What action can fans take against Wycombe and Middlesbrough

Curtains

If Derby went under because of claims from Boro and Wycombe I can see some of our less reasonable fans causing trouble for them clubs further down the line. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some of our fans go to a Wycombe game to cause trouble if there was no Derby game to go to on a Saturday. 

Edited by dcfcgodd

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't we fly a drone or plane over the ground during the game with a banner protesting against Gibson.

Failing that lace his half time cup of tea with Rohypnol so he forgets about the whole thing.

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't we fly a drone or plane over the ground during the game with a banner protesting against Gibson.

Failing that lace his half time cup of tea with Rohypnol so he forgets about the whole thing.

Suggest the Rohypnol, a goat and several Polaroid photos.

On 09/01/2022 at 15:58, angieram said:

How many posters advocating we boycott the Middlesbrough game are regular away attenders themselves? 

Curious to know as none of the people I chat to at away matches are intending to boycott. 

Not sure about the relevance of that tbh. People can have a view on boycotting without regularly attending away games. 

Fans at The Riverside  - and at PPS, every game - should hold up 'Joker' cards (A4 or A3 size) aimed at Gibson & Couhig (but not bearing their faces - they might go legal(!) - and just chant, all game:

"DROP THE CLAIM, SAVE THE GAME"  or some such slogan.

I remember how effective the Red Card campaign was against the Three Amigos at the start of official protests, culminating in the bank petition.

Widen the campaign to public and wider (press) media, I'm not convinced MFC & WW fan 'appeals' will do anything.

We bombarded Maxwell's phone lines, jammed the switchboard - maybe Rams fans en bloc should send a standard 'DROP THE CLAIM' narrative to the media / legal contacts at MFC & WW?

My suggested “Drop the Claim” Campaign :-

"We call on Middlesbrough FC and Wycombe Wanderers to drop their unfounded and undefined compensation claims against Derby County Football Club. Derby fans point out the following:

* Derby County received points penalties for FFP & P&S breaches according to EFL Regulations

* Derby County has already received full and final punishment for apparent financial breaches

* MFC & WW are not creditors and have no declared legal claim for payments from Derby County

* MFC & WW appear to be seeking to delay or damage plans for a takeover at Derby County FC

* MFC & WW are bringing the game into disrepute by moving their failure on the pitch to a legal arena

* MFC & WW are culpable in mobilising bad feeling and fan hostility in national and social media

* Derby County has been under transfer embargoes for two years, limiting their squad strength – along with points penalties incurred, the club may now suffer relegation, adding further punishment.

* No good can come of any ‘successful’ claim, beyond benefiting the selfish motives of MFC & WW – and opening a can of worms for football authorities to see other clubs fighting future legal claims between fellow competitors. Keep football on the pitch – not in the law courts!"

C O Y R

JOKER.jpg

50 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The relevance is why should people that don’t go anyway tell people that do not to go.

Because the question of boycotting is one that goes beyond mere attendance of regular fixtures. I've not seen anyone demand of others not to go but putting forward their perspective on what action would be for the best. People can have varied perspectives on that whether or not they regularly go to away games.