The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

We are odds-on to down, yes, but 1/8 understates our chances of staying up! 

The best price is 2/7 which gives us a 22% chance (i.e. double the chance of 1/8).

Of course, even that understates our chances of staying up. Not by much, mind you.

Bookies have to make a profit. So whatever odds they quote you can say we will be more likely to go down than the bookies are quoting. Our chances of staying up are not 22%, not when we are 5 points behind Reading who have a game in hand. .   

32 minutes ago, jono said:

Which won’t happen because if that happens the HMRC will get little or nothing. HMRC don’t care (and nor should they) whether we get another points deduction. They want dosh .. nothing else. 

My concern as a fan is to avoid the -15 because that will mean league 2 in all likelihood. I could stomach relegation but having accepted that as a sad outcome of the EFL’s poisonous management of its rule book .. The kick while you’re down and “fighting against the odds again” scenario would be sickening., wrong, and unjust. 

Sad thing is .. I can see it coming. We will get -15 next season regardless. It’s what they do. Sport ? Fair Play ? Decency ? Proportionate ? The EFL is nasty, vindictive, hypocritical, self serving, pompous, ineffective, weak, self serving and … pretty effing useless all things considered. 

Well that’s me off to a good start after my red card and free holiday granted by @David and @GboroRam  I probably deserved it but I was thinking more along the lines of Monaco, St Tropez or Sardinia. I ended up in Skegness ! Don’t do it …ever ! … jeez… Parry and Gibson still selling ice creams though .. I wanted a 99 but they only did -21’s and offered Frizz free perm vouchers for the ladies at a local salon. The chipboard in the Chalet had blown, it was damp and cold. “En suite shower” ? Stand I. The rain outside you’re own front door .. ! Nice !
There wasn’t anyone there either, except some chancer bloke from High Wycombe putting foreign coins in the slot machines while slipping security free pints to security to turn a blind eye. The beer was a bit like that story about the similarity of Ansels  Bitter and making love in a punt .. both ducking close to water.  Anyway I’ll keep my mouth shut in future and try and stay off the politics thread. 

Did you expect the same treatment as Lawrence and off to somewhere hot?

20 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Did you expect the same treatment as Lawrence and off to somewhere hot?

Without a shadow of doubt. ? ( obviously ?

And then welcomed back as a messiah .. not that I have ego problems or anything like that ?

People wondering why everything has gone quiet. The cliff edge has been removed, we’re not going to be kicked out of the league this season therefore admins have breathing space to get the best possible deal done. Don’t get the obsession with PB being named this week other than it’s another Quantuma failed deadline. The PB was to ensure we keep players for this season and hopefully relax some embargo restrictions to bring players in. We’re past that point now.

Yes we need the PB announced so Rooney can start planning for next season but to be honest, this season’s fight is the focus, last year’s preseason was complete and utter chaos and he’s coped but pulled together a team who have given an outstanding effort this season. As long as PB announced by end of the season any preseason will be better than the last one, therefore I’m sure we will cope and achieve objectives whatever division we are in.

Its if we get to the end of the season and we’re still none the wiser on the PB and the route out of administration, that’s when we really need to panic. 

9 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Anyway, aside from that, sorry to hear your big deal fell through.

What's your next move in cornering the second-hand bicycle market in Tissington?

Well I was only a very small cog in that deal but wasted untold hours whilst the big boys squabbled.

Anyway I've got to shift a load of sealing wax before I move onto second hand bikes- thought I'd upsell with floats so they can cross the ford there

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Bookies in this Era always make a profit..thats why they are accountants in reality not bookmakers. The true bookmaker that would back his own judgment disappeared from the game decades ago sadly.

Bookies never backed their own judgment. They were bookies not punters. Always been about balancing the book. 

4 minutes ago, winktheram said:

Bookies never backed their own judgment. They were bookies not punters. Always been about balancing the book. 

They certainly did..you obviously didn't deal with rails bookies back in the day..they would lay horses to tens of thousands over the odds available based on their knowledge and judgment - very successfully to.

Complete curved ball given the discussion for the last few pages, so your help is needed!

I have been working on an email to Rick Parry, but need his email. I know it was mentioned on this thread, but that was about 3 billion pages ago. Can anyone help me?

Cheers in anticipation!

20 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Complete curved ball given the discussion for the last few pages, so your help is needed!

I have been working on an email to Rick Parry, but need his email. I know it was mentioned on this thread, but that was about 3 billion pages ago. Can anyone help me?

Cheers in anticipation!

rparry@efl.com

39 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Also missed 

Fatalist:  all events are predetermined and therefore inevitable so empty or full it doesn’t matter 

Conspiracist - it's half full but probably contains a tracking device so I'll be fooked if I'm drinking it. 

24 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Cheers in anticipation!

rparry@efl.com

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Cheers in anticipation!

rparry@instevegibsonspocket.com