The Administration Thread

Boycie

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Funny old game football.

Mike Ashley might have to pay as much as £50m to buy our club, squad, and the freehold of the stadium too.

Meanwhile a club 80 miles to the north are worried tonight that their £52m investment in an average full back might be at risk because he allegedly regularly has problem keeping his sausage in his shorts.

BB4B017C-0300-4A4F-9F3A-05FD215CFDF0.png

I was going to say Trippier was his surname, not an order.

Then I realised you meant a different full back, in a team on the opposite side of the country, for whom Trippier is the basis of his defence.

I wonder what has made him change his mind? There was obviously the mention of him before, but that was more due to the fact that we were available, he'd just sold Newcastle and had a load of black and white ties already in his wardrobe. There was never any real confirmation that he was interested

Now there is reportedly real interest, and he's "preparing a bid" that would beat the existing one, why the wait? Is it because actually on the pitch we're doing better than any really thought we would and he might not have to spend years owning a League One team? I don't really get it. The reported bid is in the figure that has always been reported. And we've been available for months, so much so that the administrators were putting their email address on Twitter so if you fancied buying a club, just drop them a few lines.

Just seems like strange timing, and if he was really interested this could have all been dealt with a while ago.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I wonder what has made him change his mind? There was obviously the mention of him before, but that was more due to the fact that we were available, he'd just sold Newcastle and had a load of black and white ties already in his wardrobe. There was never any real confirmation that he was interested

Now there is reportedly real interest, and he's "preparing a bid" that would beat the existing one, why the wait? Is it because actually on the pitch we're doing better than any really thought we would and he might not have to spend years owning a League One team? I don't really get it. The reported bid is in the figure that has always been reported. And we've been available for months, so much so that the administrators were putting their email address on Twitter so if you fancied buying a club, just drop them a few lines.

Just seems like strange timing, and if he was really interested this could have all been dealt with a while ago.

It’s his business MO. He waits until the 11th hour and swoops in, bowling everyone else out of the way.

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Nixon saying no bid when he asked not long ago? Could Admins just be trying to push up the price?

No .

He hasn’t bid yet but is going to 

“Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is preparing a formal £50m offer to buy Derby County.”

Edited by Curtains

1 hour ago, jono said:

Total rubbish. There is no debt to Wycombe or Borough .. just allegations and an unresolved claim . Any buyer can accept those as part of the risk they take on when they buy. If Nixon said that then he is more ignorant than I thought. 

If there’s anyone would ignore the claims it is Ashley   El Chappo too perhaps 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

It’s his business MO. He waits until the 11th hour and swoops in, bowling everyone else out of the way.

Hopefully it's part of his MO to get things concluded quickly then. I hope he knows the ins and outs and isn't going to spend weeks analysing it before submitting whatever has been prepared.

Those two Scottish businessmen that were involved early on but walked away were linked to Ashley. Perhaps they retrieved all the information for him, then 'withdrew' so Ashley could assess without putting his hat in the ring.

Why does the astute businessman who held his nerve and got £300m - when he was told he wouldn't get £200m - burning a hole in his pocket,  wait to see what deals look likely,  and keep his cards close to his chest? When he can wear a Derby jacket to the game and spout how loaded he is to anyone who will listen?

Edited by Chester40

40 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Year upon year of mediocrity, a fan base completely disgruntled, a stadium falling apart (there is a great tweet out there about a fan who took his own screwdriver/screws to fix his seat), crap football and no desire on what to achieve in the future.

Yes I want the club run on a sensible ship but do we honestly want this bloke to be the one who does it. Has anyone actually read about how Sports Direct treat their staff up in Chesterfield? If you haven’t - just Google it.

Sorry but Appleby and co over this guy any time of the day.

Oh and whoever posted that one of the positives was selling to a Saudi Prince… made me laugh for sure.

Last time I poked my nose out of my front door, Shirebrook wasn't in Chesterfield 

Just now, Chester40 said:

Why does the astute businessman who held his nerve and got £300m - when he was told he wouldn't get £200m - burning a hole in his pocket,  wait to see what deals loom likely,  and keep his cards close to his chest? When he can wear a Derby jacket to the game and spout how loaded he is to anyone who will listen?

What?

29 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've got to agree that Ashley ruined Newcastle, a great club with a recent history of winning the league, cup and european competitions multiple times, just before his ownership of the club or maybe not.

He will be interested in getting a return on his investment, which means getting Derby into the Premier. He was criticised at the toon for his lack of capital investment investment in the stadium and training facilities, these investments aren't guaranteed to bring success, as we can show. Fortunately, our ground and training facilities can survive for a few years without any major investment. So, any investment he makes, would be towards strengthening the squad and/or coaching staff.

Newcastle were not doing much just before Ashley took over, and they were in big debt I think. Ruined seems a strong word.

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Newcastle United have never won a trophy of note. Ashley kept them in the Premier league for the most part and financially stable. Given their history I can only think that his tenure was one of the most successful.

They also won the championship after being relegated which is more than Derby have achieved in recent history.

55 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Can’t wait for the stadiums new name…..

The SportsDirect Arena at the the House of Fraser pride park football stadium for football. 

Ashley could build a new stadium , in the Spurs mould and tell Mel to do one. There is a lot of available land around Shirebrook.