Players Entrance Gathering 1:30 Saturday

Ellafella

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I think this is worth the effort. The fans by their mere presence can raise the morale of the team whilst bringing renewed focus and fresh eyes on our plight. It’s all clearly going to go to midnight on the last day of the season by which time there won’t be much left. “Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead…

Not sure MM has any hair to cut?!

I mean, turn up early and cheer the players in, we’ll why not.

But singing a few anti-Mel songs outside the ground is going to make zero difference to anything, other than being a bit cathartic. 

I’ve noticed a few comments on Twitter where people are complaining that there hasn’t been enough anti-Mel chanting,  that people have let him get away with it and that those who don’t join in are lesser fans.

I think it actually shows that, up to now, while people are very worried they’ve been quite mature about the situation, decided it’s better to get behind the team,  realised that a few chants aren’t going to change anything and, considering Mel isn’t there, it is just a bit pointless.  I think a few of the more limited thinkers in our fanbase want a public lynching. But again what would that achieve? 

I go to football to watch football, not to protest and not to get angry about things I have absolutely no control over or ability to change… other than referees.  (I am sad and frustrated about what is happening but calling somebody names isn’t going to help me).  

6 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Surprised by the relatively sympathetic comments towards Mel on this thread. The key point for me is that it was Mel's decision alone to separate the club from its stadium. If he hadn't done this, the stadium would be in administration along with the club and this seemingly intractable scenario wouldn't have arisen in the first place.

He's created this situation, the least he can do is sort it out, otherwise the club dies. BAWT are quite right to protest IMHO.

There's also this option to reconsider given how close to liquidation we appear to be

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-pride-park-quantuma-6514394

According to the article "Quantuma may have the power to "force" the purchase of the club's ground" as an asset related to administration under the terms of section 71 of the insolvency act.

I thought PPS was being offered at £20m so forcing a sale at a fair price , even if it were possible would work to our disadvantage.

maguire talks utter Bs all the time.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I mean, turn up early and cheer the players in, we’ll why not.

But singing a few anti-Mel songs outside the ground is going to make zero difference to anything, other than being a bit cathartic. 

I’ve noticed a few comments on Twitter where people are complaining that there hasn’t been enough anti-Mel chanting,  that people have let him get away with it and that those who don’t join in are lesser fans.

I think it actually shows that, up to now, while people are very worried they’ve been quite mature about the situation, decided it’s better to get behind the team,  realised that a few chants aren’t going to change anything and, considering Mel isn’t there, it is just a bit pointless.  I think a few of the more limited thinkers in our fanbase want a public lynching. But again what would that achieve? 

I go to football to watch football, not to protest and not to get angry about things I have absolutely no control over or ability to change… other than referees.  (I am sad and frustrated about what is happening but calling somebody names isn’t going to help me).  

Absolutely agree with all of that. It’s all about setting the right tone and being dignified. The tone set by WR for the Team has been spot-on and the Rams Fans as a body has been superb. Calling MM & Pearce is pointless and a waste of energy. Use the pent up frustration to shout on the Team. Avoiding relegation Is not impossible but looks less likely; after the break of last weekend though this is the final mile and having a few hundred fans at the Entrance at 1:30 on Sat will just pep the squad up again and give them that edge. What have we got to lose ?‍♂️

Some randoms on Twitter are suggesting everyone should be on the pitch at the Sky game v Fulham. Perhaps bringing it forward and promoting the idea of getting on the pitch and getting every home game abandoned may, and I mean may get Quantuma to do something more than put their phone off the hook for 6 months. Not advocating doing it, just the idea of making Q / efl (who wont like the idea of competition integrity being threatened... apparently) think it is going to happen, if nothing moves.

18 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Some randoms on Twitter are suggesting everyone should be on the pitch at the Sky game v Fulham. Perhaps bringing it forward and promoting the idea of getting on the pitch and getting every home game abandoned may, and I mean may get Quantuma to do something more than put their phone off the hook for 6 months. Not advocating doing it, just the idea of making Q / efl (who wont like the idea of competition integrity being threatened... apparently) think it is going to happen, if nothing moves.

