If you won £300m on the Lottery

SamUltraRam

3 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

This may have been done before but if you won the jackpot & made an offer to the administrators to buy Derby County, how would you deal with things afterwards ?

Think I would get the club & put some by to look after the infrastructure, gift the ground and training facilities to some kind of supporters trust but not be keen on funding future player deals/wages - that would have to self financing

Comedy replies are welcome, plus sensible ones

Firstly I'd welcome the opportunity to fight the parasites in court & subsequently sue them for vexatious claims. 

Like a couple of others have mentioned, I'd put the stadium into some kind of trust whereby a) the primary and priority use of the stadium is to host games for Derby County (other uses like concerts are allowed but are subordinate to the football) & b) future owners are able to yield revenue from matchday activities but never 'own' the stadium & hence are unable to break the link between club & stadium

I would continue placing strong emphasis on the Academy but ideally see a preference for picking up released Premiership Academy players from 15-18 & develop them within the club. Having kids from ages of 8/9 doesn't seem that worthwhile if Prem vultures can hoover them up for peanuts before we are allowed to offer a professional contract.

Appoint a Director of Football to oversee all aspects of the football operation - managing the Academy, negotiating transfers and contract negotiations & appointing managers. Remit would be to run the club as sustainably as possible while encouraging an attractive & successful style of play - no players to be purchased over 25 unless clear resale value or compelling reason (i.e. Curtis Davies type character) &  look to employ sensible wage cap in relation to rest of division (not the Prem parachute clubs). Look to improve overall quality of squad by selling players at peak value & take a long term approach to moving the club forward

Appoint a proper Board of Directors with power to scrutinise decisions & offer alternative points of view. At least two Board members to be from supporters groups - possible revolving terms to keep things fresh.

Extend South Stand as much as possible & convert it into rail seating so as to enable safe standing.

Open a Derby County museum with trophies, interactive activities & memorabilia on display and use it as an engagement piece with schools all over Derbyshire & border counties to get kids interested (possibly dovetail with limited North Stand ticket deals). Also work closely with supporters groups (esp Punjabi Rams) to see how the club can tap into potential support amongst all communities across the city & county

I think that's all from my manifesto at this time ?

18 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Firstly I'd welcome the opportunity to fight the parasites in court & subsequently sue them for vexatious claims. 

Like a couple of others have mentioned, I'd put the stadium into some kind of trust whereby a) the primary and priority use of the stadium is to host games for Derby County (other uses like concerts are allowed but are subordinate to the football) & b) future owners are able to yield revenue from matchday activities but never 'own' the stadium & hence are unable to break the link between club & stadium

I would continue placing strong emphasis on the Academy but ideally see a preference for picking up released Premiership Academy players from 15-18 & develop them within the club. Having kids from ages of 8/9 doesn't seem that worthwhile if Prem vultures can hoover them up for peanuts before we are allowed to offer a professional contract.

Appoint a Director of Football to oversee all aspects of the football operation - managing the Academy, negotiating transfers and contract negotiations & appointing managers. Remit would be to run the club as sustainably as possible while encouraging an attractive & successful style of play - no players to be purchased over 25 unless clear resale value or compelling reason (i.e. Curtis Davies type character) &  look to employ sensible wage cap in relation to rest of division (not the Prem parachute clubs). Look to improve overall quality of squad by selling players at peak value & take a long term approach to moving the club forward

Appoint a proper Board of Directors with power to scrutinise decisions & offer alternative points of view. At least two Board members to be from supporters groups - possible revolving terms to keep things fresh.

Extend South Stand as much as possible & convert it into rail seating so as to enable safe standing.

Open a Derby County museum with trophies, interactive activities & memorabilia on display and use it as an engagement piece with schools all over Derbyshire & border counties to get kids interested (possibly dovetail with limited North Stand ticket deals). Also work closely with supporters groups (esp Punjabi Rams) to see how the club can tap into potential support amongst all communities across the city & county

I think that's all from my manifesto at this time ?

You get my vote!

AH yes, assuming I had some change from firing certain people connected with our current difficulties into space...

Buy Pride Park and Moor Farm, lease them to DCFC in prepetuity.

Present Rushcliffe council with some planning schemes for a very lucrative luxury housing development in a certain site be the banks of the Trent, a site in which the council has, i believe, some stake. Obviously, issues surround the current use as venue for a sports team would have to be addressed, by removing said team to a nearby venue of emenant suitability.

Buy a new telly. A proper good one.

Probably buy the posh dog food in Mossirsons.

Buy players with one eye on selling them for a profit. 

Recruitment is the single most important factor in running a football club.

And Mel Morris and his advisors/recruitment team were abysmal at it.

Anyone who has played Football Manager or any other computer game succeeds by buying the best young players available and progressing year by year. Literally 10 year olds know this is the strategy for long-term success.

It really is that simple in real world football too (the idea I mean).

Of course putting it into practice is a lot more challenging as it requires stategic recruitment, the new hurdle of potential work permits and numerous other obstacles.

But Mel Morris didnt even attempt this route. He went full on the other way. Buy players with no sell-on value and high wages, with most players declining in ability during their time here while our wage bill grew out of control.

Any 10-year-old with an interest in football would have bettered our recruitment policy over the past six or seven years, it was that bad.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Buy players with one eye on selling them for a profit. 

Recruitment is the single most important factor in running a football club.

And Mel Morris and his advisors/recruitment team were abysmal at it.

Anyone who has played Football Manager or any other computer game succeeds by buying the best young players available and progressing year by year. Literally 10 year olds know this is the strategy for long-term success.

It really is that simple in real world football too (the idea I mean).

Of course putting it into practice is a lot more challenging as it requires stategic recruitment, the new hurdle of potential work permits and numerous other obstacles.

But Mel Morris didnt even attempt this route. He went full on the other way. Buy players with no sell-on value and high wages, with most players declining in ability during their time here while our wage bill grew out of control.

Any 10-year-old with an interest in football would have bettered our recruitment policy over the past six or seven years, it was that bad.

We'd certainly never have released Ton Ton Zola Moukoku and Paris Simmons. 

15 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

The answer is yes

id spunk every penny on this club.

first thing id rehire nigel but not before he signed a contract that never allowed him to replace a forward or midfielder with a defender lol

Have you seen what he is doing at my local MANSFIELD  !!  won last 6 or 7 games  scoring for free . Whats more depressing is we will almost certainly be playing Mansfield and prob losing to them next year . 

Edited by NottsRammy

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Whilst we all enjoyed mac1, I did feel Nigel was quite badly treated at the end and we all know he'd assembled a hell of a team that season.

We scored that lovely goal with about a million passes before he left.

If only he'd played John Eustace after going to the trouble of signing him, eh?

We'll never know.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Present Rushcliffe council with some planning schemes for a very lucrative luxury housing development in a certain site be the banks of the Trent, a site in which the council has, i believe, some stake. Obviously, issues surround the current use as venue for a sports team would have to be addressed, by removing said team to a nearby venue of emenant suitability.

You know, that's a great idea - I'd have them moved to the Gresham Playing fields near their Academy and make them play on those mudbath pitches - with a rope round the pitch to keep the three fans and a dog (red, of course) off the grass.