What's the most valuable thing you have ever lost (financially or sentimentally)

Bob The Badger

I ended up in the watch thread by mistake and it made me realise that I hadn't seen a Tag Heuer that I've had 25 years since we moved back to the UK.

I cannot find it anywhere. I'm honestly not sure what it's worth, other than I know it cost me £750 when I bought it.

I'm a tad bummed though even if I haven't worn it since the battery went 3 or 4 years ago and I couldn't be bothered to get it changed and serviced after being told it was $250 and 3 or 4 weeks to do it.

I doubt I'd wear it anyway as I wear an Apple watch, but that's not really the point.

I also had the shirt that Roy Mac wore for the Charity Shield in 1975. He gave it my dad for helping him with his testimonial and I lost it in the move out the to the US. Especially annoyed about that.

I'm still raging about the mountain bike that I had pinched whilst i was at university. That and South Wales' police sending me a letter saying "err we haven't found it, so unless you've got something else, we consider this matter closed". It was  nice one. First "proper" mountain bike i'd owned.

However, I think we all need to spare a thought for the NFT bro who lost his money by having his ape NFT stolen from him.

Well I feel a bit silly now.

I mentioned it to the wife last night and she said 'I put it ion my jewellery box when we came back for sake keeping after you asked me to look after it you stupid top hat'

She then went upstairs and brought it down.

So...er....anyway, for me it would be a Roy McFarland shirt I had.

Anybody want to buy a Tag Heuer?

42 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Well I feel a bit silly now.

I mentioned it to the wife last night and she said 'I put it ion my jewellery box when we came back for sake keeping after you asked me to look after it you stupid top hat'

She then went upstairs and brought it down.

So...er....anyway, for me it would be a Roy McFarland shirt I had.

Anybody want to buy a Tag Heuer?

Maybe she's got the shirt too ?

When I was 15 I went to see The Fall in BoT and managed to blag my way backstage. 

Think I must've annoyed Mark E Smith as he shoved me away saying "I'll talk to ya later!" So I went over to sit and speak with his wife / bass player Brix E Smith (before she got with that violin bothering villa fan).

When I asked for her autograph I only had a packet of Durex to sign (15 year olds carried these for bugger all reason!)

She wrote "Love & Sex Brix E Smith"

Class!

My misses threw it out!

11 hours ago, RebelScum said:

When I was 15 I went to see The Fall in BoT and managed to blag my way backstage. 

Think I must've annoyed Mark E Smith as he shoved me away saying "I'll talk to ya later!" So I went over to sit and speak with his wife / bass player Brix E Smith (before she got with that violin bothering villa fan).

When I asked for her autograph I only had a packet of Durex to sign (15 year olds carried these for bugger all reason!)

She wrote "Love & Sex Brix E Smith"

Class!

My misses threw it out!

Was it still an unopened packet?

Bereavements aside, I have never lost anything of real value that could not be replaced. I don't count cash, cars or things like that as 'valuable', and I don't attach much sentimental value to 'stuff' really. 

The weirdest feeling I ever had was about 25 years ago in Ilkeston Bowl. I had just bowled my first 300 and had been (understandably) elated - only a few moments later to suddenly have this huge regret that something I had strived for so hard and for so long was so totally unimportant and worthless once I had actually achieved that ambition which I had attached so much importance to.

11 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I lost my Wife almost 7 years ago.

Im sorry all, It's my black humour, She bailed out almost 7 years ago, Not dead, Or i've not heard she is, We had a row of biblical proportions right outside the North Stand on the steps after the Chesterfield cup game in January 2015.

Cost me a lot of loot to get her out asap, £7k for rent while I stayed to sell, And then she still got 60% of the house sale I made sure she was set then there would be no comeback, I divorced her Sept 2019, Being single at my age is something I cherish, Had several Lady friends, But not prepared to lose what i've made of my life.

Again sorry for the tom foolery, And thanks for the tears, You can all delete now if you wish and put a laughing emoji there instead ?