What a terrible idea. While there is any chance of us avoiding relegation, forcing games to be abandoned (and potentially forfeited) along with additional fines to the club is absolutely absurd.

7 minutes ago, Crazy said:

What a terrible idea. While there is any chance of us avoiding relegation, forcing games to be abandoned (and potentially forfeited) along with additional fines to the club is absolutely absurd.

Absolutely; totally ludicrous, nihilistic idea that would merely bring opprobrium down on us. Moronic, really. 

Fair enough, and I see that definitely it is a desperate, stupid and reckless idea, it would be great to have the hope that getting results and staying up would make us more attractive and subsequently purchased, it didn't happen when we had a good chance a few months ago though. I draw from that Championship football means less to a prospective buyer than we would think it should (one good year from absolute riches). Abandonment protests with penalties, and teams challenging for promo getting 3 points for no effort and such like would be the very last thing, any reasonable person, Derby, Quantuma, and the EFL want. If only there was something at least one of those could do to avoid it... perhaps they would?

I see avoiding relegation as a bit of a falsehood anyway as if we stay up and then nothing changes, admins can't fund next season and the golden share gets removed. It just means that DCFCs last ever season was to finish 4th bottom of the championship, not bottom. We've still lost our Derby. The HMRC/EFL get their example to tell the other clubs to sort themselves out. Bottom, league 1, a law suit from Bournmouth for cheating them out of 1st place, but Quantuma wanting out asap, not dragging it out for every penny they can get in fees, in what may then be their last 'big' job, due to their catastrophic failure. Something changes. The status quo of the last 7ish months (if not longer) needs to change, doing nothing wont make it change. It hasn't worked so far.

28 minutes ago, Crazy said:

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely; totally ludicrous, nihilistic idea that would merely bring opprobrium down on us. Moronic, really. 

Agreed. What happened to we’ll fight ‘til the end? 

The players and management team have given it their all this season, to deny them of the opportunity to see out the season would be a real kick in their balls.

I hope anyone that is seriously planning to do this stops to think who it will be hurting, and where the money to pay the fines will come from. It won’t hurt the EFL or Quantuma, only the team.

The international break combined with more deadlines been and gone has created even more frustration, I get it, I feel it, but getting behind the team now should be our focus as that’s the only I thing we have any control over. 

27 minutes ago, David said:

The players and management team have given it their all this season, to deny them of the opportunity to see out the season would be a real kick in their balls.

I hope anyone that is seriously planning to do this stops to think who it will be hurting, and where the money to pay the fines will come from. It won’t hurt the EFL or Quantuma, only the team.

The international break combined with more deadlines been and gone has created even more frustration, I get it, I feel it, but getting behind the team now should be our focus as that’s the only I thing we have any control over. 

Well said Sir

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I can guarantee that not everyone will be on the pitch. I for one won't. I don't normally boo at football matches (not even the referee. I save those noises for the Christmas panto) but I might be tempted if any idiots chose to run on.

41 minutes ago, David said:

Agreed, our only focus should be on helping the team in every way possible for the remainder of the season, they've done nothing wrong, and have reacted remarkably well given the circumstances.

However, the minute the season is over, things will get really ugly, really quickly. That's just the way it is. 

You can't destroy a proud communities hopes, dreams, and history, and expect anything less.

1 hour ago, David said:

Thing is, this could well be the end couldn't it? Even staying in the Championship doesn't really solve any of our problems. Whilst disrupting games doesn't help, it doesn't really harm us much. Focusing on the on pitch performance now is probably no longer doing enough. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Thing is, this could well be the end couldn't it? Even staying in the Championship doesn't really solve any of our problems. Whilst disrupting games doesn't help, it doesn't really harm us much. Focusing on the on pitch performance now is probably no longer doing enough. 

Almost nothing to lose anymore. Go out with a bang  or a whimper