The Administration Thread

Boycie

On 25/02/2022 at 10:50, atherstoneram said:

Being named as preferred bidder doesn't alter anything,they still have to satisfy the EFL and come to an agreement with a business plan regarding exiting administration. The administrators are still in charge until someone is actually named as the owner of the club.

I see. 

Thanks for clarifying mate

That article misses the point. It's about the HMRC debt. They effectively claim that the issue is the unsecured creditors. That is only a small difference.  Paying them 15% rather 25% is probably less that a £million. No bidder is going to lose 15 points to save that.

The difference is that a CVA gives HMRC a veto. I don't believe that HMRC will agree to anything less than 100%. That means about £60m to get a CVA. 

I believe that the viable alternative is a restructuring plan which squeezes HMRC into being just another unsecured creditor. That is against current EFL guidelines and will result in a 15 point penalty, but should enable a takeover to go through for about £30m.

Honestly, I don't think we need to worry about the existence of the club - there are three credible parties able to complete a takeover.  However, I can't see any way that we will avoid the 15 point penalty. 

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That article misses the point. It's about the HMRC debt. They effectively claim that the issue is the unsecured creditors. That is only a small difference.  Paying them 15% rather 25% is probably less that a £million. No bidder is going to lose 15 points to save that.

The difference is that a CVA gives HMRC a veto. I don't believe that HMRC will agree to anything less than 100%. That means about £60m to get a CVA. 

I believe that the viable alternative is a restructuring plan which squeezes HMRC into being just another unsecured creditor. That is against current EFL guidelines and will result in a 15 point penalty, but should enable a takeover to go through for about £30m.

Honestly, I don't think we need to worry about the existence of the club - there are three credible parties able to complete a takeover.  However, I can't see any way that we will avoid the 15 point penalty. 

Nixon mostly gets his stuff from EFL. Who do not have any idea really, and it mostly isn't anything to do with them. There is potential for further penalty (up to a maximum of 15 points) if unescured creditors do not get 25p in the £1 . That is very unlikley though as you say, and not what I would expect based on what Q have been saying. .

2 minutes ago, one_chop said:

We are as a club entering our death throes. I've said all along Liquidation is coming over the horizon. Ships about to port guys.

I saw the icon of a chop on the main categories...

I expected good breaking news...

Not this!

PS Wouldn't a skull and crossbones or grim reaper sickle be more apt?

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

£8 mill to Arsenal for Beilik and money for Kamil, doesn’t seem to add up?

I think we were told that a chunk was paid off for Joswiak in January, using the withheld tv money.

Bielik fee wasn't £8m up front, as part of his fee included add-ons that will be nowhere near being met so far.

Edited by Carnero

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

£8 mill to Arsenal for Beilik and money for Kamil, doesn’t seem to add up?

That's because those figures are from the EFL press, Percy, Durham  and co. From Quantuma's statement in November we owed about £8m in total so how it was ever £8 m for Beilik alone only Percy will be able to tell you. Since November we have made further large payments to Arsenal, Lech and Wigan. So my guess is between £5 m and £6 m owed, but check with Ghost of Clough who is our accounting guru.