A refereeing conspiracy?

IslandExile

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I've laughed off our accusations of a consistent bias against us this season. 

Ive stopped laughing now 

More of a subconscious bias against us because of the job the EFL have done in painting us as cheats.

Or maybe fully conscious in the case of some refs, who's consistently incorrect decisions against certain clubs seems to be ignored.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

But how does that work with Barnsley last week and our first goal? Surely he would have given offside? I just think there is always been a slight bias towards home teams and we have been on the end of a few bad decisions. I really don’t think there is a conspiracy…

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But how does that work with Barnsley last week and our first goal? Surely he would have given offside? I just think there is always been a slight bias towards home teams and we have been on the end of a few bad decisions. I really don’t think there is a conspiracy…

Never in a zillion years was that goal offside...watch again in extreme slow motion!

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I have watched it 4 or 5 times and someone on here had a freeze frame, very tight….

So it was, at worst, very very arguable. The decisions going against us are absolute shockers. I don’t think there is a conspiracy but perhaps subconscious bias, a bit like when Chris Martin stopped getting any penalties when he got his diving rep a few years ago. I could probably name you 15 absolute unarguable stinkers over the last two years that have gone against us, I bet you couldn’t do the same that have gone for us.

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

But Mengi made a great save with his hand about 30 minutes before. Red card and penalty it's a win rather than a draw.

You can go on and on, Shinnie might have been offside for the penalty v Bournemouth….we have been on the wrong end of decisions but some have gone our way too….