The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Ashley won’t fund a league 2 team so forget that. Appleby fell in love with the club because of its history and when we start again all that history is gone. The binnies would be a good bet. I’d rather a club if history than being named afc Derby. Tbh I don’t think I would rush to buy a season ticket. Like I’ve said all 72 clubs get a vote and I’d say more than half hate us so I wouldn’t be so sure we’d even get league 2 

Personally, I'd be far more likely to buy a season ticket if we were a properly competitive League 2 side, than an indebted, embargoed Leage 1 team starting with -15 and ongoing court cases to be settled.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Personally, I'd be far more likely to buy a season ticket if we were a properly competitive League 2 side, than an indebted, embargoed Leage 1 team starting with -15 and ongoing court cases to be settled.

Hopefully it won’t come to that ?

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just been pondering exactly what punishments we have had or are currently under, from the EFL.

1. -21 points

2. Transfer embargo for 4 windows to date?

3. Wage cap (£4k) ?

4. No loan fees can be paid

5. No £8m covid payment that all other clubs had

6. Witholding TV money

7. £100k fine

8. No contracts can be renewed.

Is there anything else?

Kept hold of the change when Mel once went to a meeting there and sent out for tea and sarnies with a fifty.

Efl apparently asked if they could keep the change for sweets, an arbitration meeting revealed.

Something I've wondered about, just a hypothetical.

How would the parasite claims be considered by a club not in administration?

Would they be expected to consider them in their accounts before they became an actual cost?

Would that affect the clubs P&S submissions for that year or only if and when they became an actual cost?

I don't know if anyone has any ideas on this, but it does give rise to some interesting scenarios. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Not that I would want this to happen, but I am pretty sure the League Two clubs would vote us in there. We would be a very big draw for them.

When we were at Forest Green Rovers earlier in the season they were most looking forward to playing us and Sunderland if they got promoted.

If we are liquidated we are out of the EFL altogether so no league2 for sure!

A precedent has been set with Bury so we’ll be in the same tier as them. No one is giving us any advantage over another club who’ve been in the same situation, for legal reasons.

1 hour ago, ripleyram88 said:

It wouldn't be at the expense of another club, with only 2 teams going down to league one, it would be 1 short, most likely then an extra team from league 2 would be promoted to replace, leaving a space in league 2.

Don't think people realise though that this plan leaves us with no staff or players, first team or academy. 

It's a bit of a dirty trick by the efl if true. Pay £30m for a league 1 team or let us liquidate and pick up a league 2 team for nothing. The investors currently looking at it would surely do that. 

Obviously the option to have next to zero costs is best for an owner and a new owner obviously would be shutting the academy anyway if in league two or below which could happen in league one as well - why pay £6 million a year and watch all the good youngsters walk away for next to nothing and that’s in the championship! 

17 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

Something I've wondered about, just a hypothetical.

How would the parasite claims be considered by a club not in administration?

Would they be expected to consider them in their accounts before they became an actual cost?

Would that affect the clubs P&S submissions for that year or only if and when they became an actual cost?

I don't know if anyone has any ideas on this, but it does give rise to some interesting scenarios. 

Maybe they would just claim against another club or two to even it out ?

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just been pondering exactly what punishments we have had or are currently under, from the EFL.

1. -21 points

2. Transfer embargo for 4 windows to date?

3. Wage cap (£4k) ?

4. No loan fees can be paid

5. No £8m covid payment that all other clubs had

6. Witholding TV money

7. £100k fine

8. No contracts can be renewed.

Is there anything else?

Every third game on TV and remember we didn’t actually break any rules whilst if the EFL interpretation is used we would have been over FFP by £4 million - doesn’t compare with most clubs does it? 

22 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

If we are liquidated we are out of the EFL altogether so no league2 for sure!

A precedent has been set with Bury so we’ll be in the same tier as them. No one is giving us any advantage over another club who’ve been in the same situation, for legal reasons.

I really don’t worry about precedent being set at any time with the EFL because they either make new stuff up all the time or simply change their minds when it suits them. As we know they do not act as a court of law acts.

2 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

We wouldn’t own pride park as Mel would own it so we would have to buy the ground or msd would own it. We’d also have to rent the training ground and they’ve got a charge because of Derby so who’s to stop whoever owns the training ground from saying on your bike? 

also the other clubs have to vote us back in. How likely is that to happen. Ohh you’ve liquidated and got all your debt written off and bury had to start again in the basement league but it’s alright we will give you a place in league 2 at the expense of somebody in the national league? 

It wouldn't be at the expense of a National League side.

If Derby were liquidated:

Championship: 2 relegated (normally 3)

L1: 3 promoted, 3 relegated (normally 4)

L2: 4 promoted, 2 relegated

NL: 2 promoted