club and this seemingly intractable scenario wouldn't have arisen in the first place.

He's created this situation, the least he can do is sort it out, otherwise the club dies. BAWT are quite right to protest IMHO.

There's also this option to reconsider given how close to liquidation we appear to be

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-pride-park-quantuma-6514394

According to the article "Quantuma may have the power to "force" the purchase of the club's ground" as an asset related to administration under the terms of section 71 of the insolvency act.

That seems bizarre if true.  It would be like me owning a factory that is rented out to a separate business. If that business goes into administration I could be forced to sell the factory.

A quick read of articles about section 71 seems to suggest to me that the administrator can force the sale of an asset owned by the business in administration even though it may be security for a debt. Not that they can force the sale of an asset not owned by the company in administration.