Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

Good-ish half. Unleash Kazim. Midfield need to get into the box more. Cardiff thinking about summer ; offered little apart from Doyle bar-breaker. 
Bielik quiet; Morrison patchy; Knight off-it. 
We need 3 points. We need more ambition. Sibley to run at them through the middle? 

Well it's alright, but we won't catch the opposition off guard without moving the ball quicker or getting men in the box when we have it out wide.

Festy needs to be reminded he's dynamite and not to ball watch when the ball is coming into the box on the opposite side.

Very winnable this, especially with big Colin on the bench.

4 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Morrison has no runners going forward. Don't think he's done much wrong, he's just looking for passes and there are no passes there. We really need to do things faster and get more bodies forward quicker. But it feels like we've been saying that for years. 

Yep. I did say as much in 1986. 

Think I'm watching a different game to some on here. Passing has been good, we've retained possession well, but as has been the case forever, we've lacked a final pass. We've really not given Cardiff a sniff of goal save for when we've played ourselves into trouble. More positives than not for me at this point.

Festy has the beating of his man all day as usual, but I'm really not seeing what Plange is bringing at the moment so that'd be my only real gripe. He seems to be going through the motions a little now as those clever runs that stretch defences seem to have dried up in recent games. I'd like to see Colin get 30 mins as I think he could make all the difference tonight. 

Morrison’s having a better game than I expected (pretty low bar).

Done a couple of decent things, but still holding on far to long at times and strangling our momentum. At least he’s made progress going forward a couple of times.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I'd prefer anyone to Morrison. At the moment we need every player giving 100% which is something I've yet to see Morrison achieve.

He always seems to pass backwards and shoot when he should pass….just not sure what he brings to the team…..he will go and get the winner now ?

Lots of wayward passes and unforced errors from both teams, particularly in the first 30 mins. 
Festy needs to learn to shoot with his left... or pass it into the net.
Plange needs to learn that simply by sticking a toe out, he might just make that all important contact.

I thought Festy was caught... but was 6" outside of the box.  No pen for me, but it should have been a free kick, not a goal kick.

All in all, we're clearly the better of two poor-ish sides, but for us Rams fans, the fear of going a goal down is never far away. 

This is very much a winnable game... But no way will it surprise me, if we lose!

Away fans sound decent... again!

More aggression required in their box.  Let's do it.  ?

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Morrison’s having a better game than I expected (pretty low bar).

Done a couple of decent things, but still holding on far to long at times and strangling our momentum. At least he’s made progress going forward a couple of times.

Agree..but to be fair to him plange has been doing nothing to create space so often Morrison has no options ahead of him.

Our midfielders pick up the ball either side of the centre circle, look ahead and unless Plange is making an in to out run there's little ahead of them. 

We really need two up front, it's so easy to defend against us when you only need to mark Plange and keep half an eye on Ebosele.