Rooney 100% guarantee that no players leaving

Day

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

That semantics, he will no longer be a Derby player.

He looks to be a real talent that we are going to lose for what could prove to be pittance AGAIN!

We are being pillaged on a weekly basis by the Premier League Clubs

We can't compete with the Premier League Clubs, Plange I beleive could have left for a lot less at the end of the season, We've got him back if the reports are to be believed, Remember Marshall and Byrne from Wigan who we stole, Life aint fare when you're skint

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

That semantics, he will no longer be a Derby player.

He looks to be a real talent that we are going to lose for what could prove to be pittance AGAIN!

We are being pillaged on a weekly basis by the Premier League Clubs

You know he was going to sign a new contract with us at the end of the season do you?

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

As I mentioned on transfer thread - its not just us because of our position. The whole system stinks in favour of the PL - with all their funds lets them steal from lower clubs with minimal compensation. Needs sorting along with most other things in football finance. Chat re poor FFC earlier 

I expect they'll not be able to afford to replace whoever it is they're on about... 

I'd be surprised if Rooney didn't know this was a possibility.  I can't remember the exact words he used on players leaving but he bigged up Luke "best player on the pitch" and said he knew that the squad he has now is the squad he'll have for the rest of the season.  With a sale / loan back he has the same squad. 

On 30/01/2022 at 16:21, RoyMac5 said:

He got some terrible kicking today from the Brummy scummers with no protection from the ref at all.

Mmmh. I understand why you want to stand up for Joswiak, but he seems less stable on his feet than my Auntie Marge. I really never thought I would ever see any Derby player spend more time on the ground than Chris Martin, but Joswiak has surpassed him. If I was Mel Morris I might think about charging him ground rent.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Mmmh. I understand why you want to stand up for Joswiak, but he seems less stable on his feet than my Auntie Marge. I really never thought I would ever see any Derby player spend more time on the ground than Chris Martin, but Joswiak has surpassed him. If I was Mel Morris I might think about charging him ground rent.

He would be a top rugby winger

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I expect they'll not be able to afford to replace whoever it is they're on about... 

It's Fabio Carvalho and, at £5M, that's an even bigger steal than Plange at £1M. I doubt whether they will be able to replace him, like for like.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's Fabio Carvalho and, at £5M, that's an even bigger steal than Plange at £1M. I doubt whether they will be able to replace him, like for like.

But they were able to offer a new contract? So it's clear he doesn't want to stay.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Quick Kamil, he’s behind you!

0D8F73EF-C772-41DE-A607-077A3F7C261C.gif

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Got to agree. I was a fan early on after we signed him but he just hasn’t achieved enough considering how much we paid for him.

Rooney was careful with his wording yesterday. I took from it we would have the same squad to the end of the season and we have. Anyone saying he’s been lied to by admin and he’s lying to us needs to give their heads a wobble. Yes it’s bloody frustrating and soul destroying but we’ve got money to keep the club afloat while the takeover is hopefully sorted and we’ve still got Bielik Lawrence Bird Knight Buchanan and Festy. The great escape is very much on. 

I wonder if it's occurred to the Administrators that they could strike similar deals to the one for Plange for Lawrence, Buchanan, Ebosele, Knight, Bird and others.

I know they will be available for free at the end of the season but it may appeal to buyers to get ahead of the competition by snapping them up now.

The admins haven't lied to him. He said nobody would be leaving without his say so, and I believe he's gone along with this, probably after a pitch from the admins pointing out the difference it could make to the clubs running costs and the fact he comes back on loan

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rooney was careful with his wording yesterday. I took from it we would have the same squad to the end of the season and we have. Anyone saying he’s been lied to by admin and he’s lying to us needs to give their heads a wobble. Yes it’s bloody frustrating and soul destroying but we’ve got money to keep the club afloat while the takeover is hopefully sorted and we’ve still got Bielik Lawrence Bird Knight Buchanan and Festy. The great escape is very much on. 

Exactly right.  The squad now has less depth and fewer options than before, but provided most people stay fit this is still a very competitive team at this level.  Even if we do stay up and have new owners in place for August, one suspects that by then most of this squad will have either retired or been sold, which IMO is why the Academy products are so important, because next season will probably be built around them just as this one has been, whatever league we are in.

These players are potentially the saving grace in all this.  If we keep producing this kind of quality then (a) we can sell a few (b) we need to dip into the shark infested waters of the transfer market less and (c) these guys will run through walls for the shirt, as they are proving week in week out.  There is a connection between the high proportion of home grown talent on display and the level of support that their performances, win or lose, are generating.  We all feel it, and that's why Sunday was sold out.

If they had given up then we probably would have too.  However, because there is so much fight on display on the pitch, the whole football world is watching the drama, and many neutrals are rooting for us to succeed.  We seem to have gone from being the team people love to hate to a new position as everyone's favourite underdogs in a short space of time.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde