Simon Jordan v Wayne Rooney

Simon Jordan, the obsessive admirer of Mel Morris, has been poking his nose in again on Wayne Rooney's position at Derby County as reported by the DET:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wayne-rooney-jordan-Derby-county-6583547

Simon Jordan has slaughtered Rooney for the past year and now Wayne has shown him up, he's got egg all over his face. Jordan is a clown. He and Mel Morris are like spiritual twins. They are both rich men who owned football clubs, which they plunged into insolvency because they both believed they knew all about football when in reality they knew next to nothing. By contrast Rooney had only one education and that is football but what an amazingly outstanding scholar he has turned out to be and on the way he learned other qualities that Jordan and Morris never have - Loyalty and Integrity.

At the present time, Rooney has achieved something that neither of them is capable of – he has united the whole community that is Derby County behind him in the fight for our survival. But still Jordan snipes as he eats a little bit of humble pie by suggesting that the reasons why Wayne declined the opportunity of an interview at Everton might not be as Wayne has told it.

Time to keep your nose out of our club’s business Simon’ you have nothing useful to say. Leave it to Wayne, he’s doing just fine by all of us.

You only have to look at his employer.

Talksport is, in the main, a windup vehicle. Come in with silly takes, designed to rile up fans of that particular club, who then feel compelled to spend their money phoning in to defend their team, or have opposition fans agree with it.

There are some notable exceptions, but look at Jordan, Durham, Brazil... all the same.

Would Rooney have taken the job if he was offered it up front? We'll never know. But that's not the point Simon. The point is that he turned down an opportunity to speak to his boyhood club. He has stayed loyal to Derby County and has got this team playing good football and in with a chance of staying up despite the most difficult of circumstances. Wayne Rooney embodies everything that is Derby County. He has brought the pride back to the club. Give him credit for once.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Would Rooney have taken the job if he was offered it up front? We'll never know. But that's not the point Simon. The point is that he turned down an opportunity to speak to his boyhood club. He has stayed loyal to Derby County and has got this team playing good football and in with a chance of staying up despite the most difficult of circumstances. Wayne Rooney embodies everything that is Derby County. He has brought the pride back to the club. Give him credit for once.

Unfortunately (?) he does:

"He could have played that game [by courting the Everton job] but he didn’t.

“Optically, he did the right thing for me, [looking at it] as a former owner. Well done, son, well done you.

“If I can be critical of Wayne Rooney, then it’s stupid of me not to say ‘well done', for the team doing really well in terms of the adversity they’re under.

“And I genuinely hope that Derby get out of this mess and stay in the Championship.

“You have to give plaudits and, in this instance, he’s done well.”

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Talksport is, in the main, a windup vehicle. Come in with silly takes, designed to rile up fans of that particular club, who then feel compelled to spend their money phoning in to defend their team, or have opposition fans agree with it.

There are some notable exceptions, but look at Jordan, Durham, Brazil... all the same.

And it works as this topic proves.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Unfortunately (?) he does:

"He could have played that game [by courting the Everton job] but he didn’t.

“Optically, he did the right thing for me, [looking at it] as a former owner. Well done, son, well done you.

“If I can be critical of Wayne Rooney, then it’s stupid of me not to say ‘well done', for the team doing really well in terms of the adversity they’re under.

“And I genuinely hope that Derby get out of this mess and stay in the Championship.

“You have to give plaudits and, in this instance, he’s done well.”

Usually I think Simon Jordan talks a lot of sense and is one of the better pundits they have on there. However when it comes to Wayne Rooney, he always seems to have a problem for no apparent reason. So it's good to see him give credit where it's due.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Reading the article, his views are not a lot different to some on this forum who if they had  their way Rooney wouldn’t be here now.

That is a good point to be fair.

How many members have posted I never wanted him, even voting out on the numerous polls before coming out recently to praise him.

You call things as you see it at the time, not one of us will have a flawless history of opinions.

Still not a huge fan of the guy.....unless he's said something I agree with at the time.

4 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

But.. But.. Laura Woods 

Oh My God Wow GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, David said:

How many members have posted I never wanted him, even voting out on the numerous polls before coming out recently to praise him.

You call things as you see it at the time, not one of us will have a flawless history of opinions.

Still not a huge fan of the guy.....unless he's said something I agree with at the time.

My opinion's the same as it ever was tbf.

Needed to show a lot more tactically and positively affect games with his changes, which at times recently he has appeared to. Then again those changes could simply be him taking the only real option available, but I don't think that's the case.

Our current situation actually suits him. Similar to how Clough scrabbling about for bargains suited him. He can manage as an underdog but what happens when he has more options and the weight of expectation on him? We'll only know if/when that happens.

Doing an increasingly good job, but the hyperbole and fawning over him is all a bit silly.

Does having half a good season, speaking well / honestly to the media and not jumping at the earliest opportunity really warrant a bust/statue of him in the ground? Of course not, its a completely ridiculous idea.

3 hours ago, David said:

Hands up here , I didn’t want him , remained unconvinced last season , now for me I have the utmost respect for what he is doing under terrible circumstances and the way he has conducted himself with regards to Derby county as a club and it’s fans is just fantastic, a real football man ,,, he is everything lampard pretends to be ,

whatever happens this season Rooney is a legend for me ,someone who s hand I would love to shake 

The areas in which I think his coaching and game management are improved are....

1. That he makes positive changes sooner if things aren't working, and

2. he generally seems to be rotating players around the team less often and for fatigue reasons rather than endless tweaking of the formation. 

Still not perfect but better. 

His off field conduct however (apart from arse gate) has been exemplary and a huge inspiration. ?