Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

"Morrison now faces a three-match ban.

"I have not seen it back, and I might be proven wrong, I don't think it was a red card," Rooney said.

"I thought the referee, and I spoke to him at the end, calmly, I thought the game management from the referee was not good.

"I think he allowed them [Forest] to take too long on the free kicks they were getting towards the end and ultimately it killed the game off.

"It is an emotional game, a local Derby. I know players get frustrated when they feel it is the wrong decision against them, but I am fully with him, and the players, I support them.

"Of course we need to behave in the right way but it shows the players are fighting and care, and that they are giving everything to try and help this club."

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Agree about the squad strength, but I didn't think we played well today.

We haven’t passed the ball as poorly as that for a while have we?

I think that the trouble off the pitch added to the emotion on the pitch got the better of a few players today.  They are human after all.  

Cant believe some on here are calling the lads , was there today and i felt it was a game of very fine margins , toms miss in the 1st half , mckennas block on Ravs shot , not too much to divide either team , forest had a better 2nd half but rarely troubled , ref let occasion get to him at times , the booking for tom was laughable , and the bang to that comedy goalkeeper led him to believe he could fight the world.

This week the fight starts , hope a few heads have been wobbled and a sensible conclusion is reached , fingers crossed  COYR

Forest used 5 loan players today - one of whom signed this month - and also had one new signing in the starting XI. Derby have no loan signings, no new signings and have just lost 3 regular first-team players and 2 young occasional squad players. It's pretty remarkable that we made it a fairly even game which swung on major slices of luck, bad refereeing decisions and, to be fair, 2 good finishes from them.

I thought that Rooney's selections in the end didn't work and we got a bit sloppy chasing the game, but I don't feel particularly annoyed about the result because it could have gone the other way.

Fingers crossed now that Rooney stays and matters off the pitch take a step forward this week.

Glad that one is out of the way - we took 3 points from our last two games when realistically we'd have been happy with two draws.

Onto Birmingham next weekend - a good 8 day break for the boys to re-group and go and get 3 points to keep the pressure on.

We have to be the 12th man again next weekend like we have been so far. Don't let the game being on Sky put you off from going. We need 24k inside that ground again. 

COYR

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Forest used 5 loan players today - one of whom signed this month - and also had one new signing in the starting XI. Derby have no loan signings, no new signings and have just lost 3 regular first-team players and 2 young occasional squad players. It's pretty remarkable that we made it a fairly even game which swung on major slices of luck, bad refereeing decisions and, to be fair, 2 good finishes from them.

I thought that Rooney's selections in the end didn't work and we got a bit sloppy chasing the game, but I don't feel particularly annoyed about the result because it could have gone the other way.

Fingers crossed now that Rooney stays and matters off the pitch take a step forward this week.

Yes 5 loan players starting kind of tells you that the manager thinks the ones permanently employed are not very good ! And there is a lot of them 

12 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

All part of it.  Sibley ignored him 

As I already posted, he didn't he'd previously had a little flick kick at Colbeck after a challenge when Colbeck was on the ground. Fortunately missed by the ref. As was Stears slapping one of their players! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

48 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Shame we changed a lot of the things that we’ve been doing well today, we seemed to be more bothered about matching up to them than playing our game.

I think fatigue also played a part on the pitch too, it’s been a physical and emotional rollercoaster for everyone. Today was where we missed Shinnie and jags.

We started brightly enough, but Cooper put a stop to that with a smart tactical change.

Lawrence tucks that first chance away and it’s a different game. Sadly not to be.

Morrisons red maybe harsh, certainly in light of Grabban and Samba’s transgressions. That said I don’t understand why Morrison gets on the field well before Sibley or anyone else. Sure if we’re winning bring him on to strangle the life out of the game, but if we’re chasing then forget it!

On to the next one and hopefully we get back to doing things our way!

I agree, when I saw the team sheet, I thought the same.  We changed a team that’s been winning recently because of the match.  Wayne should have treated this as just another match.

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I agree, when I saw the team sheet, I thought the same.  We changed a team that’s been winning recently because of the match.  Wayne should have treated this as just another match.

Plange looked mostly lost. It need CKR on from the start. TBH it needed him on all game.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yes 5 loan players starting kind of tells you that the manager thinks the ones permanently employed are not very good ! And there is a lot of them 

It's a sensible policy when your managers rarely last the season.

It'd be interesting to see how they'd fare operating under our constraints.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Morrison now faces a three-match ban.

"I have not seen it back, and I might be proven wrong, I don't think it was a red card," Rooney said.

"I thought the referee, and I spoke to him at the end, calmly, I thought the game management from the referee was not good.

"I think he allowed them [Forest] to take too long on the free kicks they were getting towards the end and ultimately it killed the game off.

1st off I don't like this ref, Just don't...so no surprise there, Morrison sending off is what it is in todays game, RM goes with studs showing, Hit's the top half of the ball then his leg carrys through, Not a sending off for me...but hey ho i'm not the ref