The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, who is the bidder who will not be named?

I'm hoping for wild inaccurate speculation so I'm going to go with George Clooney and the one direction bloke.

I'm guessing he is on about Steve Morgan.

The name has been mentioned but he himself has kept it quiet.

Funnily enough George Clooney and Jack O Connell did spring to mind.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

True. He brought McClaren in who made us competitive for the first time in 7 years and gave us a thirst for promotion.

Bring back the halcyon days of Nigel Clough!

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

not sure how you come to that conclusion Rynny!

The start of our problem(s) was MM sacking SMc, this was followed by MM sanctioning PClement signings, this was followed up by MM sacking PClement, this was followed by MM sanctioning NPearson signings, this was followed by MM sacking NPearson and so on... you catch my drift.

I firmly believe that under Sam Rush's stewardship, the signings were more shrewd, the football better and the hiring and firing more sensible.

When MM took the power from Sam Rush, that's when it fell apart.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Wait, What? It's not all down to Mel after All? ?

Who was it that negotiated the deals for the summer spend under Clement? Which agency did they all have in common, including Clement? To me that is the start of our down fall, mistakes have been made since, no denying that, but Rush has to take his fair share of the blame.

1 hour ago, Woodypecker said:

But who picked a fight with him (and lost)? 

And picked a fight with drunken Keogh (and lost)?

And reneged on HMRC payments (and dumped the club in the mire)?

Morris took over the club with Sam as CEO. He gave Sam 5% of the shares of DCFC Limited and he continued as the CEO. At this time, Morris was dishing out money like confetti as he wanted to be seen as the generous benefactor that we now know he never was.

However, from day one Morris was making all of the day to day decisions in the running of the club, despite never having been involved in football before. When Morris wanted to be rid of an employee, from head coach downwards, he would instantly claim the individual was guilty of gross misconduct in the belief he would not have to settle the remaining contract period. However, Sam was a solicitor and invariably had to convince him that there were no grounds for gross misconduct. Consequently, Morris had to settle the contracts in full. I believe that he frittered away about £35m in doing this - McClaren twice, Clements, Pearson, Coco and all their coaches plus Rush and Keogh was ridiculously expensive.

Additionally Sam had persuaded Morris not to sack others that he intended to dismiss.

When it came to Sam's turn there was no one to rein Morris in and we had to listen to his infamous claptrap that "Sam had breached his fiduciary duties and I relish having my day in Court with him."

Sam was adamant from day one that he had done nothing wrong and he would fight for his dues. Sam was clear that he had never signed off a single transaction - that was Stephen Pearce's role - and that no decisions had been pursued without Morris authorising them. Sam was just another convenient scapegoat for Morris to deflect blame away from himself when things were going wrong. Sam won his tribunal claim and was awarded his outstanding salary. Morris then had to compensate him out of court for the value of the shares he had snatched back.

Morris made similar costly mistakes with Keogh after crying gross misconduct again.

Then last September we all finally found out who it really was that had been breaching his fiduciary duties.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Morris took over the club with Sam as CEO. He gave Sam 5% of the shares of DCFC Limited and he continued as the CEO. At this time, Morris was dishing out money like confetti as he wanted to be seen as the generous benefactor that we now know he never was.

However, from day one Morris was making all of the day to day decisions in the running of the club, despite never having been involved in football before. When Morris wanted to be rid of an employee, from head coach downwards, he would instantly claim the individual was guilty of gross misconduct in the belief he would not have to settle the remaining contract period. However, Sam was a solicitor and invariably had to convince him that there were no grounds for gross misconduct. Consequently, Morris had to settle the contracts in full. I believe that he frittered away about £35m in doing this - McClaren twice, Clements, Pearson, Coco and all their coaches plus Rush and Keogh was ridiculously expensive.

Additionally Sam had persuaded Morris not to sack others that he intended to dismiss.

When it came to Sam's turn there was no one to rein Morris in and we had to listen to his infamous claptrap that "Sam had breached his fiduciary duties and I relish having my day in Court with him."

Sam was adamant from day one that he had done nothing wrong and he would fight for his dues. Sam was clear that he had never signed off a single transaction - that was Stephen Pearce's role - and that no decisions had been pursued without Morris authorising them. Sam was just another convenient scapegoat for Morris to deflect blame away from himself when things were going wrong. Sam won his tribunal claim and was awarded his outstanding salary. Morris then had to compensate him out of court for the value of the shares he had snatched back.

Morris made similar costly mistakes with Keogh after crying gross misconduct again.

Then last September we all finally found out who it really was that had been breaching his fiduciary duties.

You are Sam Rush and I claim my five pounds!

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You are Sam Rush and I claim my five pounds!

I am not Sam Rush and I can neither confirm nor deny that I know him ??

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

MA hasn’t bid. Admins won’t talk to him still. Have this on decent authority. But he’s the only one to actually show he has the cash ready.

He has only reported by his friends in the media that he has the cash ready ,if he has why not go public and make the claim from the horses mouth.

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The Admins aren't talking to me either....perhaps its because I haven't bid.

But Ashley did bid,  pre CK

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Need a striker. Every club that did well last season had a striker on 15 plus goals. I fear if the club loses any more players it will be a season of struggle. I',m not expecting much from next season unless we sign some players including a goalscorer.

Agreed, but the top goalscorers at that level prove just all too well the level of the league, especially at what you look at their achievements before last season:

Will Keane - 26 goals, 7 assists - 8 goals in 75 Championship matches
Ross Stewart - 26 goals, 3 assists - 15 goals in 73 games in Scotland's top 2 leagues
Alfie May - 23 goals, 4 assists - 17 goals in 72 League Two games 
Cole Stockton - 23 goals, 4 assists - 30 goals in 146 League Two games

Someone like Stretton with a respectable record in U23 record could prove more than enough at that level, especially as goals breed confidence. 

17 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think you should write a book on Mel, starting with your school days!