What's the most valuable thing you have ever lost (financially or sentimentally)

Bob The Badger

On 10/01/2022 at 09:09, Unlucky Alf said:

Im sorry all, It's my black humour, She bailed out almost 7 years ago, Not dead, Or i've not heard she is, We had a row of biblical proportions right outside the North Stand on the steps after the Chesterfield cup game in January 2015.

Cost me a lot of loot to get her out asap, £7k for rent while I stayed to sell, And then she still got 60% of the house sale I made sure she was set then there would be no comeback, I divorced her Sept 2019, Being single at my age is something I cherish, Had several Lady friends, But not prepared to lose what i've made of my life.

Again sorry for the tom foolery, And thanks for the tears, You can all delete now if you wish and put a laughing emoji there instead ?

I put a laughing emoji by mistake and just scrambled to change it in time. 

Was the argument about playing Albentosa in a back 3?

8 hours ago, sage said:

I put a laughing emoji by mistake and just scrambled to change it in time. 

Was the argument about playing Albentosa in a back 3?

?, No, We were married as teens(1976 shotgun)another child soon followed , Had sod all in money, Went through the Miners strike(I was at Orgreave)Falklands war, Thatcherism, 5million unemployed as I was for 3.5 years from early 81-late 84, Tough times but we were happy, Got a job driving, I was there 12 years then was made redundant, Went to work fitting canal boats out(hated it)but it was a wage, Then busted my head open while fitting water pipes in the boats(hit a protruding metal pipe)walked to my local with a bump and bandage over the cut.

All my mates had a giggle, One asked was I still at the boat yard, Yep, Do you want a job at RR, You bet, I can get you an interview he said, 1 month later I get the calling to work at RR, We never looked back, The money you can earn was mind blowing, I bacame a Senior Union Official, Jollies left right and centre, She was working fulltime, Bought our 1st property, Then cars, Then holidays, North America, Europe, It was like we won the lottery.

Then 2 Grandsons were born, She spent a lot of her spare time visiting them while I went to PP(she was a ST holder but called it a day)Took the Grandson who was 4 to the game with Chesterfield she went to, Didn't want to miss not being with the young man, Anyway keeping a 4 year old occupied who has no interest in football is a task for a saint, He kept kicking the seat in front and jumping up and down, Guy infront asked us to keep him quiet(and rightly so)so I just grabbed him to calm him down, She went off the Richter Scale...don't you ever do that again she said, We had a staring competion for what seemed an age, We were due to go away in a couple of weeks to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversay, Walking out the ground I told her that the celebration was off, She said in that case...the whole things off, What I said, You want out of the marriage...yes!, Well Beelzebub came out of me plus a raging volcano, She got the lot on the steps outside of the North Stand, The crowd was like a parting of the waves with Moses, They steared clear of this nutter, We got to the top of the steps and she said and I quote..."I can't believe we're splitting up after all these years" well you can imagine who else came out and it wasn't an Angel.

There's more to the story than above, The last 20 years she developed a horrible snore, I had to move into the spare room to get some kip for all those years, I can hear flies fart, She would sleep through a hurricane, Every holiday we had I had to go back to the hotel to catch up on the sleep I missed out on, When getting home from our last holiday Sorento Italy 2 months before the split, I told her to try and get her snoring sorted out if not holidays together are out, She said she aint doing that, As she had a new hip fitted years before and yes I looked after her as any man worth his salt would, So it was a no no, The seeds were set, Now she has a best mate, Who I would argue knew her as good as I did, Women talk to women that they dont talk to their men about, Pretty sure she told her about Sorento, And i'm pretty sure a split was on the agenda, She was biding her time and waiting for an excuse, Well she didn't wait long did she.

I divorced her in 2019, She got the lions share of the house sale and cash to boot, And to cut a very long story short, I couldn't be more content with life, Sold my home this week, Moving to Duffield as i've bought a beautifull apartment...yes life is good ?

I could write a book about my escapades of life, Done some bad things, But more good things, She's now shacked up with a guy I can not stand, 47 years ago he cost me my liberty(HMP)I hold grudges...still!

• 1 month later...