The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

He's hardly just a 'self declared expert' That's a label that would be more aptly applied to most of us?

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/management/staff/kieran-maguire/

It's rather contradictory to argue that he doesn't know what he's talking when, according to other posters, he's to blame for tipping the EFL off about our non straight line amortisation policy when there accountants hadn't spotted it themselves! Can't really have it both ways can we?

Well I guess it all depends from which neck of the woods you come from, One thing i've learned in life...only grass on those that hurt those who are unable to fight back, Otherwise I say nowt.

Maguire is on record saying he was elbowed several times by the EFL when he brought up our accounting methods, Eventually someone somewhere had a nose...and the rest is history.

Never trust a "Journalist" or a Grass?

23 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

He's hardly just a 'self declared expert' That's a label that would be more aptly applied to most of us?

It's rather contradictory to argue that he doesn't know what he's talking when, according to other posters, he's to blame for tipping the EFL off about our non straight line amortisation policy when there accountants hadn't spotted it themselves! Can't really have it both ways can we?

We're all unhappy about the situation the club is in but blaming Maquire is nothing more than shooting the messenger. Mel Morris got us into this mess - no-one else.

His Price of Football podcast (with Kevin Day) is a good listen if you're at all interested in the business/finance side of the game. Having listened to most of them, the only 'agenda' him and Kevin Day have got is that they want to see clubs run in a financially sustainable manner and better governance across football has a whole. What's not to like? He's one of the good guys.

I've listened to one of his podcasts, and I thought then what I thought tonight, almost every single thing he said was completely wrong ,  he talks rubbish.  Every single thing he said tonight was factually incorrect. He was a total emabarrassment, cringeworthingly bad.  

He may be good with spreadsheets but he knows nothing at all about the rules of football , the law, business, finance or football. Even worse, he pretends that he does.  

27 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

We're all unhappy about the situation the club is in but blaming Maquire is nothing more than shooting the messenger. Mel Morris got us into this mess - no-one else.

His Price of Football podcast (with Kevin Day) is a good listen if you're at all interested in the business/finance side of the game. Having listened to most of them, the only 'agenda' him and Kevin Day have got is that they want to see clubs run in a financially sustainable manner and better governance across football has a whole. What's not to like? He's one of the good guys.

I’m not blaming him, I just hate he always get called up or cited as if he’s the be all and end all on football finance.

Yes he knows a fair bit in general, but his word is almost taken as a gospel by some, yet he’s less likely to know the ins and outs of Derby’s finances than a fair few people, so please forgive me, for not accepting everything he utters about Derby County as being 100% accurate or having to accept his viewpoint on everything to do with our situation, it’s just his opinion, no more.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I've listened to one of his podcasts, and I thought then what I thought tonight, almost every single thing he said was completely wrong ,  he talks rubbish.  Every single thing he said tonight was factually incorrect. He was a total emabarrassment, cringeworthingly bad.  

He may be good with spreadsheets but he knows nothing at all about the rules of football , the law, business, finance or football. Even worse, he pretends that he does.  

He’s always struck me as being a prime example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

2 hours ago, Red Ram said:

It was literally spelt out in the notes to the accounts.

There were plenty of us on here who spotted it too.