The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 hours ago, ck- said:

I’m not an apologist for Mel Morris, and I wish he’d stuck to what he said he wanted to achieve , rather than compromise it by wasting millions on poor value players. So what am I suggesting he did right? Let’s look at the contribution of the academy yesterday, and acknowledge that for all his other failings, he left us something to be proud of. Just a shame he made such a spectacular mess of the rest of it.

That's the irony of it all. He got what he wanted by ruining the club. The solution was not to spend big, it was to spend wisely.

33 minutes ago, KBB said:

Nice info.

Where has that come from? Obviously not expecting you to name your source but is it a trusted one?

Very trusted and shown around by SP. 

Although loads of chants about SP yesterday about getting out of our club, I’ve heard he’s been brilliant during the admins processes. 

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Very trusted and shown around by SP. 

Although loads of chants about SP yesterday about getting out of our club, I’ve heard he’s been brilliant during the admins processes. 

Thanks for sharing. Crossing everything for positive developments.

Anything else PM me if you want.

29 minutes ago, Norwichram2 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/update-emerges-on-mike-ashleys-pursuit-of-Derby-county-amid-middlesbrough-dispute/

First article I have read disapproving of Boro's position. It's a start.

So according to the media Mike Ashley hasn't put a bid in, But then according to the media is going to have talks with the EFL and Gibson to come to a resolution concerning DCFC?‍♂️

That’s basically what he said to me - if one or both clubs haven’t asked for arbitration - it is nothing to do with the EFL. He has also stated they did not block a sale.

I am beginning to wonder if all this has got nothing to do with announcing a PB - and the delay is what has prompted the EFL to ask about our ability to complete our fixtures without a PB.

If that is the case - it would be entirely reasonable. And if that is the case it will all be resolved as soon as a PB is announced.

So the question remains - what is preventing us from being able to do that?

1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

If that is the case - it would be entirely reasonable. And if that is the case it will all be resolved as soon as a PB is announced.

So the question remains - what is preventing us from being able to do that?

And why claim the EFL are going against statute - not something you'd think was done lightly?

Edited by RoyMac5

20 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This was tweeted from MP Amanda Solloway. Does anyone know what she’s referring to about the “significantly complicating the process”? Rooney mentioned in his interview there’s other things that people don’t know about that’s playing a part in all this also?  

B5F8C8D9-E579-4270-8983-9AB6E4443DE4.png

I think she’s just referring to the fact that Friday was supposed to be name preferred bidder and move forward but instead the well documented things that happened are making our takeover more complicated than it really should be. 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do explain to us what is more complicated than the EFL wanting Boro & Wycombe's claims to be seen as 'football creditors' when there isn't any reason they should be.

My understanding The structural problem the Athletic tried to describe I think comes if the CVA fails and you have to sell the club’s business to a new company in order to exit administration. If this happens, the plan is that the cash paid to DCFC when it sells its business is enough to get 25% of creditor claims paid. But if you have uncertain claims against DCFC it means you don’t know how much you need to sell the business for.

This problem can be fixed I think -  a similar one arose in the WiMbledon case and there it was dealt with. But the size of the claim here makes it harder to solve. And realistically MM needs to get involved to fix it ...  Q have their own plan to deal with it but it doesn’t guarantee the exit and this  has caused Ashley a problem 

The football creditor point is a separate one .  If I understand it right, the structural problem outlined above that the Athletic alluded to exists whether or not the claim is a football claim.

btw, I’ve not looked at the EFl definition of football creditor  - have you?  

ive got to admit I’ve not read the Athletic article but it was quoted on here and what was said made sense. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

btw, I’ve not looked at the EFl definition of football creditor  - have you?  

ive got to admit I’ve not read the Athletic article but it was quoted on here and what was said made sense. 

Not but I assumed only the EFL knew that! ? 

As for the CVA plan, why do we have to leave admin that way?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

The one thing all the email replies from Parry have in common are a complete arrogance of tone.

Does he not know how to speak to people?

I would imagine he is having to be very very careful with what he says and is potentially being guided on wordings by comms / legal teams. Or likely he just knows himself how he has to put things. So probably part of the reason his replies are quite robotic.

32 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This was tweeted from MP Amanda Solloway. Does anyone know what she’s referring to about the “significantly complicating the process”? Rooney mentioned in his interview there’s other things that people don’t know about that’s playing a part in all this also?  

B5F8C8D9-E579-4270-8983-9AB6E4443DE4.png

Friday was when we found out that EFL were holding up the takeover due to the Boro/Wycombe threats of seeking compensation? 

Solloway’s response, along with Andrew Bridgen’s post, suggests MPs are hoping to move with some urgency. I think aside from our Derby-centric concerns, the angle of denying HMRC money and other legitimate creditors is strong. It paints EFL as a rogue organisation acting against the interests of one of its members, the wider community - possibly in an illegal manner. 

The conservative government will be keen to distract from their current debacle, and if we can be the flashpoint that spurs them on to implement The recent recommendations of overhauling the governance then all the better. We could become a cause celebre to improve their image which they definitely need. 

I’ll also write to my local MP (in Sheffield) to highlight that this isn’t just an issue local to Derby as fans are all over the country, and it is also something that should have a cross-party interest.  

Edited by Indy

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not but I assumed only the EFL knew that! ? 

As for the CVA plan, why do we have to leave admin that way?

The numbers only work I guess if unsecured claims are compromised down to 25%. That’s what the bidders will have been told to expect. Easiest way to get there is CVA and for DCFC to continue as the owner. But you might not get enough votes for the CVA. If you don’t, you need to go the sale route