My heart is breaking we about to lose our team

B4ev6is

1 minute ago, Ramchop said:

It breaks my heart to hear you talk like this mate, you're always banging the drum and ever the optimist

As others have said, take a little break from checking the news every 5 mins, because right now there's not much we can do. 

Keep your chin up, and remember We're Derby County, we'll fight til the end! All those games where we pull it back from behind to win. How great does that feel? Well, we will have that feeling times a hundred thousand when we pull through the other side of this. The EFL have already scored an own goal so we need to push for a winner, and we have the support around the club and around football as a whole that the EFL, Boro, Wycombe, they are trying to hold out for a draw while we have gone all out attack. And Margaret Beckett has already exposed their full back and whipped in a great cross. Sooner or later that ball will be in the back of the net!

I  am sorry it all got to much for me I just want headlines to say Derby are saved and efl have dropped the matter points reward back to Derby.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am so sorry guys that I worried you all just finding all to much to handle at the moment I back to my supportive self.

BOOM!

Something, something, DNA, something Yoof!

Welcome back, buddy!  ??

FJfGedjXoAknWjm.jpg

Edited by Mucker1884

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I  am sorry it all got to much for me I just want headlines to say Derby are saved and efl have dropped the matter points reward back to Derby.

Like has been said, mate. Try not to follow the latest news 24/7 because you'll make every second of this torture count. 

Try to focus on other things. It will be hard but just watch a movie, go for a walk, catch up on a couple of things that you keep putting off. 

Everything that is happening is happening behind the scenes. Sure there's a few trumpets blown on social media but essentially nothing is changing day by day/hour by hour. 

Wycombe still are, Gibson always will be, Derby won't give up, The EFL are the EFL... so you're not going to miss anything by just stepping back from the noise. 

Don't torture yourself!!

Back in the early 2010,s can’t remember the year, Crystal Palace were in a similar position, I was in holiday in Weymouth and went and sat in the car listening to TalkSPORT, they were almost doing a countdown, I think it was with ten minutes to spare that the news came through that they were saved, look where they are now.

I realistically think that this is what will happen with Derby, times are tough enough as it is at the moment without beating yourself up over something that hasn’t happened yet.

13 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah, I'm trying to stay off social media as much as possible. I'm on a tight deadline for my thesis to be finished and this is deffo not the distraction I need. I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday ? 

Thanks!  Yeah is was lovely and was just the distraction I needed.  Massively busy at work too and the day I spent following all the events simply added to my already high stress levels not least putting me behind on my work!  Hence the delay in acknowledging your response - I took a break.  Onward and upward!

13 hours ago, Rammie16 said:

Spot on BucksRam.

I live next to a school and the parents parking outside my house winds me up every day. I now don't look outside the window at certain times. Truth is what you can't see/know can't hurt you.

Don't do on-line updates all the time (Derbyshire Live is the worst for winding everyone up).

Maybe choose 2 or 3 times every day to check for updates?

I'm a Mental Health nurse btw and happy to offer my support but I'm also finding it stressful myself.

B4 - I have some amazing colleagues in Derby who can give you great support along with me - you are not alone ok?

We are the family of Derby County; we look after each other.

Ray V

Thanks @Rammie16.  Life is stressful as it is - over the past 2 years we've all had COVID twice (quite badly), my wife's had cancer (now clear although awaiting result of her annual check), my Mum's having chemo for cervical cancer, one of my kids has got anxiety, work is manic and stressful - but that's not unique to me - many people, including many of those on this forum have their own crap to deal with. Add Derby to this and for many it probably feels like the final straw, not least the complete unjustness of it. 

So it's great you offer your and other's services.  It's a reminder to all not to suffer in silence.  It's so important people talk and don't bottle things up....and take time out where possible to breathe. 

Sadly, I can't avoid the t'interweb 'cos I work on it - I just try to avoid the DT's clickbait these days as they "know f-all about everything, and everything about f-all" as far as I'm concerned.

We lost my Dad on Armistice Day last year and I'm kindof glad he's not around to be witnessing this shambles.  He'd followed the Rams since WW2 (born in 1937) and used to walk with me to the BBG when we started going together in 1973.

It's a cr@ppy situation but I remember the last time we were in this kind of mess, so hope springs eternal!

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Back in the early 2010,s can’t remember the year, Crystal Palace were in a similar position, I was in holiday in Weymouth and went and sat in the car listening to TalkSPORT, they were almost doing a countdown, I think it was with ten minutes to spare that the news came through that they were saved, look where they are now.

I realistically think that this is what will happen with Derby, times are tough enough as it is at the moment without beating yourself up over something that hasn’t happened yet.

Very nice of you to say that Bobby........Are you slowly becoming a ram?

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Very nice of you to say that Bobby........Are you slowly becoming a ram?

I know what it’s like to have depression, wouldn’t wish it on anyone, you need to focus on the positive not the negatives.

as to becoming a Ram, no chance!!

On 20/01/2022 at 12:55, BucksRam said:

Thanks @Rammie16.  Life is stressful as it is - over the past 2 years we've all had COVID twice (quite badly), my wife's had cancer (now clear although awaiting result of her annual check), my Mum's having chemo for cervical cancer, one of my kids has got anxiety, work is manic and stressful - but that's not unique to me - many people, including many of those on this forum have their own crap to deal with. Add Derby to this and for many it probably feels like the final straw, not least the complete unjustness of it. 

So it's great you offer your and other's services.  It's a reminder to all not to suffer in silence.  It's so important people talk and don't bottle things up....and take time out where possible to breathe. 

Stay strong mate

Hoping the latest news can be the start of better things to come, tried to express what the club means to me:

I used to walk to the Pop Side with my Dad 

Now I walk with memories of what we had 

Past the vans and the smell of burgers 

The tribe gathers, the flock converges  

So please don't take my Derby away

In the stairwell I give a pause 

Above, the South Stand rises and roars 

Chants and songs that we all own 

As one, together, no one alone 

You are my Derby, My only Derby 

The referee was a joke 

Their goal a lucky toe-poke 

Fight on! all Rams say the same  

There is always the next game 

You make me happy, when skies are grey 

Suddenly a club in its death-throws 

Is there a future, no-one knows 

Soul of a city with all its history 

Are their hearts so bleak and wintry 

You’ll never notice, how much I love you 

A tiny baby inside a pram 

On his chest, proudly a ram 

I dream that one day my son will say 

I used to walk with my Dad down Pride Park Way  

So please don’t take my Derby away

Edited by borrowashram

6 minutes ago, borrowashram said:

Hoping the latest news can be the start of better things to come, tried to express what the club means to me:

The referee was a joke 

Beautiful; lovely words and meanings @borrowashram

7 minutes ago, borrowashram said:

The referee was a joke 

Brilliant ? Totally share your sentiments. Taken my dad, brother, friends, late daughter and my son to see the Rams over the years, fantastic memories. Let’s hope the latest news is the start of better things to come ??

How are you coping @B4ev6is??

You are what this forum is all about, positive, supportive, part of the forum family.

Hopefully it will be more good news than bad from now on.

The players need @B4ev6is cheering them on tomorrow.

We're all feeling pain over this, just keep talking/posting as you are not alone. We're in this together.

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

How are you coping @B4ev6is??

You are what this forum is all about, positive, supportive, part of the forum family.

Hopefully it will be more good news than bad from now on.

The players need @B4ev6is cheering them on tomorrow.

We're all feeling pain over this, just keep talking/posting as you are not alone. We're in this together.

I am okay now

Been with my best mate today who I have seen in a while.